Mmp1000 highest mileage cars?

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Once upon a time ... "ALL THE TORQUES" tune ... and windowed the block 3 weeks later :tearsofjoy:

• Funny
Reactions: veer90 and Torgus

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
LOL I didn't even get an apology after going thru the whole new motor install. Just an "oh well, it still can't be the turbos must be something else"

Yeah it seems like the superb warranty assistance "Mauricio is great after the turbos broke he went out of his way and paid for half of my labor" days have been long forgotten.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus and LifeDies

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Yeah it seems like the superb warranty assistance "Mauricio is great after the turbos broke he went out of his way and paid for half of my labor" days have been long forgotten.

Sadly I think a lot of people expected that in an ongoing manner, even though I wouldn't. I do think it was the right thing to do when he first released them and sirdaft's had the weld fail on the oil line. What I absolutely would not expect, is to get shit on, threatened, delayed, and forced to sign an NDA to get repairs.

I guess I should have seen it coming. When my turbos arrived, the clocking on one was off just ever so slightly that the oil feed bolt wouldn't go in. He said "it must have happened in shipping." He said I could pay to send it back for him to adjust it - pass. Let me tell you something - I had to buy some snap ring pliers just to be able to move that compressor housing an 1/8 of an inch.. It wouldn't budge regardless of how much I tried to adjust it - US would have had to drop it out of an airplane to get it to move. That shit was just plain not checked before it went out.

PLUS, the nut on the wastegate rod on the other wasn't tightened. I felt fortunate that he messaged me about it when he saw a picture I shared online, but now I see it was just because he didn't check anything before shipping it out.

Luckily, I did all my due diligence checking the wastegates before install (most people just slap them in and then wonder if its right when/if there is an issue). It's like degreeing a cam - yes you are gonna install it straight up, but don't you want to make sure it was ground properly before doing all that work?

Back to the MakeMePissed co - he ALSO shipped me stock side inlets instead of hot side inlets, and expected me to pay to ship them back. Ugh - sorry pal - that was your fuck up - send me a return label. He did, but it was obviously under protest. I tossed all those things up to the Group Buy and mistakes do happen, but his treatment of future customers REALLY demonstrated what a douche he is.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Sadly I think a lot of people expected that in an ongoing manner, even though I wouldn't. I do think it was the right thing to do when he first released them and sirdaft's had the weld fail on the oil line. What I absolutely would not expect, is to get shit on, threatened, delayed, and forced to sign an NDA to get repairs.

I guess I should have seen it coming. When my turbos arrived, the clocking on one was off just ever so slightly that the oil feed bolt wouldn't go in. He said "it must have happened in shipping." He said I could pay to send it back for him to adjust it - pass. Let me tell you something - I had to buy some snap ring pliers just to be able to move that compressor housing an 1/8 of an inch.. It wouldn't budge regardless of how much I tried to adjust it - US would have had to drop it out of an airplane to get it to move. That shit was just plain not checked before it went out.

PLUS, the nut on the wastegate rod on the other wasn't tightened. I felt fortunate that he messaged me about it when he saw a picture I shared online, but now I see it was just because he didn't check anything before shipping it out.

Luckily, I did all my due diligence checking the wastegates before install (most people just slap them in and then wonder if its right when/if there is an issue). It's like degreeing a cam - yes you are gonna install it straight up, but don't you want to make sure it was ground properly before doing all that work?

Back to the MakeMePissed co - he ALSO shipped me stock side inlets instead of hot side inlets, and expected me to pay to ship them back. Ugh - sorry pal - that was your fuck up - send me a return label. He did, but it was obviously under protest. I tossed all those things up to the Group Buy and mistakes do happen, but his treatment of future customers REALLY demonstrated what a douche he is.

Jesus. FWIW I would almost guarantee that NDA is not enforceable. I doubt it was even written up by a legal counsel. Not that I have read it but it sounds like he refused to honor his warranty and is forcing customers to sign a doc saying you can't disclose how shitty his product or company is. Now I doubt the average n54 owner is going to pay their own counsel to review said NDA, just not worth the hassle. Granted it should only cost a few hundred to have it reviewed and tell you if it is enforceable or not. Personally, I wouldn't worry about the legal aspects of his NDA. I can't imagine MMP is going to try any legal action because of a 'voided' NDA. The real issue is probably knowing you have ZERO warranty support and you now own 3.6k paper weights.

I am anal about QC but only because it is so important in manufacturing and easy to implement. On our production line at work, for example, anyone is allowed to shut down the ENTIRE production line if they believe there is a QC error. It can be an assembler's 1st day or it can be the damn janitor, we don't care. You don't let bad product out the door no matter what.

Not clocked correctly, loose fasteners, wrong products(inlets) shipped. Literally lying saying it moved in shipping. All screams he is still working out of his garage and has no real quality controls systems in place. Like this is manufacturing 101: Once you properly tq down a fastener you use a paint pen to show it was tq'd correctly. Then you have a VERY easy visual indicator to know it was done. The bonus is you can see if a shop or customer re tq'd or loosed etc. any of the fasteners you tq'd correctly at the factory, or in his case likely his garage.

example:
final33__59589.1464628479.386.513.jpg

It is very easy to see if a paint pen'd fastener was touched.

So this happens once and you ship a loose fastener. You immediately implement this simple QC step in your build documentation and you should never ship a loose fastener again. After every fastener is tq'd down paint it. Final QC step before shipment, are all 6(as an example) paint pen'd fasteners actually paint pen'd? You have a quick QC visual check and then mark it off on your QC check list before shipping. Is the hardware bag in the box? If yes, check off QC check box. Can't tape box before QC check list boxes are all checked off. Literally your last check box is did I tape the box and affix packing slip?

As for shipping the wrong part, again, an easy QC step you can implement to make sure it can literally never happen again. Barcodes. It also makes it look like you have your shit together.

Implementing QC is very simple and usually inexpensive and adds a very small amount of time. It would save MMP and many vendors a lot of headaches on the CS side of the business having field calls and emails etc.

Last edited:

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
An NDA is absolutely going to do nothing, aside maybe ensure 100% you are going to get taken care of on the broken parts prior to repair. But an NDA is not going to be necessary, just a poor review alone would be enough one would think. Those who pay close attention to the forums, may find that one vendor in particular, is VERY good about getting customers to delete threads and take cases to email in order to get resolves. So there are a couple ways to keep the online world oblivious, yet personally I've never used a single one of these tactics in any scenario for 15+ years of dealing with turbos online.

Thing is that it seems most consumers don't want to risk incurring even more $$$ down the drain and will do whatever they can to get a free repair, whether it is taking down threads or by giving into NDA's... most knowing damn good and well they are simply going to immediately discard the parts thereafter. The question comes down to at this point, what would the vendor do if you wanted the repairs without the NDA? Decline you services? LOL that would go over well online, but no one seems to want the online drama anymore... this wasn't the case years ago.

How we've operated in this business over the years (was much more often many years back), if and when things go wrong, you of course do your best to resolve in accordance to your warranty. And if the customer starts saying "That is not good enough I'll bash you on the internet if you don't do x, y, and z" (yes this does often happen as some sort of blackmail), then you should simply honor your side of things as your warranty states and then let them go as they wish.

Ultimately I feel much more honor in being blasted online for holding up our end of warrantable considerations than trying to hand out hush agreements in the process, with the understanding that not every customer is always going to be a happy one (forever)... especially in the automotive performance parts industry.

Rob

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: fmorelli and Torgus