n54 bedplate question (oil leaking from bolt)

steve335i

Lurker
Aug 16, 2018
Connecticut
Ride
E90 335i - DocRace 6266
What's up everybody. I just finished my engine build , and the only issue I am having is a little bit of oil seeping out of 2 bedplate bolts. to be specific , the front passenger side corner of the block. I have been advised to use a crush washer and put the bolt back in. It isnt a lot of oil but when I pulled the bolt it was covered lightly, and dripped a few times.

anyone else have any ideas to remedy this other than tearing down the motor and re injecting bedplate sealant..?

thanks in advance.

veiss335

Lurker
Apr 24, 2023
What did you do?
I have a new motor from ghassahn and I suspect the same issue a few bolts back.

veiss335

Lurker
Apr 24, 2023
20230627_192148.jpg

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
@veiss335 Have you contacted @GhassanAutomotive ? What did they say?

I would talk to the vendor you bought the parts from before asking the internet for advice...they should advise you.

I say that because in this age vendors hate if you make it public on social media before they have a chance to rectify the issue.

Also, @GhassanAutomotive has a less than stellar reputation. A quick search on this forum would show you that. Many isssues on 'built' engines across many platforms.

Go will Billiam for all your bmw engine building needs. Thank me later.

Best of luck, please be transparent for the rest of the community and let us know what happens.

veiss335

Lurker
Apr 24, 2023
It may be the cam sensors leaking.
There was a lot of oil around them as well.
I replaced the orings and cleaned everything up and going to drive it a few days to see if it comes back.
Sorry @GhassanAutomotive for any false or pre mature accusations. So far the engine has been great! I've put about 3k miles on it running motiv reflex plus and a flex tune by wedge. The car runs great.
I just wanted to know if there was a way to fix the leak if it was the bed plate.
Hopefully i have it sorted with new orings at cam sensors.