MHD Bluetooth

randamjam

Nov 5, 2016
Cincinnati
progress has been quick lately, with flashing and logging all working perfectly on my desktop DME using the custom MHD BT+usb adapter, both in cabled mode and bluetooth mode. BT mode is a bit quicker than the regular KDCAN cables, and BT+USB mode is over 2x quicker.

Great news!

Question: Will you be adding iOS support for the Apple users once the BT+USB adapter is released?

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
Looking forward to it. Glad progress has been quick. I know myself and many, many others are in high hopes of having it soon. Good job MHD.

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
so excited for this. cant wait to just leave my phone on the mount and not fiddle with plugging it in and getting it hooked up everytime I go for a drive to see the gauges. now I just need to hard wire a charging solution!

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I'm really looking forward to a Bluetooth OBDII connection as well for MHD. I'm starting integration of an Android 4.4 mini PC (RK3288) running MHD to display via Xcarlink to my CCC iDrive. The BT OBDII connection should simplify install and prevent car battery drain when the OBDII USB stayed plugged in. If all goes well I'll also be able to control the Android via my CD slot mounted iPhone 6+ and have lots of other functions displayed on the iDeive screen as well.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
So apparently I need to root my Android mini PC in order to run AirKeyboard Server Pro on it for iPhone mouse and keyboard control - I'd rather not use the tiny BT keyboard. I'll start looking into rooting but if anybody knows any shortcuts please let me know.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
So apparently I need to root my Android mini PC in order to run AirKeyboard Server Pro on it for iPhone mouse and keyboard control - I'd rather not use the tiny BT keyboard. I'll start looking into rooting but if anybody knows any shortcuts please let me know.
XDA Dev is all I can suggest. The rooting method will largely depend on which device you have.

ASquared

Corporal
Nov 6, 2016
Las Vegas
Can't wait for this to come out. That way I can use the micro USB for a dedicated charging port instead. Can't seem to find an OTG+Charge cable that works simultaneously in order to leave my tablet mounted. Gotta take it out and charge it every night. Although with summer approaching, pretty sure it will fry in this heat anyway so I can wait a few months.

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
been following this thread as well as others for a long time, I'm brand new to spool street!

im not the most tech savy person out there. pardon me if this is a stupid question, but would it be possible to set up a permanent charging solution for my android device and run MHD bluetooth simultaneously?

Like have the android device mounted to the dash, with a micro-usb charging cable plugged into it and either hardwired to the car / add a fuse or whatever so it constantly has a charge, and also have the MHD bluetooth connected at the same time? That would be my ideal set up

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
been following this thread as well as others for a long time, I'm brand new to spool street!

im not the most tech savy person out there. pardon me if this is a stupid question, but would it be possible to set up a permanent charging solution for my android device and run MHD bluetooth simultaneously?

Like have the android device mounted to the dash, with a micro-usb charging cable plugged into it and either hardwired to the car / add a fuse or whatever so it constantly has a charge, and also have the MHD bluetooth connected at the same time? That would be my ideal set up
I'm not sure, I don't run straight flash only yet. I'm definitely in for answers myself on what guys are doing for a stealthy permanent solution

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i

Welcome to the forum!

Yeah that is possible. I personally use a dedicated android box and the idrive screen as a display but you can do what you want. If it's an external screen you may as well just use the cig lighter though. You can do a fuse tap or try the USB port in the glove box for power sources.