N54 Stock DME Flex Fuel

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Ford p/n BE5Z-5442528-B ... I finally wrapped CF over most of the chrome ...

Filippo

blisstik

Corporal
Mar 27, 2018
Ride
E92 MOTIV750 (Sold)
Hi everyone, I have a favor to ask. Could someone please take a photo of the wire side of the harness? Just like in the photo below?

IMG_4414.jpg

jfranklin4000

Apr 18, 2018
San Francisco Bay Area
Ride
2006 335i
Yeah, I was noticing that as well. It is my understanding that the DME manipulates this value under certain conditions. Certainly, if the DTC is on it will effect the throttle position.

Are these throttle movements concerning? And if so is it because of their magnitude or their timing?

blisstik

Corporal
Mar 27, 2018
Ride
E92 MOTIV750 (Sold)
Try logging with DSC fully off. A limited slip will help with traction.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Your boost is a few psi over target- could that be causing the throttle closures, especially from 5000 rpms on.

I was more wondering why timing dropped from 9 to 3 around 4500 and then climbed back, but there was no timing correction on cylinder 1.

BQTuning

Corporal
Jul 18, 2017
www.bqtuning.com
Ride
E89 Z4 35i 6MT M Sport
If you want to understand throttle behavior, load up a stock map, do couple of pulls and then compare the logs with a non stock map. Im pretty sure you will fine a custom map or OTS map will be much more forgiving with throttle behavior than stock IMO.

In other words throttle closure is pretty much an elaborate and normal function of the DME. Use the stock as example to determine what is good and what is bad throttle closure. There is a lot more to it than this but its a start.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
DTC is fully disabled in all of my logs. ( I hold down the DTC button for a number of seconds until the circle-arrow,-triangle(!) displays on the dash)

Could this be my transmission limiting torque? (hello, excuse to buy xhp)

It is not from the trans, it is due to boost being over target a bit. I will fwd these along to Ken (@WedgePerformance ) for a look, he may need to make a few map tweaks. Can you give some more details on your mods, and what map you picked for your pump map?

I was more wondering why timing dropped from 9 to 3 around 4500 and then climbed back, but there was no timing correction on cylinder 1.

DME will pull timing for overboost as well, this does not show as a cylinder correction as that ram variable is only from the knock control system.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Got to see this work for real yesterday. Was running at E80 and took the Z into Chicago. Not enough in the tank to get back home so I had to add some 93Oct.

Watched the E content go down to E40, watched the interpolation go down.... it all seemed to work perfectly.

Ha... south side of Chicago. Gotta get gas before the toll road, no choice.
I see a BP station with literally 12 or so Chicago PD SUVs all about the lot. Pull in with the top down, got all the business clothes on. Drive around the pumps and a lot of locals are hanging out. First thing I hear.... "Damn! this dude in the wrong hood" More a tone of concern than contempt. :grimacing: