MHD app enhancements thread

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
i dont know if i have delay. but it really is annoying that starting logging is like darts hitting bulls eye. The button is a pos. Was way better in v1.9.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Android is not abandoned, hardly :). Both will be receiving the same updates going fwd. Unfortunately android support covers 10,000+ different device combinations whole iOS is like....20? So harder to get all the bugs ironed out for Android as fast as iOS.

Logging start/stop button will be improved in a future update.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
i dont know if i have delay. but it really is annoying that starting logging is like darts hitting bulls eye. The button is a pos. Was way better in v1.9.

I thought it was just me. Think I'm going back to prior version. Between the poor button response and the unusable gauges, this is the windows vista of MHD. :(

curtisgjr

Lurker
Mar 27, 2020
yeah I tried again today unusable can't safely get any logs what a waste used to be great... Glad they are trying to fix things but I am trying to get 3 good logs to send out and cant get 1 lol . How are you getting the old download right before they added this new stuff?? if you can share the link or how your doing it would be greatly appreciated... Would be good if there was 2 options on playstore one for last download before update and then the one they have now updated and let users choice which one to install

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
yeah I tried again today unusable can't safely get any logs what a waste used to be great... Glad they are trying to fix things but I am trying to get 3 good logs to send out and cant get 1 lol . How are you getting the old download right before they added this new stuff?? if you can share the link or how your doing it would be greatly appreciated... Would be good if there was 2 options on playstore one for last download before update and then the one they have now updated and let users choice which one to install
then why dont you hit 'enable automatic logging' checkbox, go do your 3 logs and then uncheck the box?

Reactions: ShocknAwe

curtisgjr

Lurker
Mar 27, 2020
then why dont you hit 'enable automatic logging' checkbox, go do your 3 logs and then uncheck the box?
At this point with the terrible delays with the gauges I did not try automatic logging assumed it was broke like the rest of the app.figured it would start logging way late with delays but did not try..

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
If you already logged in to the new app and it moved your licenses, they will not be available on the old app any more. This is necessary to enable license sharing between android and iOS.

Those of you with "slow gauges" instead of posting here of you could please instead post that in the separate troubleshooting thread that was made that would be great. Also please include details on your Android device, (make and model) android OS version, available storage space, and which adapter you are using.

curtisgjr

Lurker
Mar 27, 2020
If you already logged in to the new app and it moved your licenses, they will not be available on the old app any more. This is necessary to enable license sharing between android and iOS.

Those of you with "slow gauges" instead of posting here of you could please instead post that in the separate troubleshooting thread that was made that would be great. Also please include details on your Android device, (make and model) android OS version, available storage space, and which adapter you are using.
Hey I appreciate you trying to make app better and you take feedback and all that good stuff!! but enough is enough. I already paid for a product that used to work I am not a new owner of mhd started long time ago with mhd maps 7 and have moved on to custom tuning.. I should not have to try so hard to roll back to a working app or be a beta tester I did not sign up for that I had been being patient waiting for a fix but not looking good my mistake for auto updating to newest app I did not realize this would not be thought out.. .. I have 1.92 downloaded but can't get license to work If you were making such a bold move to expand you business and make more money on ios people . You should have had a better plan like windows if it don't work roll back to working one either 2 downloads on play store or option built in to mhd to roll back easily for people with issues just saying please and thanks

r0nd3L

Private
Dec 2, 2019
Ride
135i
I am trying to help you, and you did not answer a single of my questions that would let me try.

Can't please some people no matter what.

Been using new app with no problems on my OnePlus 6T. Looks and runs great. Licenses being tied to MHD account vs Google Play account is huge and welcome change, thanks!

Reactions: turbohugh

curtisgjr

Lurker
Mar 27, 2020
I like how the gauges are now but every since update to ios this app has never been right for me very frustrating is it only me ??
I am on Huawei media pad model bg2-w09 newest version android 6.0 emui version 4.1 same one it used to work great on on updates are current .. . Only thing I use it for is car xdelete mhd and pro tool xhp for over a year
For me just driving you can clearly see it is a delay gas it take foot of gas delay then new reading boost lamda 1 and 2 lpfp everything and the worst part I could not take a good log wasted time hit log wait nothing while trying to keep 2500rpm 3rd gear hit start again then its on but not when I thought it would be a big delay..
So I try again wait for strait road HIT START NOTHING Than look up and what do you know logging when I did not want it to had gave up that run no more strait rd
at this point I am feed up hope its only me its happening to. I hope they are not going to stop trying for android anymore now that's its on ios
I did post this already here is pic of cable I got when I bought inpa online euautohaus works with pro toll and every other program I have . is my cable not good? my media pad had auto updates on it that's how I got in this mess to begin with it is up do date . Do I need to buy a new one ??
Point i was making was i am busy as we all all in these times I work at homedepots we pride ourselfs on customer service. So again i can upload and trouble shoot and would not mind if i was not so busy.. Or It could be so easy for me if their was an option in mhd when i open it simply go back because like you said many variations and devices,however it worked great before was the point.
Instead of replying to my post its to hard to put the option in to rollback or we will look into it or even dm me and offer help to get 1.92 back installed.
You said I did nothing and left no info either . I also turned on wifi so would upload any errors but I am not getting errors so we both know that is useless.. and if you leave a link to the support one I will post there going forward so i don't keep mudding this thread up i am simply working 50 hr weeks and trying to dial in my car thanks

Attachments

• thumbnailcable.jpg
    thumbnailcable.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnailcable2.jpg
    thumbnailcable2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 14

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
At this point with the terrible delays with the gauges I did not try automatic logging assumed it was broke like the rest of the app.figured it would start logging way late with delays but did not try..
logging works fine, click the box, log the run, done

curtisgjr

Lurker
Mar 27, 2020
Can't please some people no matter what.

Been using new app with no problems on my OnePlus 6T. Looks and runs great. Licenses being tied to MHD account vs Google Play account is huge and welcome change, thanks!
You must be one of those ignorant people that only thinks of themselves. Me to then. It was not about pleasing me like I asked for something some major change or other guy did and we did not get our way and are butt hurt . Looks like he just want a working app simple if you did not catch that not very bright..
Let me explain business motto customer is always right if what asking for is not unreasonable
I'm sure Is it my fault it no longer works sure pal.. and I see works for VAST majority of people I will by a new media pad or ios tablet so I don't have to deal with bull
I see your post looks and runs great for you … but if you spent 300.00 or what ever it was for everything forget been so long 2018 and it went backwards sure you would say something bud

r0nd3L

Private
Dec 2, 2019
Ride
135i
You must be one of those ignorant people that only thinks of themselves. Me to then. It was not about pleasing me like I asked for something some major change or other guy did and we did not get our way and are butt hurt . Looks like he just want a working app simple if you did not catch that not very bright..
Let me explain business motto customer is always right if what asking for is not unreasonable
I'm sure Is it my fault it no longer works sure pal.. and I see works for VAST majority of people I will by a new media pad or ios tablet so I don't have to deal with bull
I see your post looks and runs great for you … but if you spent 300.00 or what ever it was for everything forget been so long 2018 and it went backwards sure you would say something bud

:tearsofjoy:

• Funny
Reactions: turbohugh

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i

You're not exactly the ideal customer here. You've not once provided any useful troubleshooting information, just a photo of some beat eBay cable.

Since the problem you're having seems to limited to just you it's highly likely an issue with your setup, try putting a little work in to fix it yourself. Do a full uninstall of the app and delete any remaining folders. What Android device do you have and what version of Android is it running?