New 6266 doc race kit lazy spooling is this normal?

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
335is DCT
Doc race 6266 dual BB
Stage 2 LPFP
2 step colder plugs
7.5 inch race IC
3 port mac
synapse charge pipe BOV
Gforce 3 boost controller tuned by wedge performance

Just installed my new DOC race kit and got some logs targeting around 17-18psi. I noticed i am not hitting max boost until 4.8k Rpm which seems really slow making me think something is wrong i was expecting more around 3.8-4k.do you see anything in the logs or any advice what i should do. using white and green wastage springs. The boost curve seems to be not right and sporadic. Looking for advice thanks. It’s weird on wastegate pressure the boost hit 13psi around 4K makes me think it’s the boost controller. Why are other ST guys hitting max boost at?

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
Check all boost lines. I had mine spiking once because a banjo bolt on the gate came loose. You could also not have the reference line plugged in, or it could be a number of things. Start with checking lines first.

Reactions: RuskiRacer

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
What do you have your gain set at on the gfb? You could have a minor boost leak double check your coupler connections and double check your wastegate lines it's common for them to blow off if not properly secured

Julian1992

Lurker
Jan 22, 2020
Hello.
drive a speedtech kit with precision 6266jb, tial wastegate, motiv boostbox, vrsf 7.5, ... have full boost pressure at 3400rpm

noorj

Corporal
Jul 12, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ride
'07 E90 335i
how do you have the boost controller solenoid plumbed? direct boost to bottom of wastegates and the outlet of the solenoid to the top? either way a boost leak check would be a good idea

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
699AA547-9B38-4DEA-87C8-839AC3928337.png

this is how I have it Plummed my fitting is screwed in on the very bottom of the wastegate (closes to the ground but screwed in top hole) both are T and routed to MAC and both side ports T off to go straight to turbo and then T again to other port of Mac.

As for as the Gains settings I put it all the way at 100 and it really doesn’t do anything or actually seemed to make it worse and lazier. I checked all boost lines and everything looks good by eyeball test. I’m going to take apart fittings and add some sealant thread locker and re do everything just to make sure for minor leaks. Hopefully it fixes something I can’t see.

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
Check all boost lines. I had mine spiking once because a banjo bolt on the gate came loose. You could also not have the reference line plugged in, or it could be a number of things. Start with checking lines first.
What do you have your gain set at on the gfb? You could have a minor boost leak double check your coupler connections and double check your wastegate lines it's common for them to blow off if not properly secured
how do you have the boost controller solenoid plumbed? direct boost to bottom of wastegates and the outlet of the solenoid to the top? either way a boost leak check would be a good idea
Look above.. replied to everyone thanks guys.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
It's sometimes easier to take off the lines from the Mac and blow into them and if you can hear a leak then you may have found your issue but if your gain is set at 100 and it's not doing anything bring it back down to a reasonable amount I only have mine set at 10 and I'm seeing full boost lastest at 4k and we have pretty much the same setup. Let us know what you find out it has to be a simple issue. You can unplug your boost controller and see if you hit wastegate pressure by 4k then your issue might be with a faulty boost controller

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
It's sometimes easier to take off the lines from the Mac and blow into them and if you can hear a leak then you may have found your issue but if your gain is set at 100 and it's not doing anything bring it back down to a reasonable amount I only have mine set at 10 and I'm seeing full boost lastest at 4k and we have pretty much the same setup. Let us know what you find out it has to be a simple issue. You can unplug your boost controller and see if you hit wastegate pressure by 4k then your issue might be with a faulty boost controller
Okay I will try to do this today and see if I hear anything and also test waste-gate pressure to see if I’m spooling earlier. Really think it could be a faulty controller? Have you heard of this before? that would suck

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
My friend had a gfb 3 that would not power up his 4 Port Mac he swapped it out with a new one and it started working. The way to know if your boost controller is powering the Mac is you should hear the Mac buzz .but he had a tee off his wastegate come undone and I fixed the watsegate tees and hoseclamped them for him anyways and he had a small boost leak so he had alot of issues

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
when you say reference line like the boost controller line? i have it T off to the boost controller where it connects to the intake manifold

Julian1992

Lurker
Jan 22, 2020
did you connect your mac valve correctly?

the muffler must be in front

Attachments

• 3109D5D9-EC87-41C6-B957-C2AE548A97E0.jpeg
    3109D5D9-EC87-41C6-B957-C2AE548A97E0.jpeg
    443.9 KB · Views: 103

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
i have the MAC PORT 2 running to the wastegate that is correct? did you block the unused port with something?

The way he has his setup is correct. What you see is the filter.

Whats you overboost set at on the gfb? Could be overboosting even if its not setup.

I didnt see if you answered, when you turn the gfb on can you hear the mac buzz? Itll sound like a rattle.

Do you have your reference line directly to the compressor outlet and NOT a vacuum? All the plugs are in the wastegate? No leaks?

I would do a dedicated intake manifold reference to the boost controller. And a direct line to the mac. Mhd for me reads about 2lb higher up top in boost since its pre throttle body.

MoistNapkin

Corporal
May 25, 2019
Ride
08 135i
Did the fire ring in your wastegate come out? Or did you perhaps forget to put it in?

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020

Whats you overboost set at on the gfb? Could be overboosting even if its not setup.

I didnt see if you answered, when you turn the gfb on can you hear the mac buzz? Itll sound like a rattle.

Do you have your reference line directly to the compressor outlet and NOT a vacuum? All the plugs are in the wastegate? No leaks?

I would do a dedicated intake manifold reference to the boost controller. And a direct line to the mac. Mhd for me reads about 2lb higher up top in boost since its pre throttle body.
Here is my Mac, when I turn the ignition come on and my boost controller powers on I come listen closely but don’t hear no buzzing or anything. But don’t understand because I am still able to adjust duty on boost controller and adjust boost. Is my Mac not turning on?

Attachments

• E9293C32-CB12-4C9B-B976-118516E06E48.jpeg
    E9293C32-CB12-4C9B-B976-118516E06E48.jpeg
    398.5 KB · Views: 112

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020

My reference line to my boost controller is T off right before my intake manfoild and yes I have overboost set higher like 22.5 pounds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 90

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
Here is my Mac, when I turn the ignition come on and my boost controller powers on I come listen closely but don’t hear no buzzing or anything. But don’t understand because I am still about to adjust duty on boost controller and adjust boost. Is my Mac not turning on?
Sounds like its a dead mac then..if youre close to Illinois i got like 2 or 3 3 port macs i dont need. also, id grab a 1/8 npt drill a hole and do a direct reference dont tee it. Less chance of issues.

Also, if you can i would re route and dei heat shield your lines to the front. I wouldn't run them by the downpipe like that.

If youre gonna order a new mac go 4 port. And if you can spare 80 bucks do 1/4 compression. Less chance of leaks, melted rubber etc.
20200419_183738.jpg

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
Sounds like its a dead mac then..if youre close to Illinois i got like 2 or 3 3 port macs i dont need. also, id grab a 1/8 npt drill a hole and do a direct reference dont tee it. Less chance of issues.

Also, if you can i would re route and dei heat shield your lines to the front. I wouldn't run them by the downpipe like that.

If youre gonna order a new mac go 4 port. And if you can spare 80 bucks do 1/4 compression. Less chance of leaks, melted rubber etc. View attachment 36956
That setup looks nice. And I just realized yes I turned my boost controller on and my Mac buzzes for a few seconds then stops. Is that normal or is it suppose to keep buzzing?