MHD app enhancements thread

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
You need to open the app while connected to the internet in order for the crash data to send.

oh yeah, no way I can do that. I use mhd dongle connected to WiFi and I don’t have a hotspot that will connect on top while also running that connection.

how can I do that? The tablet does not have any data connection. I don’t seem to have an issue on the iPhone

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
oh yeah, no way I can do that. I use mhd dongle connected to WiFi and I don’t have a hotspot that will connect on top while also running that connection.

how can I do that? The tablet does not have any data connection. I don’t seem to have an issue on the iPhone

Just connect to the internet (hotspot) and simply open the app. No need to do anything. Past crashes are stored and uploaded at app launch when internet is available

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
@jyamona
User problem - i wasnt datalogging at the time a problem occured(eg misfire) and so i dont know what caused my issue and i cant replicate the circumstances because i dont know what they were

Aus335iguy App enhancement no9876543 enable "blackbox data logging" ie make a new datalogging mode with a set memory allocation eg 1MB. COntinually log parameters until the allocation is full and then start overwritting on a FIFO basis. The user can then pull over whenever they "witness" an event that requires scrutiny and upload that log for analysis.......bonus points if we can specify an amount of time that has elapsed from when event happened to when the log was stopped. :D

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
Would it be possible to add some kind of background auto reconnect while in monitor mode ?

TiAgAu

Corporal
Nov 18, 2018
Australia
Ride
08 335i
Option to hide large status bar in monitor mode? Not needed in Autolog anyway.
Should make room for larger gauge display.

RNM

Corporal
Jun 3, 2019
n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Wife mode? Simple, don't get married.

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
As all4bspinnin said in the other thread, id be willing to pay/donate to single bank o2. And test if need be. Im fed up of o2 issues. Would be willing to throw two widebands in both banks with main in downpipe post turbo. Im ready to just throw twins back on, but not gonna be reliable on 900hp.

Reactions: The Banshee

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
I have the issue that my STFT seem to deactivate themselfs sometimes.. whyever.

How can i use the alert feature when my alert is 0?

Attachments

• V901 - Brave.png
    V901 - Brave.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Agree
Reactions: Asbjorn

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
v2.03 pushed to the respective app stores. Fixed the min/max bug and improved error handling around a few crashes users were experiencing.
I've updated to the latest app and like almost everything.

The only problem I noticed today when logging was that the "start" and "stop" logging buttons on the monitor page are too hard to press when driving. I kept missing the hitbox and it would bring up the gauge channel selection dialogue. The old app had a larger target for my clumsy fingers.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
The only problem I noticed today when logging was that the "start" and "stop" logging buttons on the monitor page are too hard to press when driving. I kept missing the hitbox and it would bring up the gauge channel selection dialogue. The old app had a larger target for my clumsy fingers.

same here!

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
I will try to improve this in a future update. It was currently limited to the size of the nav bar, but I am going to change that

Reactions: carabuser

JBacon335

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Toms River, NJ
Ride
07 335i Sedan, 1988 Mustang GT
I've had the gauges all freeze on me, needed to exit and reopen app to get them working again. Would be seriously annoying if it happened while doing a datalog

Reactions: F87Source

F87Source

Sergeant
Oct 14, 2019
Canada
Ride
2017 Bmw M2
I've had the gauges all freeze on me, needed to exit and reopen app to get them working again. Would be seriously annoying if it happened while doing a datalog
That happens to me too, but for me I'm now suspecting the wifi adapter vibrates loose on a small occasion because resetting the app won't work and I must unplug and replug the adapter back in.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Make sure there's no other devices in your car that have connected to your adapter and might be trying to auto-connect to it. They are also prone to wifi interference.

Reactions: d8rknight

F87Source

Sergeant
Oct 14, 2019
Canada
Ride
2017 Bmw M2
Make sure there's no other devices in your car that have connected to your adapter and might be trying to auto-connect to it. They are also prone to wifi interference.
Only my tablet is connected to it, I will try with all my devices on air plane mode and see if that helps.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
I had the same and solved it by having my tuner adjust the trims to sit much closer to zero. At least hasn't happened with single digit negative stfts.

I don´t think that the issue is coming from trims. I increased the fuel scalar because of the issue as i was running pretty lean in one log because of STFT 0%.
Now as it happened my AFR "only" went to 13.6. It is a safety measure until i found the issue.

I read somewhere that trims flatline because of misfire and that is also a thing i had on my car lately. But since yesterday i could not reproduce the misfires and STFT did not flatline.

curtisgjr

Lurker
Mar 27, 2020
I like how the gauges are now but every since update to ios this app has never been right for me very frustrating is it only me ??
I am on Huawei media pad model bg2-w09 newest version android 6.0 emui version 4.1 same one it used to work great on on updates are current .. . Only thing I use it for is car xdelete mhd and pro tool xhp for over a year
For me just driving you can clearly see it is a delay gas it take foot of gas delay then new reading boost lamda 1 and 2 lpfp everything and the worst part I could not take a good log wasted time hit log wait nothing while trying to keep 2500rpm 3rd gear hit start again then its on but not when I thought it would be a big delay..
So I try again wait for strait road HIT START NOTHING Than look up and what do you know logging when I did not want it to had gave up that run no more strait rd
at this point I am feed up hope its only me its happening to. I hope they are not going to stop trying for android anymore now that's its on ios

Attachments

• thumbnailmhd.jpg
    thumbnailmhd.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 16