Ad: Move Over VBOX, Dragy is here!

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
http://www.burgertuning.com/gps_performance_meter.html

We've been involved in the testing of a nifty new product called Dragy. It's a small high speed GPS device that interfaces with your phone or mobile device via BlueTooth and allows you to accurately compute performance metrics like 0-60, 1/4 mile & trap speed, 60-130mph, 100-200kmh, etc. The resulting run files compute and validate slope, and spit out in a little graphic ready to analyze, share, etc.

You charge it using a mini-USB port, with the charge lasting a few days (it only wakes up when connected to app), and then throw it on the dash and open the app when you want to start recording runs. It's magnetic so there are slicker mounting options available, but I haven't found them necessary on our test cars. I just throw it up in the corner of the windshield.

We tested them at the latest Shift Sector and No Fly Zone 1/2 mile events and were very pleased with the accuracy and flexibility of the system. A few screen shots from my testing below.

There are a few thousand in use in Asia with great success and we're helping introduce it to the English speaking market. The free Dragy app will be posted to the play store and apple store within a few days. If you happen to get the device before the app is posted just email us and we can send a link for it.

Anyway much more info to follow, including their app based tuner leader board and other slick features, but I know you guys are going to love this thing.
burnrubber.gif

Wanted to make a comparison video but right now its Dragy 1, VBOX 0
lol.gif

dragy_performance_meter_gps_burger_motorsports_jb4_dragy_tuner_godragy.jpg

dragy_performance_meter_gps_burger_motorsports_jb4_dragy_tuner_godragy_video.jpg

dragy_performance_meter_video_gps_burger_motorsports_jb4_dragy_tuner_godragy_meter.jpg

Attached Images
attachment.png
attachment.png
attachment.png
attachment.png
attachment.jpg

Reactions: Shane303

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Interesting, so if I'm understanding correctly, this thing requires an internet connection from your smartphone in order for the A-GPS to function and the data can also be used similar to racerender for screen/gauge overlays? Seems pretty neat. And this is useful for any car, right?

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
How do I get it
Interesting, so if I'm understanding correctly, this thing requires an internet connection from your smartphone in order for the A-GPS to function and the data can also be used similar to racerender for screen/gauge overlays? Seems pretty neat. And this is useful for any car, right?

I haven't tried it without internet yet as I always use my phone with it, but I think it still works, just takes a few seconds longer to find a satellite. I'll put the phone in airplane mode when time permits and report back!

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Can you do a video with the gauge overlays? This looks like a fun toy. Might be one of those items that goes on my Christmas list for the wife to buy me.

Reactions: Bmwfixerguy1

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
Nice little box, reminds me of my Garmin GLO. 10Hz bluetooth gps and doesn't requier a-gps data to get a lock. Its doing the trick very well, and i like the fact that i can use for navigation when i need it. Waze is amazing with a 10hz gps.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Can you do a video with the gauge overlays? This looks like a fun toy. Might be one of those items that goes on my Christmas list for the wife to buy me.

We'll get one going soon. Video overlay isn't enabled in the android app yet, but will be shortly. The IOS app has some pretty cool video and virtual race features in it you guys are going to love.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
We'll get one going soon. Video overlay isn't enabled in the android app yet, but will be shortly. The IOS app has some pretty cool video and virtual race features in it you guys are going to love.

So if I'm understanding this correct, I can have this and jb4 mobile on the same screen right? In a blended type landscape?

This is really really awesome! Mark my words this becomes a new forum standard for measurements..

"Post dragy or we can't help you" lol

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
If you are familiar with Waylens, or not, check out some of their features. That would make this a fantastic value. Can I confirm this requires only an OBD2 port as far as vehicle compatibility is concerned?

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
If you are familiar with Waylens, or not, check out some of their features. That would make this a fantastic value. Can I confirm this requires only an OBD2 port as far as vehicle compatibility is concerned?

No, Dragy has nothing to do with your OBDII port.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
So if I'm understanding this correct, I can have this and jb4 mobile on the same screen right? In a blended type landscape?

This is really really awesome! Mark my words this becomes a new forum standard for measurements..

"Post dragy or we can't help you" lol

Yes you can run JB4 Mobile and Dragy simultaneously. I believe currently Dragy has to be in the back ground and JB4 Mobile in the foreground, for both to work. But we're going to change JB4 Mobile so it also logs in the background.

I've never run two apps on the same screen so give it a whirl and let me know how it works.

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
My Google Pixel and I believe some of the Galaxy Notes will run two apps split screen simultaneously. Certain apps don't support it though. Without connecting or actually trying it, it seems like it might work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171118-210927.png
    Screenshot_20171118-210927.png
    399.2 KB · Views: 272

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Since there is nothing to tie it to the car, there's no HP measurement capability, similar to ye olde G-techs of youre I presume? How do these type of devices (I've never used a VBOX) compare to drag strip results, particularly trap speed? I know the G-tech was optimistic as it was giving 1/4 speed AT the 1/4, rather than an average of the last 100 ft. like a drag strip. Can dragy 'compensate' or correct for slope? I forget the allowable slope in an NHRA track, but I think it' more than most would think is allowed.