My DCT conversion to M3 GWS/FLASH

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
335i N54 Predator 3.2L stroker
Thx @LMB335is

Question: so the car runs no codes all seem good.
But on N or on gear it goes to P is that normal. Is there a way to keep it N. Mine goes to P open or close doors. Shutting engine on N or in D OR 1 no diff. Help

Attachments

• 20200404_091350.jpg
    20200404_091350.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 76

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
335i N54 Predator 3.2L stroker
4) Car warmed up, DSC off, drivelogic on 6, manual mode, hold gearshift forward, flag should pop up, floor the pedal, now use the cruise control stalk either up and down or back and forth (I forget) to adjust in 100 rpm
Does not work for me 🥺
Ideas on troubleshoot?

Also i can t stay in N after i shutdown. Any ideas?

Mr Rage

Lurker
Feb 12, 2020
Crewe
Ride
2009 E92 335i M-DCT IKM0S 2.81
I have lost track ... do you have comfort access? You will need to have the key in the slot.
I think i got my solution. Thx to @AJL .. so here is the problem on comfort access when shutting down the engine no matter if on gear or if N.. the gws goes to P.
Reason: N should be the only position when u shutdown the engine it should stay in N except on without having the key in the ignition. That s why it goes into P.

Solution: insert key into ignition hole then if u have the gws in N before turning off the gws will stay in N not going to P unless u remove the key and or open the door then goes to P again.
that s what i need to go and do the step 4-5 in the relearning procedure. See attachment

@Begood69 @AJL found a solution

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Yes. I have comfort access. And yes. I read i needed to have the key in the slot in order to have the car stay in N when shutting off. When i found that out, i was able to successfully complete the full relearning of the dct.

How is neutral when off related to the DCT learning procedure?

Sucukman

Private
Jan 20, 2020
Ride
BMW 335is
if one wants to do this conversion ..I am selling my M3 parts because of vehicle sales

M3 3.15 LSD
M3 Axials
M3 GWS
M3 LSZ
M3 Odometer
M3 DSC
M3 Driveshaft adapted for DKG or automatic E92
M3 Center Cosole E9x
M3 DSC Center button
M3 Power EDC SPORT button
all necessary plugs

Parts located in EU. PM If intrested

Reactions: aus335iguy

FPK

Nov 9, 2022
Arad, Romania
Ride
E93 335i N54 DCT
I know it's been a long time since someone wrote on this topic but i want to make this retrofit on my 335i N54 DCT. The problem is that i just only want to change the Shift Knob and the GWS. So i have some questions.

1. After installing the GWS and the Shift Knob (and making the repin), the gearshift will automatically start in N?
2. Is there any possible way to code the gear to start in N ?
3. Will there appear any unlock selecting gear error since there's no unlock button on the shift knob?

I have XHP FlashTool, in my mind i wanted to install only the shift knob, but the main center console to remain the original one, not the M3's. That's why i don't want to install the M3 Software on it.

Lofuel

Feb 18, 2018
Philly
Ride
2011 335is

you need the m3 tcu software since the shifter is totally different how it works, the 335is flash just won’t know how to deal with the m3 shifter. Now when most of these swaps were done and written it was pre XHP.

I’m pretty sure when you flash XHP it’s a modified version of the m3 Gts bin. So it might actually work just to swap the GWS , imo you are just going to have to try it and enable , with coding , the m sport on kombi (cluster). Car always starts in N with the m3 flash, there is no park button on m3 gws. You need to use ebrake when running in N or when car is turned off the parking lock engages.

335is bezel around the m3 shifter won’t work without modifying. Bill gee might jump in on convo he’s done a lot more swaps than anyone probably and will know a lot more definitive answers on what could work now.

know it's been a long time since someone wrote on this topic but i want to make this retrofit on my 335i N54 DCT. The problem is that i just only want to change the Shift Knob and the GWS. So i have some questions.

1. After installing the GWS and the Shift Knob (and making the repin), the gearshift will automatically start in N?
2. Is there any possible way to code the gear to start in N ?
3. Will there appear any unlock selecting gear error since there's no unlock button on the shift knob?

I have XHP FlashTool, in my mind i wanted to install only the shift knob, but the main center console to remain the original one, not the M3's. That's why i don't want to install the M3 Software on it.

Reactions: LMB335is

LMB335is

Sergeant
Apr 12, 2017
FOB FL
Ride
13 335is
As I explained on E90 post,

1. Installing a M3 GWS on a DCT with non M software will have a software mismatch between the GWS and DCT and resulting errors. It's not something you can just code out. A properly done conversion starts in P.

2. No

3. Yes there will be errors, lots of them.

The xHP software is designed for the non M GWS. They don't support M3 DCT software or the GWS. A look at the supported vehicles on their website will comfirm this.

Reactions: aus335iguy

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
@Olza can probably help you with 335i software converted to work with M3 GWS.

When xHP came out, they said no to allowing the M3 GWS, so I went to Ozla to help me with a custom TCU tune so I could have different Axel ratio and use the M3 GWS. We made shift mode 6 very usable in drive mode for track use. Lol

tuff.N54

Apr 29, 2022
@Olza can probably help you with 335i software converted to work with M3 GWS.

When xHP came out, they said no to allowing the M3 GWS, so I went to Ozla to help me with a custom TCU tune so I could have different Axel ratio and use the M3 GWS. We made shift mode 6 very usable in drive mode for track use. Lol
Do you know if Olza’s custom tune increases the line pressures? Or only axle ratio adjustments?