MFactory LSD Group Buy

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I actually already spoke with them about that. I got rear ended about the same time I ordered the diff and unfortunately the same day I had to drop the car off at the body shop is the same day the diff showed up. It looked like just a bumper and taillight but they found some other stuff once they got it apart and had to order more parts so it's going to take another week. I'm pulling it out myself and promised to have it in the mail as soon as I get the car back but I'm stuck right now.

Oh dang that sucks. As long as you're in communication with them I'm sure its fine. But I do have a couple people who can't get their units built until more cores come back.

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
How does it feel so far?

Pretty amazing! I forgot to take photos of the two line corner exit marks... have to relearn corner exit now. Track wise, the upshifting DCT issues wasn't as bad. At least it's only if powering down early while the weight is on the front outside tire. No more funky upshifting in a straight-ish section (Autocross). I'm sure on the big tracks like COTA, it's be excellent. I'm trying to follow the other thread on converting the DCT to M3 logic and hoping to get the redline bounce verses upshift to go along with the LSD upgrade.

Street wise, I was surprised how much power wasn't getting down. Car is very planted. It's fun to hear squealing out of the drivers window for once. :)

I tend to not hold back... left hand sweeper jump.
_VW_8535b.jpg

semaj

Mar 4, 2018
Ride
135i
Just to understand this correctly-- I have a welded diff in my 135i MT. I just need to pay the amount, then I'll get a whole welded diff unit shipped to me, then I need to take my diff out and ship it back.

They will then give me the $500 back that they held. Hoping to get this done and have an option to get this done without having my car disassembled for weeks at a time waiting for parts.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Just to understand this correctly-- I have a welded diff in my 135i MT. I just need to pay the amount, then I'll get a whole welded diff unit shipped to me, then I need to take my diff out and ship it back.

They will then give me the $500 back that they held. Hoping to get this done and have an option to get this done without having my car disassembled for weeks at a time waiting for parts.

You pay the price + core + shipping. You get a differential housing with LSD already inside. You remove your differential housing and return it. You get core deposit returned. The down time is limited to how long it takes you to remove and install the pumpkin. Unless, they do not have your differential for a core, then you'll have to send it in. I'm checking on these things for you now.

semaj

Mar 4, 2018
Ride
135i
You pay the price + core + shipping. You get a differential housing with LSD already inside. You remove your differential housing and return it. You get core deposit returned. The down time is limited to how long it takes you to remove and install the pumpkin. Unless, they do not have your differential for a core, then you'll have to send it in. I'm checking on these things for you now.
Thanks! If there is no down time other than how fast I can take my own diff out I'm game. What's preventing me from going through getting an LSD is the whole down time associated (was quoted 4-6 weeks from WaveTrac) to take my diff out, make my car immobile, then wait for the diff to come back to reinstall w/ the LSD.

Janman75

Feb 6, 2018
Ride
335is
Got my core deposit also back and LSD works great. Only trouble in whole process was really tight driveshaft assembly. In my old pumpkin it was much more loose. Thanks doublespaces for arranging this group buy!

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Got my core deposit also back and LSD works great. Only trouble in whole process was really tight driveshaft assembly. In my old pumpkin it was much more loose. Thanks doublespaces for arranging this group buy!

I'm glad it worked out for you!

Newguy123

Lurker
Oct 25, 2017
Ride
12 bmw 135i

Hey thanks for posting and glad you are satisfied! Do you have Any tips?
Did you follow a DIY?
Did it come full of oil and in how many miles should you flush it?

I know the 50mm tool and new hardware is a must but is there anything else?

Thank you!

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Hey thanks for posting and glad you are satisfied! Do you have Any tips?
Did you follow a DIY?
Did it come full of oil and in how many miles should you flush it?

I know the 50mm tool and new hardware is a must but is there anything else?

Thank you!

If there isn't a DIY posted here, someone should make one!

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d

Newguy123

Lurker
Oct 25, 2017
Ride
12 bmw 135i
Eagle has landed and did arrive with return shipping label...
I will be Installing it this Sunday
Diff ships with no oil in it so make sure you have new oil. I will try and snap some pics and talk about any tips post install on here if there’s any extra steps worth taking etc :)
AA6ED856-B6EF-4023-BBBA-A61E48391246.png

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Alright, what's the trick to getting the nut off the back of the drive shaft to get it out of the differential? Push the wrench towards the passenger side correct? I've sprayed it down with PB blaster and it just will not budge so I feel like I have to be doing something wrong.

Newguy123

Lurker
Oct 25, 2017
Ride
12 bmw 135i
Alright, what's the trick to getting the nut off the back of the drive shaft to get it out of the differential? Push the wrench towards the passenger side correct? I've sprayed it down with PB blaster and it just will not budge so I feel like I have to be doing something wrong.

Depends which way you look at it. If you’re looking at the back of the car you turn it counter clockwise