MHD Updates - Shift Bog (Tq Lim 2048) Delete & PI Safety

Bnks334

Lieutenant
Dec 1, 2016
New York
No problem.

In the meantime, check out these new features from xhpflashtool.
-Torque limit by gear
-Alter torque reductions during upshifts

https://www.xhpflashtool.com/blog/wh...module_can_do/

Link is dead but this is what I figured you were referencing. I am pretty sure audible knock feedback dictates timing correction intensity and duration. Torque reduction via traction control and TCU logic are done in the form of multiplicative load adjustments not timing corrections (as far as I understand anyway).

I mentioned tuning because it's speculated that timing during shifts can induce knock. Even ATs have "off throttle" moments. Look at a log and you'll see timing go negative during an upshift which is done for many reasons (torque reduction as mentioned by xHP). Timing and intensity of timing re-introduction during the gear change can induce knock as well. Not gonna lie I haven't read through all 8 pages of this thread though LOL Or the other "let end this" thread... I am here because the N55 needs the 2048 torque limiter logic re-written like what was done with N54s! Good luck.

Last edited:

Brakthru

Private
Feb 20, 2019
Ride
BMW 335i
Link is dead but this is what I figured you were referencing. I am pretty sure audible knock feedback dictates timing correction intensity and duration. Torque reduction via traction control and TCU logic are done in the form of multiplicative load adjustments not timing corrections (as far as I understand anyway).

I mentioned tuning because it's speculated that timing during shifts can induce knock. Even ATs have "off throttle" moments. Look at a log and you'll see timing go negative during an upshift which is done for many reasons. Timing and intensity of timing re-introduction during the gear change can induce knock as well. Not gonna lie I haven't read through all 8 pages of this thread though LOL Or the other "let end this" thread... I am here because the N55 needs the 2048 torque limiter logic re-written like what was done with N54s! Good luck.

It figures the link don't work. Try the one below. I don't think xhp has anything to do with what I'm speaking of but I could be wrong. I haven't tried the new features yet. But thanks for the info. I just wanted to share the new feature that could help in some way.

https://www.xhpflashtool.com/blog/what_the_xhp_customization_module_can_do/