N54 Stock DME Flex Fuel

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Tony, this is good to hear and exactly what I was hoping for, practicality-wise. In my case (and I suspect there are many others in this situation) while I have access to ethanol it is not prevalent everywhere I drive. So the ability to use the car regardless of ethanol mix becomes very practical. I'm patiently waiting :)

BTW Tony, single barrel arrived and while the product looks superb, I have to say that packaging was on par with the hardware. Nicely done!

Filippo

Reactions: Jeffman
Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Tony, this is good to hear and exactly what I was hoping for, practicality-wise. In my case (and I suspect there are many others in this situation) while I have access to ethanol it is not prevalent everywhere I drive. So the ability to use the car regardless of ethanol mix becomes very practical. I'm patiently waiting :)

BTW Tony, single barrel arrived and while the product looks superb, I have to say that packaging was on par with the hardware. Nicely done!

Filippo
Thank you for the kind words sir! We try to put our best foot foward with packaging whenever we can! It makes everything that much more appealing!

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Awesome. Can’t wait. I’m in the same boat as Filippo - because E85 is now only sparsely available in my area I’d love to splash it in whenever I can without having to reflash.

• Sad
Reactions: Janman75

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
you guys will be selling the sensor as well or will any continental ethanol sensor work ?

Flex fuel itself will be a module in MHD. Then there will be different hardware packs depending on what you need:
- ECA only
- ECA + fuel line & sensor
- ECA, fuel line kit, and tune

Any continental / GM sensor will work, but you must be certain that it is genuine. There are a bunch of Chinese clones floating around (ebay *cough cough*) that are not calibrated correctly, and will mess things up :)

Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
Flex fuel itself will be a module in MHD. Then there will be different hardware packs depending on what you need:
- ECA only
- ECA + fuel line & sensor
- ECA, fuel line kit, and tune

Any continental / GM sensor will work, but you must be certain that it is genuine. There are a bunch of Chinese clones floating around (ebay *cough cough*) that are not calibrated correctly, and will mess things up :)
sweet... dont forget the promise you made joe josh and I lol

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I want to take a moment to point out a new feature on the board, we have something called "Threadmarks". Which is essentially a bookmark within a thread. OPs and mods can mark posts as a 'threadmark' if it has notable information so people can quickly find it later inside multi page threads.

LwKBelG.png

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
I want to take a moment to point out a new feature on the board, we have something called "Threadmarks". Which is essentially a bookmark within a thread. I can mark posts as a threadmark if it has notable information so people can quickly find it later inside multi page threads. This will only be present when I've marked posts specifically, but I'll be rolling this out to all OP's soon.

LwKBelG.png
What a wonderful feature.

Reactions: doublespaces

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I want to take a moment to point out a new feature on the board, we have something called "Threadmarks". Which is essentially a bookmark within a thread. OPs and mods can mark posts as a 'threadmark' if it has notable information so people can quickly find it later inside multi page threads.

LwKBelG.png

Sitting here waiting for Jake to threadmark the Official for sale post for flex fuel ;)

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
My assumption would be that you would have to load a different PI program to the controller, so it may not be transparent. But with a single shotgun, it should not have any impact, right? Since it's letting the DME control it completely - there's not even any aux fueling. You may run into the same issues as with PI if using the double barrel.

Perhaps this system won't be recommended for the 700+ WHP systems, but to give the 600 and under crowd some flexibility. I'm sure it will all be addressed when it gets released. I heard thru the grapevine when it is due to be released, so hopefully there isn't much more waiting.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
It shouldnt have any reflection on when you inject fuel tho. Atleast in my understanding of it, it wont. In the most basic terms it should just regulate afrs, timing, and load based on estimated octane rating.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
It shouldnt have any reflection on when you inject fuel tho. Atleast in my understanding of it, it wont. In the most basic terms it should just regulate afrs, timing, and load based on estimated octane rating.

It should definitely affect when you inject fuel. regulating afrs = modifying fueling. modifying timing = results in modified afr. The entire premise of this is that it will modify fueling and timing based on ethanol content.

Because you can account for all this on the DME side flash it'll be just fine. Just an additional tuning hurdle for your tuner.

How would you account for a secondary fuel injection control mechanism in the DME? It will be neat to see if/how this works with those running PI, but I'd be a bit apprehensive unless they have some way to modify the PI controller as well.