N54 Stock DME Flex Fuel

blisstik

Corporal
Mar 27, 2018
Ride
E92 MOTIV750 (Sold)
DME has two connectors with two subconnectors for each connector. So there are 4 subconnectors. The FF will use two of these subconnectors. Refer to my post attachment above.

The FF blue tmap wire connects directly into the AIC green wire.

• Informative
Reactions: fmorelli

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
DME has two connectors with two subconnectors for each connector. So there are 4 subconnectors. The FF will use two of these subconnectors. Refer to my post attachment above.

The FF blue tmap wire connects directly into the AIC green wire.

I see on the card has the color and shape of the subconnectors. Will do. Thanks.

Any idea why Motiv does not reply to emails?

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I see on the card has the color and shape of the subconnectors. Will do. Thanks.

Any idea why Motiv does not reply to emails?
They stay off the boards for the most part because they're time and energy pits with little return compared to the time put in.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
An

An email to them has nothing to do with checking car forums.
Considering you said nothing about email correspondence in your message I was responding to...

If they're not responding to your emails, and you purchased a product from them, then that's different.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
An

An email to them has nothing to do with checking car forums.

Please post or send a PM link of the forum article you are referring to as I have not found any. Please be aware that forums have nothing to do with sending instructions to customers. It would be insane to expect customers to rely on other customer in forums to install a product you sell.

Thank you for the advice though.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Please post or send a PM link of the forum article you are referring to as I have not found any. Please be aware that forums have nothing to do with sending instructions to customers. It would be insane to expect customers to rely on other customer in forums to install a product you sell.

Thank you for the advice though.

I was not referring to a specific article. I was simply saying that they can and should return emails. Convert was suggesting they are too busy to check car forums but you were talking about email.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I was not referring to a specific article. I was simply saying that they can and should return emails. Convert was suggesting they are too busy to check car forums but you were talking about email.

I got an email last night informing me that they are working on instructions and a video installation to disseminate. They have test installer users that will give them feedback so they can be more sure the instructions are clear. So now customers should sit tight and wait.

VT

Reactions: veer90

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
No one should be installing anything until the MHD module is released...

If you want to install the fuel line and sensor go ahead but if you hook anything up to the DME without the proper software logic implemented you're gonna have a bad time.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
We have everything installed, with the DME connection wires coiled up and wire tied, patiently waiting. I know it is frustrating and maybe far from a perfect example of how to run a business. But these are the guys that are advancing the N54 platform, and are honest and well-intentioned. I feel lucky in that regard, and am willing to put up with some shortcomings to move ahead - better the shortcomings in some communication, planning, and business execution than in the technology!

Filippo

• Agree
Reactions: Jeffman and N54QC

JDKruger4

Private
Aug 10, 2017
Ride
335i LCI
As an engineer who has been involved in product development and launches this is pretty much a case study of what not to do. I'm not attacking Motiv or Jake, and I'm still really excited about using their product (the packaging and components all look top notch) but the communication and launch has been really bungled. First, they over promised and under-delivered after the initial announcement (in early 2017!). Then it was communicated on this thread that the hardware was ready but they were waiting for MHD implementation (and mostly just protection for their IP) and when it was ready the product would be released. Then they announced the kit for Pre-sale (which I bought the first day) and would ship at the end of the month. A reasonable person who had read their previous communication would conclude that the MHD component was wrapping up. At some point later, I and others received an email stating that if the MHD component wasn't ready there may be a slight delay in shipping, which was the case for me as my shipment was delayed a week. Well here we are several weeks later and still no MHD and virtually no communication. Meanwhile Motiv has had my money for several months now without delivering a product that performs the function they advertised. I understand MHD is a separate entity from Motiv, but I guarantee MHD will pick up the phone for Motiv and tell them where they are at. This should absolutely be more transparent!

Again, I'm not attacking Motiv or anyone just being frank about how this has gone down. A company only gets one shot to create a first impression on their customers, for myself and I suspect many others this is the first Motiv product and my trust is wavering. People defending Motiv arguing they are pushing the platform forward are IMO ridiculous. Don't launch a product until its ready! Also that attitude carries the air of the vendor doing a favor to customers by developing a product which is a great PR strategy to drive your customers away. No vendor is doing doing anyone any favors, they are providing products for CUSTOMERS to purchase and are making a profit. Here's to hoping for some transparent communication and a successful (if late) software launch!

blisstik

Corporal
Mar 27, 2018
Ride
E92 MOTIV750 (Sold)
Did you pick out a switched power source connection yet?

Orange wire in the green connector. Same as JB4 power source. Using it for AIC1, LPFP and FF box. The LPFP has its own 18ga wire with 10a fuse as that will pull the most power.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Orange wire in the green connector. Same as JB4 power source. Using it for AIC1, LPFP and FF box. The LPFP has its own 18ga wire with 10a fuse as that will pull the most power.

Thanks. Sounds familiar now. Same place I wired in the procede way back when.

• Funny
Reactions: blisstik

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I think the frustration was that the big announcement of "it'll be released by end of March" to meet the Spoolstreet giveaway only applied to the "hardware" and the most important part that is still not available, with no communication, no eta, no nothing, AND that part wasn't made completely clear at launch. I understand that Motiv and MHD and Jake are 3 different entities and I'm sure they have had unforeseen issues. There was clearly a delay of the flex fuel software - hence, they should have not released the hardware. Who cares about meeting a "commitment" to a giveaway, that's just an excuse - give a raincheck and don't release it for sale if the whole thing isn't ready. If there was a delay discovered before taking, waiting, and then shipping orders for the hardware, which wasn't something that happened quickly, why not at least give some communication to the community. MHD hasn't said a single thing, Motiv hasn't said anything and all Jake has said was that the Motiv portion was promised by end of March and that the software is "coming."

Well, the problem itself was the delay which can't be remedied when that delay continues to happen, so really its a matter of picking their poison it seems. Have people complain because you don't release it or have people complain because you did. People bought the product knowing it wasn't ready, and as they say, until the fat lady sings. So while I certainly understand frustration people may have, I'm not tripping because this is so low on my frustration-O-meter, it makes me wonder if any of you guys have real problems in life. If this puts someone in a financial hardship, I'm certain they would take it back. Otherwise, if they didn't put it on sale, we'd be no closer to a flex fuel solution, in fact, I'd personally be further away from having this solved since I wouldn't even have the product in my hands.

Jake is part of Motiv, FWIW. So it's two peeps - him and Martial, sorting this out I surmise. Yeah it would be nice to have some clarity at this point, and it did seems like end of March the capability was going to be released. Hopefully this will come to fruition soon... and yeah ... this is how it can be at the bleeding edge.

Filippo

Well, to clarify, there is Jake H, who is definitely part of Motiv Motorsport, obviously. And there is Jake Yamona, who I do not think currently identifies as an employee of Motiv, more like a collaborator. I could be wrong, just AFAIK.