MFactory DCT SMFW (6 and 8 bolt)

Dagumpf

Lurker
May 4, 2019
Ride
BMW E93 N54 DCT
So I have a N54 E93 DCT (Euro). Had a high rpm misfire issue, so replaced the DMFW with the MFactor SMFW, which solved the misfire issue. All been fine for a few months, and I could live with the chatter noise, but now THIS clunking noise has started, only happens at a very specific rpm around 700rpm. Any thoughts?

• Wow
Reactions: NoGuru

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Sounds like you've got some construction work going on.

Any way to put in a scope and look to see if something is coming loose?

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
335i N54 Predator 3.2L stroker
20201101_133313.jpg

KnighTT

Lurker
Dec 5, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Ride
E92 335is DCT
I just ordered one of these a couple days ago for a 335is. So now I have 2 questions after reading this.

- Are those M8 bolts going to be an issue? I'd rather upgrade those right out of the box if there has been failures.
- Looks like putting new stock trans bushings is the way to go if you don't want to incur more noise after install of the SMFW?

Also, anyone who has ordered direct from MFactory, about how long did it take to get to you?

KnighTT

Lurker
Dec 5, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Ride
E92 335is DCT
There has also been some posts and videos I have seen where there is mention that if you do not pre-load the center driveshaft bearing, toward the engine, it will cause vibration and noise after you work on the DCT or make changes. Also, I've seen someone complain about a bunch of noise to find out they put that bearing in upside down.

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
There has also been some posts and videos I have seen where there is mention that if you do not pre-load the center driveshaft bearing, toward the engine, it will cause vibration and noise after you work on the DCT or make changes. Also, I've seen someone complain about a bunch of noise to find out they put that bearing in upside down.
Humm, I did preload the bearing 1/4" twords the engine based on a video I watched. Since then I have had a vibration between 15-25 mph. I have a Guibo (which I thought was the issue) on the way as well as a new center bearing. I guess it would be good to find out if it needs pre-load.

KnighTT

Lurker
Dec 5, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Ride
E92 335is DCT
Anyone know what the torque is supposed to be for the bolts that attach the flange to the FW? This came with zero instructions.