N54 6266docrace 94+meth fuel trims variance

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
Hey guys, haven't really pushed the car in a while and when I did today I got this safety.
Any idea whats going on here?

Only thing I can think of is that it's really hot and humid. Gas has been in the tank maybe 3 weeks.

Thanks for your help.

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
Its getting worse. Either a cyl 6 misfire or fuel trim variance safety. Now does it at 20psi aswell. I changed the spark plugs and no difference.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
For the misfire swap a coilpack and see if it follows.

Fuel trim issues I am guessing it could be because of unequal meth distribution into the cylinders or bad injector(s). Or the 02s are starting to go?

Reactions: twinturbos

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
For the misfire swap a coilpack and see if it follows.

Fuel trim issues I am guessing it could be because of unequal meth distribution into the cylinders or bad injector(s). Or the 02s are starting to go?
Injectors have less than 10k miles on them all installed new last year. Unequal meth distribution makes sense but at the same time.. why now? I have been running the setup as is for about a year with no issues. O2s might be starting to go considering it's the DOCRACE kit which is known to eat em alive however less than 8k miles on em.

I get Fuel trims safety maybe 10 times before I get a misfire in cyl 6 so it has been hard to diagnose it. It's on the R8 coilpacks also fairly new.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Injectors have less than 10k miles on them all installed new last year. Unequal meth distribution makes sense but at the same time.. why now? I have been running the setup as is for about a year with no issues. O2s might be starting to go considering it's the DOCRACE kit which is known to eat em alive however less than 8k miles on em.

I get Fuel trims safety maybe 10 times before I get a misfire in cyl 6 so it has been hard to diagnose it. It's on the R8 coilpacks also fairly new.

Well shit ;)

Are the 02s stock?

Did you mod the r8 coilpacks and remove the metal tube so it sits correctly?

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
Well shit ;)

Are the 02s stock?

Did you mod the r8 coilpacks and remove the metal tube so it sits correctly?
Bosch o2 sensors.
Yes I did remove the metal tube.
I don't know what to try at this point and I'd reslly like to get back to full boost :(

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Bosch o2 sensors.
Yes I did remove the metal tube.
I don't know what to try at this point and I'd reslly like to get back to full boost :(

My understanding is the stock Bosch 02s can't handle a pre turbo environment and the ntks or advs fair better. Might start there...

Have you swapped a coil pack or re gapped the spark plug to try and get rid of the cyl 6 misfire? Might be worth a shot. I am far from the best at troubleshooting hopefully others have an idea.

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
Update: changed the o2 sensors. Same issue. Figured I'd try shutting off the WMI. To see if its better. It's actually worse.

Injectors? After not even 10k miles? Fuck sakes.

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
Problem seems to be solved for now. M18 valve cover was pushing on the injectors and it wasnt sealing properly anymore. Put new seals in and im back to full boost. Guess ill have to sand it down a bit during winter to make sure its fine next year.