n54 single turbo engine build, no expense spared build.

DAT335

Lurker
Nov 7, 2016
Australia
Ride
BMW 2006 335I FBO and BMW 430I
Dude there is no way in hell I trust an alibaba crank with such an expensive build, I have ppm rods and pistons in my own motor and they are perfect in everyway.

The only reason we didn't use them in this build as tits a six month wait to get them made at the time, there has been a number of motors built with their products here and there
has been no failures to date.

if you like to talk about it start another thread as this is a build thread.
I have ppm rods and piston and swear by them here in Australia. The company was a pita to deal with but got there in the end.

Reactions: martymil

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I have ppm rods and piston and swear by them here in Australia. The company was a pita to deal with but got there in the end.

Thomas is not the easiest guy to deal with, I've tried and gave up but luckily I was able to acquire some from another project that changed direction.

I personally wanted 9.5 to 1 comp due to not running e85 and it was the best move I've done.

Car loves the lower compression, I can run more boost and car runs cooler when driving normally.

Didnt loose any hp but actually made more every where thanks to the Vtt GC's and almost making as much power as on e85 on my previous turbos.

This Engine we are building now is going to be dual use 93 for street use and e85 for 1/2 mile events with a massive gtx 3584RS running around 35 to 38psi.

This is certainly going to have to be on a hub dyno as the roller dyno has trouble holding the current setup at 490rwk + on the dyno dynamics dyno.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
It will cost you a lot more to replace a crank if you break one than this, i can guarantee you will never break billet one.
Trust me I wouldn't turn down that crank especially since it's an ultimate hub solution. I just don't know if I could take a 7g kick to nuts but actually usd isn't as bad

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Some block shots to show how nice vapour blasting brings up the block to look like new

Shot of the vac stage 3 port work.

20190912_134919.jpg

20190912_134943.jpg

Reactions: Torgus

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I like it personally, very conservative.

Seen others which where over the top for me.

I personally have stuck with a stock head due to no needing more than 600 hp but I'm well over that and with stage 1 shrick cams its going to be insane and thats only on 93.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
That's true. Cost is not the crank, it's when you have all that money in the whole package and seriously blow something up. On our GT cars, we used to throw away the complete oiling system when a motor grenaded. That's not cheap to do. But investing another 100 hours in a block/head/build and all the parts, to have it blow up again because of a metal chard that didn't get cleaned out ... it isn't like running a stock motor with FBO lol.

Filippo

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Shot of the vac stage 3 port work.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that photo. A fair bit of meat left on the intake divider. Work looks clean. What's stage 3 mean? Intake, exhaust, any bowl cleanup?

Filippo

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The vac stage 3 is perfect and anything else is just overkill in my books, better of doing a n53 head if you need more.

I personally prefer stock with stage 1 shricks and keeping it simple.

When funds allow ill be getting the stage 1 schricks and do back to back comparison of the gains I'm getting since no one has done this i believe.

Reactions: Torgus