MHD Wifi

• Login or Register, members don't see Ads!
  • Tip: You can toggle the Dark Theme at the bottom of the page

LamboLover

Corporal
Apr 6, 2017
No. Canbus is not used.
I thought all MSD80/81 used CAN for datalogging, but early N54 vehicles around 2006 forward it on K line to the OBD port? The early MEVD17 use CAN at the DME and CAN at the OBD port, later use mostly flexray at the DME and CAN or 100 BASE TX at the OBD port.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
I thought all MSD80/81 used CAN for datalogging, but early N54 vehicles around 2006 forward it on K line to the OBD port? The early MEVD17 use CAN at the DME and CAN at the OBD port, later use mostly flexray at the DME and CAN or 100 BASE TX at the OBD port.
This

LamboLover

Corporal
Apr 6, 2017
The microcontrollers typically used are laughably inadequate, and are the bottleneck. However, in some cases, especially some BMWs, the speed of the gateway and the DME processing compression are not that far behind so you can get triple the CAN bus throughput with a faster processor but only complete the overall flash 50% quicker. On other vehicles, the faster hardware shines when you can transfer a calibration segment in 10 seconds with fast hardware and a minute with slow hardware.

aus335iguy

Lieutenant
Nov 18, 2017
So I imagine that’s why the Bimmer geeks Bluetooth and MHD wifi claim faster flash times. Beyond that is there anything the average msd81 owner can do to get greater logging throughput ?

jyamona

Captain
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
So I imagine that’s why the Bimmer geeks Bluetooth and MHD wifi claim faster flash times. Beyond that is there anything the average msd81 owner can do to get greater logging throughput ?
Custom code to the rescue. Just in the "thinking" stage on it, but have some good ideas.

• 1Like
Reactions: doublespaces

martymil

Captain
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Most of us can live with the flash times but with wireless charging and WiFi logging its no excuse why you should not be doing this everytime you drive.

Second hpfp control via dme would be the next leap forward.

Looking forward to what else is installed for this well maturing platform from mhd.

Still hope to get a max cool button on the gauges just like the jb4 app has.

Last edited:

Jeffman

Captain
Jan 7, 2017
Mahvelus! Now I can get rid of those cables poking out from the trim on my dashboard.

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Well, it's been almost 3 months since we saw the hardware pictures. Are we any closer to a price or release date? I don't recall seeing anything in the thread. I've got a turbo kit to go on when this heat wave quits and wifi would help with the frequent logging to get the car dialed in.

ShocknAwe

Lieutenant
Jan 24, 2018
SC
Absolutely can not wait for this. Switched from JB4 -> MHD recently in preparation for hardware and custom tune and really hate this cord given I came from logging with JB4 mobile and their JB4 connect kit.

• 1Agree
Reactions: fmorelli

GreyNBlueE92

Corporal
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Well, it's been almost 3 months since we saw the hardware pictures. Are we any closer to a price or release date? I don't recall seeing anything in the thread. I've got a turbo kit to go on when this heat wave quits and wifi would help with the frequent logging to get the car dialed in.
I almost asked the same thing last night. Wish it could hurry up lol

Jeffman

Captain
Jan 7, 2017
I'm also waiting patiently for this. My OEM cluster is going to be tucked under the dash and a tablet is going to be my main display. Rather not have a cord running to the tablet if I can help it.
Interesting! I can’t wait to see the results of your handiwork.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Still nothing? Hey, maybe we'll get some black Friday sales at this rate
MHD doesn’t owe you anything. If you don’t like the speed they’re working at, spend your money somewhere else. Passive aggressive comments aren’t going to speed them up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.