n54 single turbo drag build

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
@jyamona is this like the dual HPFP control you cooked up?

Or is it like flex fuel?

I appreciate the fully baked nature of your releases (unlike some other flash projects out there bricking people's DME's), and that you are doing this on the side on your own time. I also think you are WAY undercharging for your product/features. But quoting non-existent features is starting to sound like the boy who cried wolf.

All we see is vaporware in the truest of definition.

Yep, just like it. Flex fuel is such hardcore vaporware, that it actually materialized and has been running on 5-6 cars! Not to mention a few logs and videos too.

Same with antilag....that pesky vaporware actually installed itself on Jake H's car and ran at the mile high WGF event! There's also a few videos posted in various FB threads.

Now I remember why I stopped posting about things I'm working on. Thank you, and have an entitled day!

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Yep, just like it. Flex fuel is such hardcore vaporware, that it actually materialized and has been running on 5-6 cars! Not to mention a few logs and videos too.

Same with antilag....that pesky vaporware actually installed itself on Jake H's car and ran at the mile high WGF event! There's also a few videos posted in various FB threads.

Now I remember why I stopped posting about things I'm working on. Thank you, and have an entitled day!

Any time anyone points out the lack of availability you throw a childish hissy fit like the passive aggressive comment here. There's no need for that, and there's no need for misleading the community either. If the feature is available give me a price, charge me for it, and prove me wrong. I'm not looking for something for nothing...very few people are. But everyone's tired of hearing, "Ohhh...MHD can do that........soon". You've been quoting that same 5-6 cars running flex fuel for over 10mo now. You've also been saying all the work is done you just have to figure out encryption to protect your work. Nothing has changed in 10mo with that....yet you pop up and point out how another feature is "working" on some test car somewhere.

Finishing one project first and charging the masses for it would yield extra income to help finance the subsequent features. Instead of sitting on 3-5 secret projects making no money on any of them.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
IIRC 2975# with me in it and 3 gallons of gas when on the race battery. The roll cage added back some weight which offset the carpet and seat rails we removed. :) But I'm sure we can remove more weight if the need comes up. I sort of like having AC for the staging lanes but if I give up on that, maybe pull the entire HVAC system, I bet there is another 30-40# there, another 30# with a carbon hood, etc.

Weight loss thread here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26696&page=10

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg
In my opinion your car is completely gutted. Is it a full race car? It is not, but its no longer a street car really. Yes, more weight can be lost. Our E90 race car while doing a full weight loss, with some stuff others are not doing, so we are curious to see what it ends up weight wise. As for the Trans wars. Our Racecar motor is basically done, we can finally get it back in there with the Nizpro trans, and a custom XHP. See what she runs before we strip it down.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
He actually still has his door covers and the dash as well as all AC/Heater. I think he could still take down another 200# if he's going to strip it the way my 135i is.
LOL the dash? Is he going stand alone, and won't need any gauges...:) 200lbs is a lot of weight, door cards, heater, AC won't net you 200lbs lost.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
In my opinion your car is completely gutted. Is it a full race car? It is not, but its no longer a street car really. Yes, more weight can be lost. Our E90 race car while doing a full weight loss, with some stuff others are not doing, so we are curious to see what it ends up weight wise. As for the Trans wars. Our Racecar motor is basically done, we can finally get it back in there with the Nizpro trans, and a custom XHP. See what she runs before we strip it down.

It's definitely setup for racing, and I've wasted a lot of money taking weight off. Like the bumper supports, alum exhaust, etc. But there is a lot more I could do. Once I got it how it is now I realized taking off weight is sort of a waste of time. It's a lot cheaper to just add more power and makes the car look nicer too. :) But it's setup how its setup so I'm looking forward to hauling ass if ACF ever gets my new turbo kit done. You'll see when its running, that car is a lot of fun to drive.

To answer the question if I cared next steps would be to remove AC/heating system, remove the audio system, switch to light weight brakes, switch to light weight coil overs (it has stock struts), add a carbon fiber hood, remove the front airbags, remove door panels, and get a custom set of rims (with better tires).

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
It's definitely setup for racing, and I've wasted a lot of money taking weight off. Like the bumper supports, alum exhaust, etc. But there is a lot more I could do. Once I got it how it is now I realized taking off weight is sort of a waste of time. It's a lot cheaper to just add more power and makes the car look nicer too. :) But it's setup how its setup so I'm looking forward to hauling ass if ACF ever gets my new turbo kit done. You'll see when its running, that car is a lot of fun to drive.

To answer the question if I cared next steps would be to remove AC/heating system, remove the audio system, switch to light weight brakes, switch to light weight coil overs (it has stock struts), add a carbon fiber hood, remove the front airbags, remove door panels, and get a custom set of rims (with better tires).
I agree..:) Where is this Turbo kit!!! :)

Reactions: tsaulsbu and dyezak

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Any time anyone points out the lack of availability you throw a childish hissy fit like the passive aggressive comment here. There's no need for that, and there's no need for misleading the community either. If the feature is available give me a price, charge me for it, and prove me wrong. I'm not looking for something for nothing...very few people are. But everyone's tired of hearing, "Ohhh...MHD can do that........soon". You've been quoting that same 5-6 cars running flex fuel for over 10mo now. You've also been saying all the work is done you just have to figure out encryption to protect your work. Nothing has changed in 10mo with that....yet you pop up and point out how another feature is "working" on some test car somewhere.

Finishing one project first and charging the masses for it would yield extra income to help finance the subsequent features. Instead of sitting on 3-5 secret projects making no money on any of them.

Not really sure what's misleading, being that no release dates were ever given. And yes, while some features are being long term tested, I experiment and work on others. You realize that after security was completed, that had to be thoroughly tested as well, right?

Anyway, the proof that these are out in the wild and testing is in many places. If you still choose to quote "working," I don't really care.

• Agree
Reactions: 08_335i and Torgus

colo_evo

Corporal
Jun 6, 2017
Ride
E90 335i MT
Not really sure what's misleading, being that no release dates were ever given.

Your announcement for flex fuel was about a year ago and you mentioned successfully running flex fuel on multiple vehicles at that time. You also mentioned in the announcement that it was coming soon to MHD. Can you give an idea of when "soon" is happening?

I've been waiting to buy the hardware and software upgrades to allow flex fuel in my car.

colo_evo

Corporal
Jun 6, 2017
Ride
E90 335i MT
Good work with the build op! You're goal of running a 9 is very ambitions. I'm going to follow along and root for you but I don't think a 9 is possible with your setup. Prove us all wrong!!

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Your announcement for flex fuel was about a year ago and you mentioned successfully running flex fuel on multiple vehicles at that time. You also mentioned in the announcement that it was coming soon to MHD. Can you give an idea of when "soon" is happening?

I've been waiting to buy the hardware and software upgrades to allow flex fuel in my car.

Moving this discussion out of the OP's thread, and posted my response in the FF thread.

Reactions: Silentkiller335i

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
LOL the dash? Is he going stand alone, and won't need any gauges...:) 200lbs is a lot of weight, door cards, heater, AC won't net you 200lbs lost.

The dash only weighs like 25lbs maybe.. seats are your heaviest items. All the stuff thats mentioned above plus dash probably doant weigh 200lbs

Silentkiller335i

Corporal
Dec 6, 2016
Alright guys back to my build ,
Went ahead and got the compressor housing polished to match the scheme of everything else.
20171207_134309.jpg

This is my OCC mount setup.pretty happy with the way it came out.
20171208_141615.jpg

Also added these ecs aluminum arms. For the rear
20171208_220012.jpg

So my oil catch can setup is a little over board but i shouldnt have any more crank case pressure after this :grinning: dual -12 an fittings feeding 2 moroso oil catch cans
20171202_163835.jpg

Also cant forget about NRW turbo snout,great product and quality,its exactly what i needed.was running a turbo guard before but that still allows dirt and debris to enter the turbo.this product offers a high flow filter,and has a velocity stack built in! Win win in my book!
20171208_162640.png

Reactions: Omar@VaderSolutions

cloud9blue

Sergeant
Oct 17, 2017
Ride
09 E92 335i
Alright guys back to my build ,
Went ahead and got the compressor housing polished to match the scheme of everything else.View attachment 7330

This is my OCC mount setup.pretty happy with the way it came out.View attachment 7331
Also added these ecs aluminum arms. For the rearView attachment 7332

So my oil catch can setup is a little over board but i shouldnt have any more crank case pressure after this :grinning: dual -12 an fittings feeding 2 moroso oil catch cansView attachment 7334

Also cant forget about NRW turbo snout,great product and quality,its exactly what i needed.was running a turbo guard before but that still allows dirt and debris to enter the turbo.this product offers a high flow filter,and has a velocity stack built in! Win win in my book!View attachment 7335

Two things

- Those ecs trailing arm are pretty much just eye candy if you don't replace the bushings on the subframe.

- That's small piece of foam filter is not ideal for the flow your engine will be seeing.

Silentkiller335i

Corporal
Dec 6, 2016
Two things

- Those ecs trailing arm are pretty much just eye candy if you don't replace the bushings on the subframe.

- That's small piece of foam filter is not ideal for the flow your engine will be seeing.

I appreciate the response
The main reason for the ECS trailing arms is for extra clearance since my drag rims run a lot smaller than most. I seen that it did start to rub on my old trailing arms.so with these ,no rubbing occurs at full bump.

I tend to disagree with your comment on the filter

NRW- the foam we use measures 10mm thick (pretty thin) it is also a reinforced polypropylene with a 20PPI rating. Using this type of media extends the lifespan over traditional foam media while also creating a less dense weave under magnification. 20ppi is really only for filtering dirt, dust, sand etc. Fine particulates like pollen would not be captured but that's why these flow deceivingly well and catch all kinds of crap - you'd be surprised. They have been tested @28-30 psi with no issues

Silentkiller335i

Corporal
Dec 6, 2016
In for a follow. Looks good. How loud is it? Any videos??

Video on page 2 of this thread. 5th post down.
Its loud. Just depends on how your driving it. Driving around in the city it's really loud I have to short shift and keep the RPMs low,so i dont attract alot of attention ,once I'm on the highway or at a steady speed it's actually decently quiet but im also using little to no throttle.just enough to keep the car at a steady speed..but once WOT its a loud bitch .it screams.but wouldnt have it any other way :grinning:

Reactions: Mellow Yellow

cloud9blue

Sergeant
Oct 17, 2017
Ride
09 E92 335i
I appreciate the response
The main reason for the ECS trailing arms is for extra clearance since my drag rims run a lot smaller than most. I seen that it did start to rub on my old trailing arms.so with these ,no rubbing occurs at full bump.

I tend to disagree with your comment on the filter

NRW- the foam we use measures 10mm thick (pretty thin) it is also a reinforced polypropylene with a 20PPI rating. Using this type of media extends the lifespan over traditional foam media while also creating a less dense weave under magnification. 20ppi is really only for filtering dirt, dust, sand etc. Fine particulates like pollen would not be captured but that's why these flow deceivingly well and catch all kinds of crap - you'd be surprised. They have been tested @28-30 psi with no issues

Interesting, where can I find that thing? It isn't listed on either vendor's websites