Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
A bit fishy if you ask me ;)

If the product needs to be wrapped, have heat shields made etc. It should come from the manufacturer that way. Period.

Why would some outlet installs @Kennjp need shields and others not?

FWIW using silicone there in the 1st place is bad news. I don't see why anyone would buy anything but the PSP aluminum outlet. Best outlet on the market and outlets are small money at the end of the day. No reason to not get the best.

We have sold the silicone outlets for nearly 2 years now and probably have sold approaching 200 sets in total. Thus far we have only had 3 reported issues, 2 of which confirmed did not use our heat shield and one who said they did and still had an issue.

All said we are quite content with this but we expect it is just a matter of time before they meet their demise simply from enough time and heat cycles, and thus would support aluminum as the most ideal outlet solution.

We still sell our outlets of course but we do not work real hard at it, in fact we never even had them added to the website so they sell primarily by word of mouth and that is it lol. One thing is for sure if we had the issues we see/hear as other vendors do we would've pulled the plug on them forever ago, but as of this moment our offering still seem to be a solid solution overall.

Rob

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
All im gonna say is 3 Post's ever and 2 are defending mmp saying how they are the best and you install all their products. Also before this last login was jan 13th ?

A bit fishy if you ask me ;)

If the product needs to be wrapped, have heat shields made etc. It should come from the manufacturer that way. Period.

Why would some outlet installs @Kennjp need shields and others not?

FWIW using silicone there in the 1st place is bad news. I don't see why anyone would buy anything but the PSP aluminum outlet. Best outlet on the market and outlets are small money at the end of the day. No reason to not get the best.

*removed estimated geolocation although its highly inaccurate*

One of these is @Eugene@MMP and one of these is @Kennejp. Also notice that one IP is static, they almost always do this for business internet. Folks, this is how you get burned permanently from a board. I don't expect to see this happen ever again, I've already warned someone else about this.

I need some answers.

• Informative
Reactions: fredcase and Torgus

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
This is why I love this forum cause the owner lets people have plenty freedom but sits in background watching and steps in when nec. Also you can post and hit back button and the sites smart enough to not bring you back to your post being written.

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Having duplicate accounts is a serious matter as that is a violation of our vendor rules. I will investigate any such reports. If that is not the case then I need some clarification.

• Agree
Reactions: Rob09msport

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
View attachment 14281View attachment 14282

One of these is @Eugene@MMP and one of these is @Kennejp. Also notice that one IP is static, they almost always do this for business internet. Folks, this is how you get burned permanently from a board. I don't expect to see this happen ever again, I've already warned someone else about this.

I need some answers.

Am I missing that the IPs are the same or that they are in teh same town? KenneJP is Patrick Kennedy, and he has a performance shop in Tennesse. He's posted results from his car, I think it made 690 whp or something.

Eugene lives in TN but works with MMP, which is out of TX.

What am I missing on the concern?

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
@Kennejp has posted extensively on the Internet - N54Tech, Instagram, et al. There is about a 0.0001% chance these are duplicate accounts. Nothing to substantiate that whatsoever.

As for @Eugene@MMP I'm still waiting for his response to my post.

Filippo

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Am I missing that the IPs are the same or that they are in teh same town? KenneJP is Patrick Kennedy, and he has a performance shop in Tennesse. He's posted results from his car, I think it made 690 whp or something.

Eugene lives in TN but works with MMP, which is out of TX.

What am I missing on the concern?

I don't know who kennejp or Patrick Kennedy is, hence my request for explanation.

Proximity wise, these two people are very close to each other, use the same ISP. If these reviews were coming from someone across the country or hell, if they were separated by more than 8 miles, then I might not be suspicious of the activity here.

Having duplicate accounts is something I take very seriously. Having someone else post on behalf of a vendor is also a violation of the rules. If you think that KenneJP wasn't sent here intentionally to make this post, then I've got something to sell you...

While this wouldn't necessarily be a violation, it would be pushing right up against that line considering I drive farther to work than this. Don't say they need to have the same IP or live in the same town so you can assume ignorance. If someone believed that a different IP is proof they are different people, then the concept of how the internet works escapes them and are not in a position to give opinions on this matter. When you're in my position, you look for reasons to be suspicious, you are doing the opposite because you're an MMP lover, we all know that and it shows. I'm busy trying to do my job regardless of who it is. (Eight miles is enough to be suspicious with the given circumstances, unless you are an idiot). Static IP = Work. Dynamic IP = Home/Mobile. This stands true in most cases, including Comcast.

upload_2018-8-4_18-17-28.png

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
It's not like he outright banned them, just said he's suspicious and asks for an explanation.

Wearing all black walking down the street at 2:30 in the morning isn't illegal. But it's suspicious enough that the cops can stop you, ID you, and ask for an explanation.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
This is correct. Absolutely no action has been taken, I've simply asked for explanation. Now I am defending my reasoning to ask for explanation. Having a duplicate account will end a vendors existence here, still a true statement. Does someone care to disagree with that notion? We can discuss that if you'd like, as it's the original point.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
An explanation of what? Two real people (which was clear by the PM I sent first thing this morning) posted their opinions. What explanation are you asking for? They were both inept posts, and they speak to their respective ignorance and poor ass-umptions, but that's just my opinion. One is aloud (pun intended) to be a fool in public. :smiley:

Having a duplicate account will end a vendors existence here, still a true statement. Does someone care to disagree with that notion? We can discuss that if you'd like, as it's the original point.
^^^ this is your last statement. The following was your original post:

I need some answers.
As I read it, your "original point" was that these two were highly suspicious of being the same ID, and that this is how people get banned. I'm pretty sure that assertion - and that, "you need some answers" - was shown to be wrong at 7am this morning. To my use of the word assertion, "I don't expect to see this happen ever again" makes it undoubtedly an assertion. So I'm confused. You're now shifting to a philosophical conversation on people generally having duplicate accounts? When did this become a general conversation? This was a dead discussion at 7am, IMO. A general philosophical discussion seems to be the potential for a separate thread on the subject, though for the life of me I can't see anyone disagreeing with the obvious - a duplicate ID discussion will be a 1 post deep thread.

This is my last post on this thread. It's run to ground. Hope no one else's outlet's blow out.

Filippo

• Agree
Reactions: langsbr

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The reason we continue to have this discussion is because:

1) People apparently think my concern was baseless when I expressed it, and I'm having to explain myself.

2) see #1

@langsbr questioned my thought process, I explained my position. You are continuing to question my intentions, I'm once again explaning myself.
Is there anyone else who cares to question why this thread goes on while simultaneously perpetuating it?

I do not care the purpose of this thread, an issue has arisen from a report and I'm investigating it. I've tagged both parties who have yet to reply, I do not need interrogated, although I've been happy to oblige anyway.

• Agree

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Wearing all black walking down the street at 2:30 in the morning isn't illegal. But it's suspicious enough that the cops can stop you, ID you, and ask for an explanation.

Or rather, having a "concerned citizen" make a report about said person walking down the street at night, which is akin to what happened here.

I'm just glad I live in a city where there aren't any other enthusiasts.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Or rather, having a "concerned citizen" make a report about said person walking down the street at night, which is akin to what happened here.

I'm just glad I live in a city where there aren't any other enthusiasts.

I've responded to two separate reports of a duplicate account prior to and completely unrelated to this one and handled those privately.

This time it has been done publicly to try and prevent claiming ignorance, a sort of pre-emptive PSA if you will. There doesn't appear to be a violation of the rule here, but the circumstances surrounding this coincidence has an impact on how the comments should be received. When those circumstances have a misleading impact, we want to prevent that. This is why the rule exists in the first place, regardless if a rule was violated technically or not. This sort of behavior, the patterns and frequency of suspicious incidents, they are things I have to take into consideration when reviewing the activity of the community, particularly the vendors.

Lets say a person were browsing a knock-off chinese product and there is one 5 star review that says, "Very good. You like. Best product." and also ten 1 star reviews claiming the product is shit. If that person doesn't think something odd is going on with that single 5 star review, then that person is either much smarter or much dumber than I am.

There is not a layer of bureaucracy here, allowing loop holes to be used to get one's desired result. We are small enough and are setup in a manner from a monetization perspective, that I can address these issues head on and not feel bad about it.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.