Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
If you are running 20psi in your E85 tune and 20psi in your 93oct tune, and using the "Boost" wires on the Motiv ECA (hooking this up to AIC), yes it will send a lower psi to the AIC when running 93oct.

The actual scaling is something proprietary I came up with during testing, but the goal was to get it down low enough where it should fall into an AIC column where little to no PI will be needed at very low E percents like you find in normal 91/93 oct. It also handles all blends in between.

Ok cool. Understood, thanks.

sch4400

Lurker
Mar 20, 2018
Ride
my next plan is going to go motiv flex fuel box. but don't konw how to install it.
cause I already have GM Ethanol sensor and ECA LED diplay from str8shot member of n54tech.com
so..what need to do wire job ??? need to buy the Ethanol bluetooth dongle????
also, If I bought the motiv flex box , then the extension wire will come with flex fuel box??

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Hi, the circled connector is USB to allow for firmware updates.

You will want to uninstall the LED display and ECA you currently have wired to the GM ethanol sensor.

The GM ethanol sensor itself you will keep, as the Motiv ECA will plug directly in to it.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
my next plan is going to go motiv flex fuel box. but don't konw how to install it.
cause I already have GM Ethanol sensor and ECA LED diplay from str8shot member of n54tech.com
so..what need to do wire job ??? need to buy the Ethanol bluetooth dongle????
also, If I bought the motiv flex box , then the extension wire will come with flex fuel box??

View attachment 25279

sch4400

Lurker
Mar 20, 2018
Ride
Hi, the circled connector is USB to allow for firmware updates.

You will want to uninstall the LED display and ECA you currently have wired to the GM ethanol sensor.

The GM ethanol sensor itself you will keep, as the Motiv ECA will plug directly in to it.
Is there any way to use LED display with motiv ECA??
the insatll guide said...
Motiv ECA pins are going to black connetor of DME. it means original factory connector?? or jb4 black connector?? or doesnt matter??

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Is there any way to use LED display with motiv ECA??
the insatll guide said...
Motiv ECA pins are going to black connetor of DME. it means original factory connector?? or jb4 black connector?? or doesnt matter??

No way to use LED, however you ca now log E% in MHD.

This must be wired to the stock DME connectors. However, if you are using a JB4 as well you will need to contact @Terry@BMS for support.

MHD / Motiv only supports using the ECA with flash only.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
If using the Motiv kit with the JB4 you wire it up per Motiv's directions, and then we have special JB4 firmware and BEF that reads the E85 content off the ECU via CANbus. The wire going to large black #10 isn't needed/used in our implementation. Connections can go on the OEM harness as they are easier to reach that way.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I've been running Motiv Flex Fuel since this past summer. As winter came, I ran the tank back down to E10. Weather is pulling back up and my car is together for now, so a few drives this week, filled up at Sunoco E85 and my Fuel-IT BT app says we're back up around E55 at the moment.

I want to thank @jyamona for superb work on this, along with others that helped him along the way (I know a few names but surely not all so don't wish to list any). Jake this thing just flat out works like a champ. No fuss no muss. It's a non-trivial upgrade to put together. I know it was a bit of a long road once it was working, to get to initial release but the wait to get it all right was worth it. Job well done and I just want to say once again, thanks!!

Filippo

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I concur wholeheartedly. I am so spoiled with flex fuel and the ability to just add and go.

I wish more people would get it to justify continued investment in the DME platform.

@jyamona, curious if you have a roadmap for any other features this year? I know getting to the flex fuel launch was a long road, so I understand apprehension about giving any timeline, but a sneak peek of anything you have in the world would be great.

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Glad to hear this is working so well for everyone.

This is on my list of to do's before summer. I can't wait.

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Thanks for the kind words guys, glad you all are enjoying it! Hopefully more continue to try it out and enjoy the benefits.

Is there a limit to the flex capability? This may have been covered before.

Assuming there is a fuel system that covers the needs obviously, but is the system able to adjust for E60+? Say all the way up to E90?

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Thanks for the kind words guys, glad you all are enjoying it! Hopefully more continue to try it out and enjoy the benefits.
I cannot imagine why anyone running ethanol would not want to have this on their car, to be quite honest. The convenience factor is great, not to mention that you just don't have to care what comes out of the pump. It's a slam dunk purchase decision.

Filippo