MHD question

MacsAgem

Jan 4, 2017
I've been tuned to mhd for awhile and seen the limit boost by gear option, I've wanted to try it but never knew how to.
My question is what do the values mean on each of the 3 slots and how do I know what to put ?
I'm trying to limit boost on 1st and maybe 2nd since those are the ones I spin the most during digs. thank yall. I'm 6MT btw no auto

Last edited:

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Are you a 6MT or AT or DCT?

If you are an MT, you can use Load By Gear or Boost By Gear or both in unison.

AT or DCT must use Boost by Gear.

In Boost by gear option. You put the boost you want to run in the gear. Load by gear you input target load. Target load to boost correlation varies depending on whether youre running the stock tmap or an upgraded one also.

Last edited:

MacsAgem

Jan 4, 2017
Are you a 6MT or AT or DCT?

If you are an MT, you can use Load By Gear or Boost By Gear or both in unison.

AT or DCT must use Load by Gear.

In Boost by gear option. You put the boost you want to run in the gear. Load by gear you input target load. Target load to boost correlation varies depending on whether youre running the stock tmap or an upgraded one also.

I said I was 6MT but I should have been clearer, when I go to flash option I can either select these two
Screenshot_2017-05-12-14-46-29-1.png

They say the same thing but one has (AT-DCT) next to it while the other has (MT). I'm guessing the (AT-DCT) one is to limit boost right ? If so I didn't know I could run it because I thought it was for autos only. So I can run both options is what you're telling me since I'm a manual ?

Also I'm still using the stock sensor, so I'm still confused on load values like the "130" and "160" on first and second slot. What are the values ? how do I use this mode ? Lastly what effect does it have vs limiting just boost ?

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
I said I was 6MT but I should have been clearer, when I go to flash option I can either select these two
View attachment 3718
They say the same thing but one has (AT-DCT) next to it while the other has (MT). I'm guessing the (AT-DCT) one is to limit boost right ? If so I didn't know I could run it because I thought it was for autos only. So I can run both options is what you're telling me since I'm a manual ?

Also I'm still using the stock sensor, so I'm still confused on load values like the "130" and "160" on first and second slot. What are the values ? how do I use this mode ? Lastly what effect does it have vs limiting just boost ?

Sorry Must have miss the 6MT part. But yes as a 6MT you can use either or. They both work for the 6MT. Some people find it easier to the boost because it's simple to know what youre inputting.

The load by gear. Iirc on the stock sensor 130-135 load it like stock boost of around 8psi or so. 160 load should be around 14psi. 200load is about 20psi iirc

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
Good to know. I have been using the load limit on my MT. Going to try the boost limited and see how it does.