N54 SINGLE TURBO PCV HELP

droptopjetty

Mar 12, 2020
Hello, new to the forum, 2 years into the N54 life.

Please bare with me as i am new to the pcv side of things.

Im running a single turbo kit with a M18 valve cover as well as a EOS manifold. My question is, i have a crazy amount of blow by right now (can fills up within a 20-30 mile drive) and I'm sure its because of my horrible pcv set up; what set up is the correct set up? I've searched around and saw a bunch with the oem flapper and rb valve but how would i even get those on the cover. . .

any other ways to get this routed up?

Current set up -
First VC fitting with a 1/2" hose to first catch can fitting,
Second catch can fitting with 1/2" hose to manifold
Second VC fitting with a K&N pcv breather

Any solutions that work for you guys is HIGHLY appreciated as i want to go ahead and order everything asap.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4684.PNG
    IMG_4684.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_4685.PNG
    IMG_4685.PNG
    908.7 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Cruizinmax

Corporal
Jul 18, 2018
Ride
09 335i
Does your 1/2" hose from the catch can to the manifold have a pcv valve in there? If not that's a massive vacuum leak and drawing far too much volume of air so it's essentially sucking oil out of cylinder head.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
If you don't care about the PCV system:
Remove the valve cover, plug the PCV ports to the head and put VC back on.
Take both ports of the VC and run to a catch can with one of the following: Filter on top for VTA, hose to your intake pipe, hose under the car.

If you want to preserve the PCV system:
Contact @Chris@VargasTurboTech because they probably have the best dual catch can setup and thought out system.

Cruizinmax

Corporal
Jul 18, 2018
Ride
09 335i
Really at this point the easiest and most OEM like solution would be simply adding a pcv valve from any number of factory turboed cars in between the line to the intake manifold and catch can. This would be the "low side" pcv.

If you wanted to take it a step further you could add a 2nd catch can plumbed to where your small breather filter is on the valve cover and the secondary line off that catch can plumbed to your turbo inlet. This would emulate an oem system and would eliminate any oil fumes or residue in the engine bay. This would be your "high side" PCV.