Need coding advice on LED fog lights and taillights

Stevae

Sep 8, 2020
I recently changed the fog light housings on my E92 335i. Not the LED bulbs, but ONLY the housings they were in. And yet, I am getting alarms from the car every time I start it. Now, I have ordered some LCI taillights, and would love to know how I can code my system to STOP actively pursuing those codes. I am not familiar enough with the different coding platforms to know which one codes to stop those. So any help is very much appreciated.

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
07 SG/CR 335i / 17 X6 x35i
It's pretty simple. You just need to set the bulb checks to nicht_aktiv using NCSExpert. I would assume something like protools can do it as well. Do you already have a cable?

Stevae

Sep 8, 2020
I do have a K+Dcan cable. I can look at and clear codes in MHD, as my car was custom tuned with MHD before I purchased it. But I can't afford MHD right now. So I'm limited to that. I will research NCSExpert, to see if I can use it. I've never heard of it. But I truly appreciate your bringing it to my attention.

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
07 SG/CR 335i / 17 X6 x35i
I do have a K+Dcan cable. I can look at and clear codes in MHD, as my car was custom tuned with MHD before I purchased it. But I can't afford MHD right now. So I'm limited to that. I will research NCSExpert, to see if I can use it. I've never heard of it. But I truly appreciate your bringing it to my attention.

If you have the cable, you can get BMW Standard Tools over on BG: https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads

There are plenty of videos and documents on getting it installed. I have it installed in a VirtualBox VM so I can use it. The other option is to just get something like BimmerCode or ProTool app and do it from your phone or tablet.