Need Advice ! Looking for tuner & questions on my current setup !

N54whore

Lurker
Oct 26, 2018
Hey guys, so im in the process of looking for a tuner but before i waste there time or my money i want some opinions on my setup and if i should wait till i get a few other things so here it is...

My current setup:
- JB4/MHD Pump BEF with hybrid turbos default settings (just did this motor swap)
- Vargas GC Lite 2.0's
- Vargas Silicone Outlets
- VRSF OEM location Inlets
- VRSF 7.5 Race Intercooler
- CP-E Chargepipe & Tial BOV
- Active Autowerke Catless DP's
- Delphi Coil Packs
- NGK 95770 gapped to .22
- 4mm Forged Vacuum Lines
- Stock LPFP
- Stock HPFP
- 93 OCTANE ONLY (for now)

So now that you saw all that, i do have all intentions on getting these to complete my setup.

stage 2 lpfp (soon)
precision raceworks coilpacks (soon) port meth injection (no e85 near me, within a year or so)

My goal when i have my setup complete done is to make around 650whp & 600+wtq...

Here are my questions for now...
1. Will my stock low pressure fuel pump work for my current setup till i go with a stage 2 pump

2. Is it even worth my getting a tune with my current set up ? Or just wait till i have the complete setup ?

3. Is the jb4/mhd pump hybrid turbo default settings safe to run for now in map 1 or 2 ? I still need to do logs and send them in but if fueling isn't sufficient i wont be able too...

4. What tuners are recommended for jb4/mhd bef ? I know some guys only do mhd.

5. Are my power goals doable for the setup i intend on running ?

Thank you for all your help if you read this far lol... Hope to get some solid feedback from the amazing N54 community ! I do have a YouTube channel documenting my whole build (All Cars Everything) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0rWMoDOfYuaIiyvKHqnxTA
and my Instagram is (@N54whore) if anyone wants to message me there regarding this thread... Thanks again !

Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
for pump gas stock pump will be fine... also its .022" not .22 :p

if you need an upgraded stage 2 just let me know! vadersolution.com ... i highly suggest it, upgraded fuel pump is prob the best upgrade you can do to this platform..

stock hpfp is fine for either ..

as for tuners, OTS maps from terry for the backend flash are spot on, i would just leave it.. customs tunes for flash only do the trick though. power goal is doable with ethanol not pump gas which is why i suggest the VS stage 2 or 2+ fuel pump with additional PI(some tuners were able to get over 600 without PI and on e50)

N54whore

Lurker
Oct 26, 2018
for pump gas stock pump will be fine... also its .022" not .22 :p

if you need an upgraded stage 2 just let me know! vadersolution.com ... i highly suggest it, upgraded fuel pump is prob the best upgrade you can do to this platform..

stock hpfp is fine for either ..

as for tuners, OTS maps from terry for the backend flash are spot on, i would just leave it.. customs tunes for flash only do the trick though. power goal is doable with ethanol not pump gas which is why i suggest the VS stage 2 or 2+ fuel pump with additional PI(some tuners were able to get over 600 without PI and on e50)

Thank you for the quick feedback, i did mean .022 lol

Glad to know my lpfp should work for now as the funds are limited after alot of these unexpected things that come up during a full engine swap haha, i will look into yours when time comes to do the upgrade

As for the tunes from Terry i have no issue running them for now, i just know that as time goes i thought a custom bef tune may benefit me. As for fueling sadly in New Jersey where i live im about 1 hour away from any e85 station... thats my reason why i want port meth instead of port injected e85...

That being said i do believe 93 octane + port meth is doable no ?

Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
yes it is doable , and the BEF are conservative so I wouldnt worry about reliability as it will be there... many tuners out there can help you out with a custom BEF with great success.

N54whore

Lurker
Oct 26, 2018
yes it is doable , and the BEF are conservative so I wouldnt worry about reliability as it will be there... many tuners out there can help you out with a custom BEF with great success.

Glad to hear that ! I've been recommended to @jsrtuning & @twistedtuning, twisted is actually only 1 hour from me and i was wondering about reaching out to him and seeing about actually going up there when time comes ‍♂️

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Since you only have pump near your. 93 and DP meth would be great for you. I know about the scarcity of E85 in NJ. Everytime i go there its like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

I have DP meth kits available for most if not all applications. So feel free to hit me up for that or tuning or what have you.

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
E85 in NJ is tough.
Here's list that I know of
Central NJ
01. Newark Gas station by airport
02. Gas station in Orange NJ(off parkway)
Northern NJ/NY border
03. On 287 thruway just past Mahwah NJ Sunoco station rest stop
Spring valley NY
04. Sunoco station on Main Street
Hope this helps.

N54whore

Lurker
Oct 26, 2018
Since you only have pump near your. 93 and DP meth would be great for you. I know about the scarcity of E85 in NJ. Everytime i go there its like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

I have DP meth kits available for most if not all applications. So feel free to hit me up for that or tuning or what have you.

Appreciate the answer back, you are about 1 hour from me and was interested in potentially making a visit for you to tune the car one day as i think it would be good YouTube content for my channel as well ! Also for my current set up does anyone have any recommendations on bov springs ? I see Vargas says 8psi spring, that make sense for my turbo setup ?

N54whore

Lurker
Oct 26, 2018
Y
E85 in NJ is tough.
Here's list that I know of
Central NJ
01. Newark Gas station by airport
02. Gas station in Orange NJ(off parkway)
Northern NJ/NY border
03. On 287 thruway just past Mahwah NJ Sunoco station rest stop
Spring valley NY
04. Sunoco station on Main Street
Hope this helps.

Yea im North Jersey, the thruway one is closest to me but to get on just to go all the way up and pay a toll to turn around is pointless lol

N54whore

Lurker
Oct 26, 2018
I have a video driving and hearing the bov but im not sure if there's any surge or if its just the suction sound from inlets and outlets and turbos i cant upload the video on here though from my phone...

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
Y

Yea im North Jersey, the thruway one is closest to me but to get on just to go all the way up and pay a toll to turn around is pointless lol
Nah,never had to pay a toll when I get gas.ever since they redid the thruway there they added a island uturn close to Sunoco about 100 feet past,just put your hazards on,bang a uturn and you just saved yourself a toll,excess mileage,and 30 minutes lost
I have been doing this for years.plus the e85 mix is usually good there

N54whore

Lurker
Oct 26, 2018
Nah,never had to pay a toll when I get gas.ever since they redid the thruway there they added a island uturn close to Sunoco about 100 feet past,just put your hazards on,bang a uturn and you just saved yourself a toll,excess mileage,and 30 minutes lost
I have been doing this for years.plus the e85 mix is usually good there

Maybe once car is settled in right, ill try it out ! A bit of a e85 mix cant hurt lol

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I think for the prices we pay it would be crazy not to invest in a tune. Once car is dialed in most tuners wont bang you for full price to revise for new parts. Forget the extra power and refinement that a tune brings just the extra safety is worth the money.

N54whore

Lurker
Oct 26, 2018
I think for the prices we pay it would be crazy not to invest in a tune. Once car is dialed in most tuners wont bang you for full price to revise for new parts. Forget the extra power and refinement that a tune brings just the extra safety is worth the money.

I waa thinking that also lol thats why im trying to get as many opinions possible lol