It is working now. Came out to run an errand and the gauge is now at 61.2 %

20180527_171925.jpg

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I highly recommend clicking @jyamona's tag, then click "Start Private Chat" and send him your contact information directly. Spam bots will pick this up and send you crap you don't want.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Interesting. Can you double check the DME wires are secured? How many restarts on avg is it 0 vs. the correct reading?

If I am consistently getting the voltage reading, which wire would be responsible for the % readout?

Three more starts and zero % each time.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
If I am consistently getting the voltage reading, which wire would be responsible for the % readout?

Three more starts and zero % each time.

A few things for you to try today:

1. Can you screenshot your "read codes" screen in MHD?
2. What is your exact vehicle?
3. What do the load, fuel and timing interpolation parameters log as?
4. Who is your tuner?
5. Can you disconnect the green wire going to the dme from the ECA and multimeter its output with car IGN on? Does not have to be running
6. What do ECA voltage and E% read in MHD while the wire is disconnected?

Thank you

mang.vang

Private
Sep 28, 2017
Ride
09 e90
I've noticed on my car e content stays at 100 for a few minutes and then changes to the actual e content (currently 9%). I flashed with the stg2+ acn fuel. The car seems to pull stronger than the v8 map prior to ff release. After adding 6gal pf e85 i am currently at e35. Everything seems to be working well for me. Havent had a chance to log anything yet.

Reactions: Jeffman

Hill'n'toe

Private
Mar 12, 2018
Ride
335Xi
Added you. The E50 limit is 100% for OTS users. For pro-tune, it is at the discretion of your tuner. They will evaluate your fuel system and should taper load/boost above a certain E% if necessary. Assuming you have a solid LPFP, and either PI or double barrel, there is no upper E% limit :)
Does it mean that OTS Users will never be able to run 100% E85 ? That was my goal, not for performance but for everyday use simplicity..

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
I've noticed on my car e content stays at 100 for a few minutes and then changes to the actual e content (currently 9%). I flashed with the stg2+ acn fuel. The car seems to pull stronger than the v8 map prior to ff release. After adding 6gal pf e85 i am currently at e35. Everything seems to be working well for me. Havent had a chance to log anything yet.

It should not take a few minutes. The ECA does take a few seconds to boot and start supplying the DME with the signal, but you should be able to sit in the car (ign off), start monitoring on MHD, press ign on (don't start car, just ign on) and wait maybe 8-10 seconds and see Ethanol % populate correctly. Let me know when you are able to upload some logs of various E%'s :)

Does it mean that OTS Users will never be able to run 100% E85 ? That was my goal, not for performance but for everyday use simplicity..

There will never be an optimized OTS map for E85. Running E85 on OTS FlexFuel is basically the same as your 91/93 pump map power wise. If you wish to run E85 regularly, I advise you to get a pro-tune, so your tuner can evaluate your fuel system and recommend you upgrades appropriately if needed.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Some additional notes:

All Users:
The ECA takes a few seconds to boot and start sending it's signal to the DME. It gets its power at IGN on. I would suggest single pressing the button a few seconds before you start the car. You can monitor on MHD during this time to see about how long it takes for future reference. This will ensure you get the proper amount of fuel at start when running higher E% blends and not have to worry about cold start issues.

Tuners:
You MUST use the included bin format tool first followed by tuning with the FlexFuel XDFs. If you do not do this, the FlexFuel logic will not be added on the MHD side. You can tell the logic has not been flashed into the car if you have error codes (dmtl), ethanol content logs as 0 or incorrectly, and the fuel/timing/load interpolation values log as 0 or incorrectly. Additionally, on the "Read Codes" screen the last flashed map name should have a prefix of "FF_" automatically added to it, regardless of what name you gave the file.

JB4 Users:
Everything here is currently flash only. Terry@BMS will need to make suitable FlexFuel BEF's in order to take advantage of this feature.