MHD app enhancements thread

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
Please please please, FIX this DCT launch control!!! DCT launch control with the ability to use it with traction all the way turned off, and RPM adjustable! That would be greatly appreciated.

F87Source

Sergeant
Oct 14, 2019
Canada
Ride
2017 Bmw M2
Is the minimum and maximum values at the bottom of the gauges permanently gone? I haven't gotten a chance to test this yet but looking at pictures it seems that way.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
The triangle pointer maintains the maximum for a configurable amount of time. Working in a way to show the overall min and max without crowding the screen (prob swipe down on a gauge or something).

Use the alerts :)

Reactions: F87Source

F87Source

Sergeant
Oct 14, 2019
Canada
Ride
2017 Bmw M2
The triangle pointer maintains the maximum for a configurable amount of time. Working in a way to show the overall min and max without crowding the screen (prob swipe down on a gauge or something).

Will the minimum/max alert keep beeping if it's below/above that range of will it beep once and that's it?

F87Source

Sergeant
Oct 14, 2019
Canada
Ride
2017 Bmw M2
It beeps for the entire time it is above/below the threshold you set
I see, I personally prefer the min and max values of the old gauges so I can see iat's and boost over the trip. Maybe you guys can bring it back like before as opposed to having to swipe?

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
More ergonomics than anything, but I immediately miss the descending timestamp file list. Is there a default sort order option in the new version that I missed? If not, can there be?

I flash a lot and it was nice always having the latest bins automtically at the top for selection.

• Agree
Reactions: Jeffman and TiAgAu

TiAgAu

Corporal
Nov 18, 2018
Australia
Ride
08 335i

Like the new gauge style! Well done:)

Just a little idea/mockup for placement of the min and max values. No idea if it can added there or not?
See eg of min/max hold on the right (boost gauge) Should keep it looking clean.

Also maybe an option to hide the status bar? So the app runs full screen and will be slightly bigger. Just have to tap screen to view the log button. Use to have this option in the Subaru android logger BtSsm just made it overall cleaner but thats just me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200515_125223_com.mhd.flasher. 20n54.png
    Screenshot_20200515_125223_com.mhd.flasher. 20n54.png
    465.5 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: F87Source

F87Source

Sergeant
Oct 14, 2019
Canada
Ride
2017 Bmw M2
Like the new gauge style! Well done:)

Just a little idea/mockup for placement of the min and max values. No idea if it can added there or not?
See eg of min/max hold on the right (boost gauge) Should keep it looking clean.

Also maybe an option to hide the status bar? So the app runs full screen and will be slightly bigger. Just have to tap screen to view the log button. Use to have this option in the Subaru android logger BtSsm just made it overall cleaner but thats just me.
+1
That's exactly what I'm talking about! I love the way that would look!

Also yes minimizing the large status bar would be nice. Maybe put the start logging button on the left (I personally prefer it that way) like before with an option to remove it, so it's still there easy to access for quick data logging and removable if desired.

Reactions: TiAgAu

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Love the new app and launch control. I didn't get a lot of time to try and tweak it, but is there an option to change the gauge types or is it just the single look now? While it's pretty, using it on a phone in a 2x3 config makes everything very small now. I also miss how the AFR would turn red when open at 234. Not a huge deal since I have an AVIN coming, but figureed I'd complain.

Also, the Facebook world wants to know when you'll have launch control for autos. :p

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
After running this all day, my god do I miss my highs and lows on the gauges.

i may also be the minority, but I miss being able to do different style gauges also. The square look made it easy at a glance to tell my gauges apart.

all that said, the biggest issue I had, the app froze and crashed several times. This is on a android fwiw

F87Source

Sergeant
Oct 14, 2019
Canada
Ride
2017 Bmw M2
After running this all day, my god do I miss my highs and lows on the gauges.

i may also be the minority, but I miss being able to do different style gauges also. The square look made it easy at a glance to tell my gauges apart.

all that said, the biggest issue I had, the app froze and crashed several times. This is on a android fwiw
Yes, mine has frozen too for some reason.

Running on android too.

curtisgjr

Lurker
Mar 27, 2020
Yeah I like how I could see the low on my lpfp and highs on boost longer that the set time thing with old gauges .. also very laggy just driving down road in airplane mode don't use for anything exept mhd xhp and xdelete it would freeze than read again weird hope it gets fixed or put out a way to downgrade to old style thanks