Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
I just posted pics of my own hub fix solution in post #103 of my build thread if anybody is interested.

I was waiting for someone to do that. This is honestly such a simple issue that all supercharged LS engine have faced and it's been fixed for like 20 years now. But leave it to the N54 community to come up with all these complicated ways to keep the crank pulley from slipping...lol

• Agree
Reactions: Hydra Performance

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
I was waiting for someone to do that. This is honestly such a simple issue that all supercharged LS engine have faced and it's been fixed for like 20 years now. But leave it to the N54 community to come up with all these complicated ways to keep the crank pulley from slipping...lol

Not the same issue afaik. They're pinning crank pulley to hub since the pulley slips with a big supercharger putting extra load on it. Pulley slipping doesn't make the engine go out of time

Similar principle yes but not the exact same issue. We are trying to pin hub and timing gears to crank nose inside the motor.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
Stumbled on this the other day... looks like another option to come and some more info on some others.

Of particular interest is the question some of us had asked regarding the spline lock. "Just how far do the splines etch into the crank face?"

Answer per article: "The splines that are machined into the top of the hub are designed to cut into the crank to help keep it secure. These splines don’t even put a mark on the crank face and the teeth disintegrate."

This would be a LARGE bummer for anyone who'd purchased this part, as it would mean that it literally does nothing (and this is disregarding the couple other claimed issues with the part). Additionally if correct how would have the vendor provided the attached picture below that demonstrates such a nice etch from the splined hub?

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_6752.JPG
    IMG_6752.JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 152
Last edited: