MHD Bluetooth

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
In the mean time for those inclined a 90 degree obd2 extension and some cable management (tucking into weather stripping / foot well panel) has been working great for me.

Have had it set up that way for over a year and I never worry about tripping, kicking the plug and damaging it, etc.
I have the same setup. Works like a champ!

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
It's been almost two years in may since he said it was working on the test bench, bimmergeeks had it done pretty quick.

Seriously couldn't be that difficult for a team of programmers from mhd to do something like this.

I could understand leaving the customers waiting a few months but a few years, better of saying nothing until your ready to release.

Sure, there's works. But it is significantly slower at logging, and painfully slow at flashing. MHD's is actually a bit faster than the wired connection, especially on F series, and brings iOS support and a few surprises along with it. Martial suffered numerous setbacks by the first two companies hired to produce the adapter, it was out of his control.

9krpmrx8

Lieutenant
Nov 5, 2016
San Antonio, Texas
Yeah it's not that hard to search either. This has all been discussed and Martial is running a business that is serving quite a few engine platforms now so the fact that he comments at all is amazing.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Copy amd.paste from facebook from 6 months ago after an extensive mining of Facebook posts, sdriously if it wasn't easy to find either.

full story
- we had a working custom bluetooth adapter in 2016, android only (no BLE), but the partner went a bit crazy on pricing when finalizing the deal, after testing was mostly complete.
- we sub contracted an automotive german engineer in 2017, who made us wait 6 months for nothing.
- finally this year there was an opportunity to have the adapter as we always wanted to be (wireless, iOS support, 2-4x quicker for flashing than the BG pro KDcan cable, among other features). First flash was completed last week over WLAN. Bluetooth / BLE is also supported by the hardware. Now hardware / software has to be further worked on, but it's never been closer to becoming a reality.

works

Private
Mar 1, 2018
Ride
135i
full story
- we had a working custom bluetooth adapter in 2016, android only (no BLE), but the partner went a bit crazy on pricing when finalizing the deal, after testing was mostly complete.
- we sub contracted an automotive german engineer in 2017, who made us wait 6 months for nothing.
- finally this year there was an opportunity to have the adapter as we always wanted to be (wireless, iOS support, 2-4x quicker for flashing than the BG pro KDcan cable, among other features). First flash was completed last week over WLAN. Bluetooth / BLE is also supported by the hardware. Now hardware / software has to be further worked on, but it's never been closer to becoming a reality.

Now that sounds absolutely fabulous! Until you factor in the "6 months ago" part.

9krpmrx8

Lieutenant
Nov 5, 2016
San Antonio, Texas
I mean how fast do you think this type of development happens when you consider it's a small company that still has to outsource manufacturing of the adapter, test, debug, improve, and update all of its current offerings while still developing for new platforms like the B58? The fact that updates come as fast as they do has always amazed me. Others like Cobb just leave it's customer base hanging.

Last edited:

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I mean how fast do you think this type of development happens when you consider it's a small company that still has to outsource manufacturing of the adapter, test, debug, improve, and update all of its current offerings while still developing for new platforms like the B58? The fact that updates come as fast as they do has always amazed me. Others like Cobb just leave it's customer base hanging.
Totally agree. Given the setbacks they’ve had I’d expect it’ll take another year from now TBH. Dropping a line in here and other forums in social media will keep the loyal fan base... loyal.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Exactly the point I was trying to make, copy and paste a small response in a number of fourms is not that hard to keep your customers happy

A little can go a long way but that info is 6 months old so maybe a little bit more info would be nice

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly

And Cobb has how many employees too? Lol. Software side of MHD is just Martial full-time and myself part-time.

Reactions: aus335iguy

9krpmrx8

Lieutenant
Nov 5, 2016
San Antonio, Texas
Yeah MHD is really on the ball and how fast you guys get shit done has always amazed me. Keep up the good work, I am patiently waiting for a true FF solution for the N55 :)

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
And Cobb has how many employees too? Lol. Software side of MHD is just Martial full-time and myself part-time.
We get that it’s a tight ship all things considered. Suggestion though, talk to @doublespaces about how he can help keep your loyal followers up to date. I’m sure that he’s be more than happy to help you. This board is fairly advanced and he could probably link your Facebook posts or emails automagically somehow. We love what you guys produce and you need some better PR working for you. If you need help, I’ll do it gratis. Get in touch.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
On one side they get criticized for updates and on the other side they get criticized for not updating. Truth is, when you are faced with that situation everyone can kind of fuck off and you go back to work or your family.