MMP POOR SERVICE, POOR QUALITY, FALSE MARKETING (PERSONAL EXPERIENCE)

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
Pretty sure they initially were advertising their injectors as "Bosch"- obviously knowing they were cheap China replicas. They later were called out on it and they said "they are as good as Bosch, but not quite Bosch" (vaguely remember them saying they were FoMoCo or Ford equivalents). After further questioning they began offering "Authentic Bosch", or at least one would hope and that it was not yet another guise for some China Re-dos.

To back some of this up here is a thread (last edited in 12/24/2016) which clearly states "6x tested and flow matched within 1% 52lb bosch injectors good for additional fuel injection to over 900whp on E85.": https://www.bummerboost.com/showthr...Injection-kits&p=741578&highlight=#post741578

Now note that the OP had purchased his setup on 7/2017 which was MANY MANY months thereafter this original thread; so did he not buy what was advertised above?

The moral of the story is that some vendors will go the extra mile to make the consumer believe whatever it is they desire, and when they add "it's the cheapest" well then the sale is a dead ringer. The consumer needs to be weary of some vendors as more and more are spending their lives stocking their shelves from as many Chinese sources as they can for replicas and cheapest solutions, and the consumers tend to eat it up as at the end of the day "It was cheaper and better (the vendor told me so)!".

It is also sad for those out there competing who are working their tails off to offer the consumer the best possible solutions at much smaller margins, but will only use Authentic components at every layer possible vs. another vendor who will make much larger margins (but still be cheaper) while cutting every corner possible. From a vendor perspective it is not always about price point, it is about getting the best products out there to the consumer. From a consumer perspective it is not always about buying the cheapest, it is about buying the most product you can for the money.

Rob

this x 1000.

You're calling the replacements shit simply because they are not real Bosch injectors, but we don't know if they flow what is claimed. Has the OP had them flow tested? He hasn't said. Once again, everyone is claiming that the injectors should be replaced with Bosch injectors. Why? That's not what was purchased nor described. The warranty doesnt state, "use this, and if it doesn't work, we will replace it with something else that you never bought." The OP purchased the kit and apparently was satisfied with the purchase until they weren't and now it isn't good enough and should be replaced with the new stuff. If it was replaced with the same, but not defective parts, that is sufficient to satisfy the warranty.

It was helpful that you linked the MMP warranty. Here's the part you neglected to highlight:

View attachment 12516

no offense man but have you been living under a rock? so many people had problems with the original injectors failing/leaking/not flowing or what not, so yes it is fair to call those injectors shitty with so many reported problems. also, you reallly outta re read the original post. He clearly states that he could not get the car the run right and spent tons of time and money to diagnose the issue was that the injectors were bad. lol its not like he just didnt like them, they actually gave him problems that he spent time/money on.

dont get so hung up on which product was or wasnt bought, but focus more of which product super-ceded the other due to original product being awful. Its just pretty retarded to have a buisness of any sort, have a awful product and super-cede that product with a better product to fix the mistake of originally product, then going back to shit product for warranties/replacement.

Last edited:

PRECISION RACEWORKS

Corporal
Platinum Vendor
Nov 11, 2016
HOUSTON TX
www.precisionraceworks.com
To be clear No I did not tell him I was sending him a set of bosch injectors from my gen 2 kit, I told him I sell Bosch injectors with my Gen 2 kit. He had a gen 1 kit. I went though several companies with my gen1 kit and non were great ultimately found my way to bosch. Im pretty sure the owner of Precision Raceworks which is the same owner of Black Market Parts put him up to this thread but now worries thats fine. I did agree to send him a new set of injectors, I told him they were good but that they werent bosch and he agreed to take them. Soon as he gets them he posts this thread, oh well, such is life.

Not sure why we would be blamed for your poor customer service. We did everything we could to get you to work with the customer. It was what was best for you and deserved by the customer.

MMP cut corners, misrepresented product, upset a customer, and got called on it. Take responsibility, apologize, learn, and do better... very simple process.

There is a history behind how black market parts was formed which involved MMP. The history of formation involved PR, MMP, and BMP but as you know PR pulled out and MMP never followed through. What is important and factual is MMP doesn't own Black Market Parts and neither does Precision Raceworks. But since BMP came to market we have seen nothing but outstanding products at great prices. We support them just as we support nearly every vendor in the community.

We took care of the customer he did reach out to us today. We bought genuine matched injectors and sent them priority overseas to him today as well. He is our customer and deserved to be taken care of even if it wasn't our fault.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
tenor.gif

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
We took care of the customer he did reach out to us today. We bought genuine matched injectors and sent them priority overseas to him today as well. He is our customer and deserved to be taken care of even if it wasn't our fault.

Very honorable thing to do for this particular customer (and not insinuating this is your responsibility at all) but don't you suspect there are many other customers out there who bought into the same scheme?

PRECISION RACEWORKS

Corporal
Platinum Vendor
Nov 11, 2016
HOUSTON TX
Very honorable thing to do for this particular customer (and not insinuating this is your responsibility at all) but don't you suspect there are many other customers out there who bought into the same scheme?

There absolutely are, fortunately we have not had to deal with a situation like this before. We can't say we will always replace other manufacture's products when they won't; it is not a standard policy. But we can say we will always do whatever we can to stand behind anything we sell and do anything we can to make the customer whole. We won't always make everyone happy it isn't possible, but it will never be for lack of trying to work with the customer.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
There absolutely are, fortunately we have not had to deal with a situation like this before. We can't say we will always replace other manufacture's products when they won't; it is not a standard policy. But we can say we will always do whatever we can to stand behind anything we sell and do anything we can to make the customer whole. We won't always make everyone happy it isn't possible, but it will never be for lack of trying to work with the customer.

Very impressive sir and you deserve mad props for the resolve (you went WAY out of your way IMHO)- just a bummer for all the others out there at the same time. Good for the OP to share the story and shame on the vendor for the extreme amounts of misrepresentation in their products.

Rob

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
Stand up guys for sure. RESPECTFUL BUSINESS

PRECISION RACEWORKS

Corporal
Platinum Vendor
Nov 11, 2016
HOUSTON TX
So who is selling verified, great functioning injectors.

BMP is the place to go in our opinion. We have seen them tested in person and flow exactly as advertised. No fancy marketing or anything to make them look better they are apple to apple quality of what you would get from injector dynamics. For the price you can't beat them.

Reactions: Alex@abrhouston

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
BMP is the place to go in our opinion. We have seen them tested in person and flow exactly as advertised. No fancy marketing or anything to make them look better they are apple to apple quality of what you would get from injector dynamics. For the price you can't beat them.
Thanks. I cant wait to receive your coils!! Awesome work guys. The community greatly appreciates it.

MMP

Private
Nov 10, 2016
Houston, Texas
If Precision Raceworks isn’t the owner of BMP, how do you explain this?

Attachments

• 8494529E-BE1A-4BC4-ACAC-FD9B4D2646D9.jpeg
    8494529E-BE1A-4BC4-ACAC-FD9B4D2646D9.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 327
  • 5576640A-4BA6-4406-A73A-A8F5E5AB998D.jpeg
    5576640A-4BA6-4406-A73A-A8F5E5AB998D.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 323
  • BC685623-F883-4B6A-A243-714A2AF380FF.jpeg
    BC685623-F883-4B6A-A243-714A2AF380FF.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 332

PRECISION RACEWORKS

Corporal
Platinum Vendor
Nov 11, 2016
HOUSTON TX
MMP,
Thank you for matching up the facts for everyone. So as they can see just like we told above MMP, PR, and BMP were originally discussing a joint venture (Black Market Parts). However MMP never contributed anything and never showed up to do work which you know of course. As stated above PR dropped and released the rights to Stephen who is the sole owner of BMP. When these rights were released (before BMP ever launched) the address and all other state information was changed. So good job spreading rumors with these screen shots we have had others contact us to let us know you were doing this as well.

Anyone that wants to look up this information can do it easily and see the truth. Really not sure how we benefit from any of this but it is fun poking holes in your stories. More importantly we can't wrap our heads around why you are trying to push blame on another company when you failed the customer. Once again just apologize do better and move on.

Link to the truth (Black Market Parts launched November 2017 and Stephen took ownership August 2017)
https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/ Type Black Market Parts in name blank and click search

Looks like your screenshot spreading rumors wasn't accurate because it takes awhile for the state to update their system but the dates don't lie. Who knows maybe you really do believe PR still has ownership in BMP but fact is we don't and really not sure how it would matter at all in this situation. Did BMP make you put false information on forums and on your website or make you sell knock off products from China as genuine?

In regards to our MO if you remember we actually were emailing with you private trying to get you to take care of the customer. You cut us out of the loop and then sent fake injectors to the customer. If we wanted to bash you we would of shipped him new injectors instead of trying to get you to do it. Then bashed you but we didn't we worked behind the scene to get you to correct a problem you created yourself. Ultimately you didn't correct it and we were forced to correct it for you at our expense yet you are still here trying to take the high road and push blame.... Typical MMP

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Putting all the bickering aside, did the new replacement injectors work? If so, then the warranty was satisfied, no?

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
I just want to give props to Precision Raceworks for making this right. As someone who has done business with all three of these vendors (PR, BMP and MMP), I can tell you that Robert @ PR and Stephen @ BMP go above and beyond with their customer service. I can be a needy customer and they are very responsive and helpful whenever I need it. Mauricio usually tries, but it's clear that he has too much on his plate. I received wrong parts from him more than once. I never knew these vendors might be associated with each other, and frankly I don't care if they are or aren't.

I ran the original MMP PI kit and wasn't satisfied with it. The gaskets never sealed right, the injectors came with bent tips and I suspected they were leaking after having cold-start issues and strong fuel smell. I asked for replacement injectors and eventually Mauricio sent me 4 (not 6) injectors. At that point, I just decided to ditch the MMP kit for a BMP kit with OEM gaskets and genuine Bosch injectors. Haven't had a problem or looked back since! I also sleep a little better at night.

I'm sure Mauricio won't be happy to read this, just like he wasn't thrilled to watch my videos comparing his turbos and his port injection kit. He coincidentally updated his PI kit after I released that video, as he should've. I'm a consumer and enthusiast, just like the rest of us are. Improvements and advancements on this platform help everyone. I will share my honest opinion with my audience to help them make informed decisions (saves time & money). If I like something, I'll promote it. If I don't, I'll make sure people know why so they can proceed accordingly.

MMP is good for budget builds, in my opinion. The products, when working correctly, will produce results. They seem to require more diligent installations, maintenance and checkups, but they will work. After being on this platform for 4 years, I've learned that spending more money up front will usually save you money & headaches in the long run. You get what you pay for. Buy once, cry once from now on for me. BMP's port injection kit and PR's ignition kit and fuel system have been problem-free since install.

No one asked me to post here, and I don't think any of these vendors would go out of their way to influence the OP to post this. But I thought I should share my thoughts, since I have first-hand experience with each vendor.

Last edited:

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
Putting all the bickering aside, did the new replacement injectors work? If so, then the warranty was satisfied, no?

But that still doesn't address the fact that he got knock-off injectors (not once, but twice), when he purchased a kit that advertised Bosch injectors.

If you bought a M3 but instead received a 328i, would you be satisfied... even it it "worked"?

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
But that still doesn't address the fact that he got knock-off injectors (not once, but twice), when he purchased a kit that advertised Bosch injectors.

If you bought a M3 but instead received a 328i, would you be satisfied... even it it "worked"?

Alongside this debacle (which affected potentially 100+ other customers) how do you know what else you are buying into with this shady business practice thought process?

Are injectors that are claimed to be flow tested, really flow tested at all? If not, what is the recourse?

Are engine builds that are ultimately sealed up and assumed to be built as quoted, really built as such? If not, what is the recourse?

Are Turbos that are advertised to make 1000hp going to REALLY make 1000hp? If not, what is the recourse?

Are turbos that are advertised to be VSR balanced really VSR balanced to most ideal specs? If not, what is the recourse?

Are designs claimed to flow more and be better, really as such? If not, what is the recourse?

Are the materials of outsourced products said to be the best, really the best? If not, what is the recourse?

Really these things can open ones eyes to the value a vendor places on their customers, what lengths they are willing to go to deceive one in order to get your sale. There could be many other underlying truths to come with time, unfortunately as one can see in this particular case it takes YEARS to get resolved (if ever). This is a very clear case as to why vendors need to not cut corners and call spades a spade with what it is they are delivering, it may work for you for a bit but EVENTUALLY it will catch up to you. Realizing these things in advance as a vendor is what differentiates those who ultimately will be "fly by night" to those who will "last the test of time".

Rob

Last edited: