Mmp/PR Port injection

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I've often wondered who was going to be the first to pull in a MegaSquirt II via CANBus integration and have the MSII sequentially control the add-on PI system. CANBus integration would also allow the MSII to shut down the PI when the DME shuts down the DI removing one of the major problems with add-on PI systems on the N54.

The MSII is only $450...not much more than the AIC, but the capabilities are much more. The development work would add to the bottom line, but we are already paying roughly $4-450 for AIC control. What's the big deal in stepping up to an MSII and jumping to $6-650 for fully integrated sequential control with integrated fuel cut and safety systems via CANBus?

What would the MS pull from the canbus regarding single cylinder fuel cuts? And how long would that take for the signal to arrive? The CANBus can get busy

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
I've often wondered who was going to be the first to pull in a MegaSquirt II via CANBus integration and have the MSII sequentially control the add-on PI system. CANBus integration would also allow the MSII to shut down the PI when the DME shuts down the DI removing one of the major problems with add-on PI systems on the N54.

The MSII is only $450...not much more than the AIC, but the capabilities are much more. The development work would add to the bottom line, but we are already paying roughly $4-450 for AIC control. What's the big deal in stepping up to an MSII and jumping to $6-650 for fully integrated sequential control with integrated fuel cut and safety systems via CANBus?

This was exactly what I was looking at! Admittedly after I gave it some thought after my post above the other day lol

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
What would the MS pull from the canbus regarding single cylinder fuel cuts? And how long would that take for the signal to arrive? The CANBus can get busy

Pt-can is 500kbits.. It will show up pretty damn quick... I wouldn't think an added module would bog it down at all because there are various options from vehicle to vehicle and that dosnt affect it when you add or delete a module(the Pt-can stays fairly consistent in amount of modules though) Or so I wouldn't think it wouldn't affect performance of the bus that is..
The other good part is the Pt-can shares messages from dsc for wheel slip and what not which will affect fueling.. Bottom line is what we use as a whole is extremely subpar if you ask me.. Am I gonna use it.. Yup lol.. I think it's a huge reason why @Tony@VargasTurboTech is so true to his single and double barrel system.. Not trying to dick ride Tony at all but I'm seeing more and more method in his madness lately lol.
Everyone makes power with port inj so the thought of it being sub par and the lack of more advanced solutions keeps it in the spotlight lol
Once a sequential port controller solution is integrated you will hear everyone talk about the Aic6 like its a cancer to your vehicle! You will hear everyone say how bad it is for this or that lol.. We don't think like that when it's on out own cars lol

Reactions: Sshec152

Mikenazz

Lurker
Apr 28, 2017
Any1 tested for in boost leak from rail to engine block? Easy way to tell is if u smell some fuel after wot. You may also hear a whistle at wot.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Any1 tested for in boost leak from rail to engine block? Easy way to tell is if u smell some fuel after wot. You may also hear a whistle at wot.
Don't know it I follow what your saying hear bud? Engine block?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Pt-can is 500kbits.. It will show up pretty damn quick... I wouldn't think an added module would bog it down at all because there are various options from vehicle to vehicle and that dosnt affect it when you add or delete a module(the Pt-can stays fairly consistent in amount of modules though) Or so I wouldn't think it wouldn't affect performance of the bus that is..
The other good part is the Pt-can shares messages from dsc for wheel slip and what not which will affect fueling.. Bottom line is what we use as a whole is extremely subpar if you ask me.. Am I gonna use it.. Yup lol.. I think it's a huge reason why @Tony@VargasTurboTech is so true to his single and double barrel system.. Not trying to dick ride Tony at all but I'm seeing more and more method in his madness lately lol.
Everyone makes power with port inj so the thought of it being sub par and the lack of more advanced solutions keeps it in the spotlight lol
Once a sequential port controller solution is integrated you will hear everyone talk about the Aic6 like its a cancer to your vehicle! You will hear everyone say how bad it is for this or that lol.. We don't think like that when it's on out own cars lol

Don't worry, there is a fuel controller solution coming. No info to give but I'm waiting for it.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Don't worry, there is a fuel controller solution coming. No info to give but I'm waiting for it.
That might be the biggest dick post you have ever made lmaooooo
Out of 607,345 posts you have on here that is the worst one bahaha!

You better inbox me something or spill some kinda beans and or hold a gun to the suppliers head to post a teaser haha!

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
That might be the biggest dick post you have ever made lmaooooo
Out of 607,345 posts you have on here that is the worst one bahaha!

You better inbox me something or spill some kinda beans and or hold a gun to the suppliers head to post a teaser haha!

People don't tell me secrets because I tell everyone :)

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
So you are saying there are other benefits to telling you secrets? :kissingheart::kissingheart::kissingheart:

I've got a few secrets I can share :sunglasses:

Back off! I'm the one doing the secret seducing!

Wait till he sees my 3in back and I blow blow off his valve! His intake at temps are gonna start risen fo sho lmaooooo!

No homo btw ;)

• Funny
Reactions: doublespaces