n54 single turbo drag build

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Video on page 2 of this thread. 5th post down.
Its loud. Just depends on how your driving it. Driving around in the city it's really loud I have to short shift and keep the RPMs low,so i dont attract alot of attention ,once I'm on the highway or at a steady speed it's actually decently quiet but im also using little to no throttle.just enough to keep the car at a steady speed..but once WOT its a loud bitch .it screams.but wouldnt have it any other way :grinning:

I added a threadmark on that post, so anyone that wants to see this post can click "Threadmarks" at the top or bottom of the page next to the page selector:

kv3j23n.png

As the OP, you can create a threadmark if you click "Threadmarks" on the bottom of each post. You may have to click the little three bars to see that option on mobile:

eOu0gIm.png

Reactions: Silentkiller335i

Silentkiller335i

Corporal
Dec 6, 2016
Got the rear end back together.pretty crazy bmw uses c clips as shims to set backlash.
Spider gears welded.fully locked diff now.well see how it performs.
20171210_111835.jpg

Currently putting the cryotreated axles together. Its gonna get messy
20171210_114753.jpg

So onto installing these pain in the ass cv axles that bmw thought was such a great idea to make them a press fit.i found a easy way to smack these babys in without any axle damage
1. 3.5" tube
2.some type of heavy flat plate.i used my plates off my press.
And go ahead and smack them in from the back.works like a charm!
20171210_142548.jpg

This is the 3.5" pipe sitting on the back of the cv axle.perfect fit
20171210_142602.jpg

20171210_142459.jpg

Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
i went with double -12 my self on the valve cover BUT it was placed right above the intake cam, this way the splash shield on the cam wont allow oil to go through the lines and collect in the catch can.. look out for that , either way looks good

Silentkiller335i

Corporal
Dec 6, 2016
i went with double -12 my self on the valve cover BUT it was placed right above the intake cam, this way the splash shield on the cam wont allow oil to go through the lines and collect in the catch can.. look out for that , either way looks good
Thats where i first wanted to put it but the fitting was hitting the hood.so i ended up fitting them on the front side.

• Agree
Reactions: Omar@VaderSolutions

135boost

Corporal
Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Ride
135is
Really sure that LSD does not slip :)
on my time in late 1980`s we used similair welded spools and on yearly road inspection
they still found differences on brake balances on left vs right rear wheel..
that was illegal to do in Finland so it was only to shout the mouth and take another inspection
on another inspection station.

i must say that i really wait for next season and timeslips of 135/335 community.
on the end of 2018 there is for sure 9 sec N54`s, not me but one of this community.
my main goal on my 135 is 300kph barrier on standing mile.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
This is now officially my favorite engine bay, are you gonna do a billet VC? Really like the cleanliness of the OCC setup, how much crank case fumes gets out of those filters? I sent my tb and cp to @AD-ENG for an alphaloc the other day, I think it might be a little better than the vanjen IMO.

Silentkiller335i

Corporal
Dec 6, 2016
This is now officially my favorite engine bay, are you gonna do a billet VC? Really like the cleanliness of the OCC setup, how much crank case fumes gets out of those filters? I sent my tb and cp to @AD-ENG for an alphaloc the other day, I think it might be a little better than the vanjen IMO.

Honestly no.i think our cars look hideous without the engine cover on.its a mess with all the wires and injectors.plus i love this CF cover.dont know yet its a new setup.ill find out here soon! Yea after looking at the alphaloc its definitely one of the best clamps to buy.quality is top notch.and its super stout

Silentkiller335i

Corporal
Dec 6, 2016
So i had these coilovers on the car when it was my daily.not gonna work for the track by any means. So i switched back to stock.but i went with 135i shocks and springs.due to having a lot softer spring rate vs the 3 series.

Stock 135i:

• Front: 120 lb/in
• Rear : 350 lb/in

Stock 335i e90:

• Front: 145 lb/in
• Rear: 460 lb/in

20171208_171232.jpg

135i shocks shown below.No one makes drag shocks besides ade engineering.but its only the rear shock no spring to go along with it.so this is my best bet for right now.
Screenshot_20171215-173851.jpg

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
30psi+ off the line with the very rudimentary version of flash only anti-lag I cooked up :cool:
6MT looking to actually go fast will be very happy with that and some other pending goodies.
I would sure hope so. This car has been out for 10 years! That i 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 years. Yet we are still dealing with basic shit not being done in the flash. The VW I am bringing to the track today is brand new, yet it has Port injection control through the factory ECU, Flex Fuel through the factory ECU, the 2 step anti-lag they have through the factory ECU is adjustable. I have tested it, you can make anything from 5-whatever PSI the turbo will make at the line, so you can dial in your launches perfectly. For a 10-year-old platform, we still deal with so much crap being in the stone ages. Its why I spend less, and less time on these cars. Just need to go stand alone, and be done with it.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I would sure hope so. This car has been out for 10 years! That i 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 years. Yet we are still dealing with basic shit not being done in the flash. The VW I am bringing to the track today is brand new, yet it has Port injection control through the factory ECU, Flex Fuel through the factory ECU, the 2 step anti-lag they have through the factory ECU is adjustable. I have tested it, you can make anything from 5-whatever PSI the turbo will make at the line, so you can dial in your launches perfectly. For a 10-year-old platform, we still deal with so much crap being in the stone ages. Its why I spend less, and less time on these cars. Just need to go stand alone, and be done with it.
That capability is new on the DI vw/audis. I had an 07 a4 and was always telling the people and vendors that's what they needed and no one bit for at least 5 years apparently. Glad they have finally come around to see the light.

Point being, this platform isn't totally lagging. We were there before them, they just put it to full practice faster. Then again, they're a larger market too.

Reactions: tsaulsbu