Motor Mounts of Choice Today

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Glad to see people are having success with the Revshift mounts so far. They had just been announced when I was about to swap my engine mounts so I passed at the time due to some horror stories I'd heard about poly mounts on the N54 and my knowledge of how well the 034 ones worked, but it's nice knowing theres another solid option.

These seem to fly under the radar a lot, probably because BFI isn't very bit in the BMW market, but I was actually considering these at one point. They're one of the few I have never heard any complaints about, appear to have enough shielding to prevent damage on the hot side, and I know some other local Chicago people have ran them for a few years with no issues. For now I'll stick with my OEM mounts since they have <10k on them still, but I'll be interested in how all of these play out long term.

The BFI ones look really nice, and ECS has the stage 2 discounted for $146 each. If I hadn't already bought the 034s, I would be snagging these. I'm not much of fan of poly compared to rubber mounts, but I'd probably live with these.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Huh? Maybe I zeroed on this and lost context, but I was under the general impression that they, well, don't work and are shoddy as hell.

I figured it was from VTT's post about them, and the fact that a lot of people bought them right around the same time, and honestly, who would have thought a "stock type" mount would perform worse than stock? I know I didn't. I bought them, and I haven't dropped mine to see if they are good still so I'm hopeful.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
I got few k on mine I'll see how they are when I install my hydra turbos
034 or RevShift? I'm very interested in how the RS are looking, especially for any that see regular street duty. My car is no longer my DD and is slowly being geared more and more for the strip but I do plan on driving it in the nice months, so you guys are all making me second guess my decision months later lol. If I didn't have so many things lined up in my plan I'd probably be ordering some damn engine mounts again :tearsofjoy:

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Can someone explain what is happening with the 034 mounts? The thing I see typically is the rubber piece on the bottom that rests in the subframe breaks off. What impact does this have on the mount? My first thought would be that it would let the entire mount sag since only rubber would be inside the mount holding the engine up. If it sags, I would think it would also pull up when the motor torques. But the pics doublepsaces posted of the machined cap that someone made looks like it would only prevent it from falling, and not rising. Is the bottom cap even necessary? Most aftermarket mounts don't even use that recessed rubber piece, so I must be missing how the stock style mount works.

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
The rubber inside breaks free from the housing. The engine can't rise past the normal position, but it moves a lot since the rubber can move up and down.
As a temporary measure i bashed the housing around the rubber to hold it in place.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
034 or RevShift? I'm very interested in how the RS are looking, especially for any that see regular street duty. My car is no longer my DD and is slowly being geared more and more for the strip but I do plan on driving it in the nice months, so you guys are all making me second guess my decision months later lol. If I didn't have so many things lined up in my plan I'd probably be ordering some damn engine mounts again :tearsofjoy:
034 I bought before all the horror stories worst part Is an extra hundred could have got me is mounts back then. I feel like it is such a simple prob that should be easily fixed either epoxy or drilling holes with a relief for a bolt head and locking in place with with a nut and bolt.