36983017_10214594033238085_8280472843884429312_n.jpg

Reactions: BreakMyBillfold

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
We just saw this, it looks like there are all sorts of rumors getting spread around. Please Please Please contact us with any issues, do not trust internet rumors or anyone other than the company that designs the product. There was a batch that went out with an OD of 1mm thicker than tolerance and in 2 seconds can be fixed to go on the car. We will even send replacements out that is not an issue. No one should ever cut the plug wires down to be shorter it removes insulation.

Keep in mind there are close to 5,000 coils now on the market on different cars around the world. Do we ever have any quality issues absolutely but they are few and far between. When there is an issue we will take care of every last one of them without hesitation.

Since we developed the ignition kit there were 2 complaints,

One was that it was difficult to depin and heat shrink. We refused to do 3d printed components as it would not be up to our quality standards. But we did listen and designed a mold and connector built to OEM specs to resolve this issue.

The other has been with difficulty installing and removing spark plug wires, they work there is no doubt about that but there was room for improvement. Once again we have listened designed molds and are working quickly to go into production with new spark plug boots to resolve the problems. We hope to have production in hand within the next 30 days.

All we are asking for is to reach out to us and allow us to help if you want to post stuff bad that's fine not trying to hide from anything if we made a mistake we made it. But at least work with us to make sure there is a mistake and let us get your product right. The one thing we care about at the end of it all is making sure you get a product that is absolutely the best it can be in every way.

I wouldn't worry too much man. Most of us realize you guys have the best option out for us, and that aftermarket parts will unfortunately never fit quite like OE. Your customer service has been nothing but excellent from what I've seen, and even though I don't yet have your coil kit even my questions and emails have been answered quickly and professionally.

Unfortunately with the price and age of the N54 we're now seeing a bunch of people buying them and not doing proper research on anything, and then complaining when it's not as easy as throwing an intake on their old Focus. At least the forums are filtered from that a bit, the FB groups are full of frustrating people complaining and asking questions that have been answered 30 times six years ago.

Reactions: ksalih99

335is02

Corporal
Mar 10, 2018
Ride
2012 BMW 335is
Just received answer from PRW about replacement harness thank you guys. I still prefer these over BL coils there have been issues known to occur but things do happed like was said earlier and prefer them way over having to cut all my coils that’s why I went this route and ordered two kits for both my cars believe personally much better product. I understand it was a mistake just wanted clarification before said anything figured someone on here might have experience in this instal and could offer advice that’s what the forum is for. Greatly Appreciate the help from the people that ACTUALLY have experience with this product nice to have help from people using these products not just those that have Input with no real experience. But FB will just post that’s what they do. John also helped thank you again an PRW for helping sort this out.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: John@DBV2

onefast2gdsm

Lurker
May 28, 2018
Ride
07 335i
I wouldn't worry too much man. Most of us realize you guys have the best option out for us, and that aftermarket parts will unfortunately never fit quite like OE. Your customer service has been nothing but excellent from what I've seen, and even though I don't yet have your coil kit even my questions and emails have been answered quickly and professionally.

Unfortunately with the price and age of the N54 we're now seeing a bunch of people buying them and not doing proper research on anything, and then complaining when it's not as easy as throwing an intake on their old Focus. At least the forums are filtered from that a bit, the FB groups are full of frustrating people complaining and asking questions that have been answered 30 times six years ago.

Not doing proper research? I did my research and bought pr coils for a reason, when I receive them after waiting weeks and it doesn’t fit right because of a mistake made by the manufacturer I wasn’t aware of until I asked the person I sent the money to purchase them, that’s when I get mad, especially when the response was just cut them.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Not doing proper research? I did my research and bought pr coils for a reason, when I receive them after waiting weeks and it doesn’t fit right because of a mistake made by the manufacturer I wasn’t aware of until I asked the person I sent the money to purchase them, that’s when I get mad, especially when the response was just cut them.
I wasn't necessarily talking about you so much as the people who filter over from FB, but judging from pr's and your posts I still think you could have gone a different route before lighting them up on the forums. It's been known that sometimes it takes a few weeks to get them (especially if ordering from a third party) because of the whole classic "supply and demand" thing, and if PR says they've never told anyone to cut the wires and that they offered to replace anyone that had bad ones I'm inclined to believe them.

I think chances are you ordered from a middleman and unfortunately a lot of them that sell N54 stuff are not helpful at all with support. I ordered one thing from a middleman vendor once and had a fitment issue, they ignored the first two emails I sent them and then just replied to me that they were going to forward my emails to the manufacturer and politely told me to fuck off, so I understand the frustration there.

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
Is there anyway to get in on this? I see the group buy is closed. I’ll pay a bit more than retail! I need them ASAP.
Just order from PR site for regular retail. No need to overpay unless you pay for overnight shipping lol.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Just received answer from PRW about replacement harness thank you guys. I still prefer these over BL coils there have been issues known to occur but things do happed like was said earlier and prefer them way over having to cut all my coils that’s why I went this route and ordered two kits for both my cars believe personally much better product. I understand it was a mistake just wanted clarification before said anything figured someone on here might have experience in this instal and could offer advice that’s what the forum is for. Greatly Appreciate the help from the people that ACTUALLY have experience with this product nice to have help from people using these products not just those that have Input with no real experience. But FB will just post that’s what they do. John also helped thank you again an PRW for helping sort this out.

My pleasure to be able to assist. Thanks :) anyone else with questions just shoot PR an email and they will reply with instructions. Robert is great with the customer support.

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
Why are people on here. On this thread talking about bimmerlifes out of stock for the last 10 years coil. Take that shit to a different section.