n54 single turbo drag build

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Really love the front mount. I know there was another guy that had one, posted but I don't think he was making passes yet?

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Yes I’m going to be mating n54 cam/ledges/vanos on the n52 head :smile:

What is the exhaust port overlay like - do the ports end up in the same relative position, just bigger, or are they offset as well? I'm wondering how much of my manifold will need refabrication to suit the n52 head.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
@rac
You will need an entirely different flange, ports are bigger and in a different location relative to the bolt holes. I will be making a couple within the next few days, so if you happen to need one let me know.

So are the exhaust port centres all in the same relative position to one another as compared to the n54? That would mean a new flange and ID change was all that was required as a opposed to refabricating runners because they were shifted relative to each other. What about height shift, are the port centre lines the same height above the block?

J. Dub

Lurker
Dec 12, 2019
Ride
e92 N54
On your stock turbo nitrous passes, what jet were you running?
I think that's the most incredible thing.
Stock turbos. Stock trans. And he runs a fucking 10.1 quarter.
That's unheard of. I, like you,came here to read all about how the fuck he pulled that off. What an awesome run for little money.