MHD N55 - Post your logs

Bnks334

Lieutenant
Dec 1, 2016
New York
Stock Turbo (N55 PWG) with E30 custom tune:
http://www.datazap.me/u/banks334/v6-65f-vs-94f?log=1&data=0-4-16-17-32-33

Tuned by @TwistedTuning

We have since added several degrees of timing. Fueling is a limiting factor right now. I will be adding a Stage 1 LPFP, increasing E30 content to ~E50, and adding more timing since the higher octane should support it.

Car just put down 364/497? with the dyno operator bogging the crap out of it and causing a huge throttle closure/dip in rail pressure. I'll be back to the dyno with latest revision soon to see what it puts down with some cleaner pulls! Hoping for 380whp/500wtq. Can't see why the additional timing across the board wouldn't get me there...

EDIT: I am disappointed to say that the stage 1 LPFP didn't help my dip in rail pressure. After installing the pump rail pressure stayed the same. I did reset adaptions though and things improved, but I don't think the two are related.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twisted Tuning

Iftekar

Mar 30, 2018
Ride
335i 6spd E93
Hello Guys,
Have been running MHD since last year and driven almost 20k miles. 2011 335i with 134k miles on it.
I have all the basic maintenance done on time with supporting mods ( VRSF hiflow dp, VRSF 7inch FMIC, ARM chargepipe, stick plugs and coils ( always replaced around 10k miles - thanks to FCP).
I am mainly running stage 1+ and never had any issues. When I switched to stage 2+, my coils were not happy about it somehow. My earlier coils and plugs lasted only 8k miles.
So I decided to go little 'safer' and was playing with different stages of the map to check which one suits my purpose as a daily driven car/ occasional pulls.
The datazap log is from stage 2 map with 91 octane, however I have Exxon 93 fuel.

Can someone check the logs and let me now if it looks ok? I am worried about the timing corrections on the pull and I am not super technical to understand whether they can be termed as 'safe' or 'ok'.
Also the boost is always higher than the target. Not sure if that's fine.