N54 Full Build with Specs and Parts list

sneaks32

Dec 2, 2020
So far so good. On 93 oct made 731/641. Tuning on e85 now. Just being busy and did not have much time. But is nasty on 23 psi fells stronger that 31psi on 93oct. I can t log on 3rd gear anymore. And 4th gear is just hard to do good logs without spinning
nice build good numbers I'm, getting ready to rip my e93 apart running 6466precision might even go to a bigger one 6870 only cause of my build. cams lifters valves springs and going 84.5 mil or 85. not stroking it cause car makes a lot of torque as is. what axles did you go with? and what lsd? im also thinking of going 11.1.1 compression not sure depending on what's best. and im also running a e85 mix maybe 70/30 ethanol I hope the 6466 is enough turbo I might make to much power the way im. thinking of building.

Nick380

Private
Nov 4, 2016
CA
So I'm reviving an old ass thread, but I commented about 5 years ago saying I was rebuilding mine, and well I picked up a dirt cheap chassis (no engine, no trans, but clean title dash showed 122k when powered), and an engine my buddy had lying around for years as he gave up on BMWs (too much stress for him, not sure?). Anyways. Love what you did man, plan on just going solo at it with machining and head rebuild done by a local shop. Closed deck something to take into consideration? Are the cylinder walls prone to giving out at high powers. I'll try to do the same as you and take as many notes as I can. Engine is out of a later year it's a 6 bolt motor with apparently 33k miles.
IMG_2313.jpeg

Reactions: wheela and Begood69

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
So I'm reviving an old ass thread, but I commented about 5 years ago saying I was rebuilding mine, and well I picked up a dirt cheap chassis (no engine, no trans, but clean title dash showed 122k when powered), and an engine my buddy had lying around for years as he gave up on BMWs (too much stress for him, not sure?). Anyways. Love what you did man, plan on just going solo at it with machining and head rebuild done by a local shop. Closed deck something to take into consideration? Are the cylinder walls prone to giving out at high powers. I'll try to do the same as you and take as many notes as I can. Engine is out of a later year it's a 6 bolt motor with apparently 33k miles. View attachment 70692
Welcome back!

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
335i N54 Predator 3.2L stroker
So I'm reviving an old ass thread, but I commented about 5 years ago saying I was rebuilding mine, and well I picked up a dirt cheap chassis (no engine, no trans, but clean title dash showed 122k when powered), and an engine my buddy had lying around for years as he gave up on BMWs (too much stress for him, not sure?). Anyways. Love what you did man, plan on just going solo at it with machining and head rebuild done by a local shop. Closed deck something to take into consideration? Are the cylinder walls prone to giving out at high powers. I'll try to do the same as you and take as many notes as I can. Engine is out of a later year it's a 6 bolt motor with apparently 33k miles. View attachment 70692
Welcome back.. i will b back to mine in oct to finally make that 1200-1300whp.. and then move on into my 2023 G80 M3 xdrive comp that i picking up mid jul here in Stuttgart. Cant wait.

Nick380

Private
Nov 4, 2016
CA
Welcome back!
Thank you, I know it's been a hot minute, but I'm back in the ol' N54 saddle and ready to go all out hahaha. I'll have to say a prayer to my wallet and hope it survives the journey 🙏😂

Welcome back.. i will b back to mine in oct to finally make that 1200-1300whp.. and then move on into my 2023 G80 M3 xdrive comp that i picking up mid jul here in Stuttgart. Cant wait.

Thank you! :) Oh man, I can't wait to see that in action! How's the car doing after all this time?

Those G80's are absolute monsters!! S58 is a magical engine paired with that 8 speed. Definitely got my eyes on that as well, either that or an F90 M5, because I do miss my V8TT... mid july is around the corner and in Stuttgart too, wunderbar! Miss the European delivery option here in the states :( German speaker by chance? If that's the case, Herzlichen Glückwunsch und schön Spaß mit der Rakete 🚀👍.

Last edited:

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
335i N54 Predator 3.2L stroker
Thank you, I know it's been a hot minute, but I'm back in the ol' N54 saddle and ready to go all out hahaha. I'll have to say a prayer to my wallet and hope it survives the journey 🙏😂

Thank you! :) Oh man, I can't wait to see that in action! How's the car doing after all this time?

Those G80's are absolute monsters!! S58 is a magical engine paired with that 8 speed. Definitely got my eyes on that as well, either that or an F90 M5, because I do miss my V8TT... mid july is around the corner and in Stuttgart too, wunderbar! Miss the European delivery option here in the states :( German speaker by chance? If that's the case, Herzlichen Glückwunsch und schön Spaß mit der Rakete 🚀👍.
Danke. Ich genieße es bisher, es ist ein Monster, du hast Recht.

No german here. Hahaah

Reactions: Nick380