N63TU Tuning Journey

markspeed

Lurker
Dec 2, 2018
Pueblo, CO
Attached is a file with four PIDs for the bank 2 DME. The Torque app developer added the capability to capture responses from the 2nd DME using custom PID numbers of the form 0xFExxxx. This link discusses the details. I haven't tried to get AFR for bank 2 yet, but I can see there might be an issue since I believe the custom 0xFExxxx PID equations only return 1 byte, but the O2 sensor data is four bytes (first two are the AF ratio). Also, I don't think knock is available as a standard OBD PID.

Attachments

• 1Like
Reactions: doublespaces

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Attached is a file with four PIDs for the bank 2 DME. The Torque app developer added the capability to capture responses from the 2nd DME using custom PID numbers of the form 0xFExxxx. This link discusses the details. I haven't tried to get AFR for bank 2 yet, but I can see there might be an issue since I believe the custom 0xFExxxx PID equations only return 1 byte, but the O2 sensor data is four bytes (first two are the AF ratio). Also, I don't think knock is available as a standard OBD PID.
Thankyou

Mar 22, 2020
Many tuners have tried to get a 10 second pass on the N63 platform since its release. Most have given up on the platform altogether...
Last summer.... HEATSYNC PERFORMANCE EURO did it with the heavy RWD 650 grand coupe using stock turbos, intakes and downpipes!
I was already with my 3rd tuner at the time... but after seeing that... I felt like I had no other choice but to get tuned by them, because I’ll I’ve ever wanted since buying this car in 2016, was to hit 10 seconds. And if I knew all I needed was intakes and downpipes with the right tuner.... I wouldn’t be broke today lol..... mods: pure stage 1 turbos, intakes, downpipes, exhaust, dinan intercoolers, stock tmap sensors and the very much needed.... Spool Performance ethanol analyzer- I honestly would’ve never made it to 10s without that little device... I do not have a transmission flash as yet , no port injection and I am not currently running meth..... and fueling and log information is something I am not really willing to share at the moment. But.... I will be hitting up AJAY when I’m ready to really spice things up lol!

PS
I let off before 1/4

Attachments

Johnh3rd

Mar 24, 2020
Great write up markspeed.
I just bought a 2014 550ix m sport and I too am looking for some more performance. I'd like to try to get into the 11s without changing anything, except, maybe, intake to get cooler air.
Anyway, it has been a little while since you wrote this. What advice do you have for a tuning novice? Do you have a recommendation for piggyback or ecu or something else? There are so many choices. ESS, BMS, Mission, BM3 and on and on. Thanks. John

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Great write up markspeed.
I just bought a 2014 550ix m sport and I too am looking for some more performance. I'd like to try to get into the 11s without changing anything, except, maybe, intake to get cooler air.
Anyway, it has been a little while since you wrote this. What advice do you have for a tuning novice? Do you have a recommendation for piggyback or ecu or something else? There are so many choices. ESS, BMS, Mission, BM3 and on and on. Thanks. John
I know you asked john but im consistently 11.3 to 11.5 and hit 11.19 with just a dp . I think the biggest thing is trans tune and then I'd go bm3 or sergei or heatsync from what I've seen. I have mission and it's a good tune but cust service is awful and god forbid you have a issue with the tune example being I kept saying trans didnt feel tuned and month and half went by of me swearing it's not done and them saying it is. So finally I said whatever just fix the trans nut showing the gear on dash and he logged in remotely to do it and saw that trans was ru ni g backup flash. If I had kept my mouth shut I would have never gotten my trans flashed. I'm most likely going to be going heatsync or bm3 with v8bait tuning me cause he tubes my other car and is amazing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
phil@BPC N63 4