MHD Display on iDrive screen

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
My unit gets it's power from the iDrive screen power source- This was a mistake

When flashing with MHD, the iDrive reboots so this means I can't flash from my in-car unit - I have to use my phone

Modification for another day

• Informative
Reactions: Boorda

Boorda

Corporal
Jul 15, 2018
Royse City, TX
futemire.com
Ride
328xi, 335xi M Sport
My unit gets it's power from the iDrive screen power source- This was a mistake

When flashing with MHD, the iDrive reboots so this means I can't flash from my in-car unit - I have to use my phone

Modification for another day

Ok good to know.
I'm going to have to sit down and decipher the half Korean/English install diagram anyway so I'll bust out the Bentley Manual and check out schematics.
I want to find a power source that remains on until the car "goes to sleep". I'll keep you posted when I find that, should be very similar on your car, I would think...

Boorda

Corporal
Jul 15, 2018
Royse City, TX
futemire.com
Ride
328xi, 335xi M Sport
So I did a little research and found that the HD-Link manufaturer actually has a very good English version of the Install\User Manual.
It is way better than the one sheet half English half Korean instructions that came with the unit.

To make your life easier, I've posted the manual and compatibility info in the Resources section here on SpoolStreet.
I'll post the manuals for the NTB and NTB-Evo units in the near future....

IndiWork HD-Link IW04B-N Install Manual

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I'll pay someone to come to ct and do this I dont mind wrenching but I really despise taking my interior apart I really fear damaging my CF trim. It was expensive and had it sent out to be dipped so would have to replace all to match as place is no longer in business.