New n54 Intake manifold to enter the market.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
We are adding a little more bend to the tube to allow adequate clearance between the plenum and the factory strut brace to allow to run a phenolic gasket without issue this way the plenum will sit a little lower, about 10mm

Reactions: The Convert

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
If you are spending the money a phenolic intake spacer seems like a no brainer. No reason to have a hot intake manifold if you can avoid it with just a gasket. The gains are small but if you are going this far/spending this much why not, it is small money.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Very true but it introduces another possible leak.

I personally don't run one but thats up to the individual and I'm making it so you can if you choose to.

Boorda

Corporal
Jul 15, 2018
Royse City, TX
futemire.com
Ride
328xi, 335xi M Sport
Any noticeable difference in average IAT?

BMW uses an engineered thermoplastic created by DuPont called ZYTEL.
It is engineered to reduce heat saturation and resist aggressive coolants and exhaust gasses.
I would assume the aluminum intake would run a little hotter.

Other than that, your manifold is a work of art.
I can appreciate the amount of time and effort you have put into this. :cool:

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Any noticeable difference in average IAT?

BMW uses an engineered thermoplastic created by DuPont called ZYTEL.
It is engineered to reduce heat saturation and resist aggressive coolants and exhaust gasses.
I would assume the aluminum intake would run a little hotter.

Other than that, your manifold is a work of art.
I can appreciate the amount of time and effort you have put into this. :cool:

No noticable higher than usual Iat's due to the monster IC I run with 3 inch inlet and outlet

I'm not going to lie the manifold can get hot but it doesn't have any ill effect on my tune, if anything it runs better and I get far less timing drops if any even on 93 with 10 to 15 % Ethanol.

I ran with and without the phenolic gasket in 100f+ temps and there was absolutely no difference in power or logs but i run very safe tunes and not on the ragged edge like some.

The fabricator gets back on Monday and we begin production on the final revision and should be shipping out early Feb.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torgus and Boorda

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
What would you estimate the cost range to be on this for someone in the US once it’s finished and for sale?

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I cant post pricing yet as I'm not a sponsor due to it not being finished and untested by an independent.

Once done, I'll be doing a volume discounted pre order something along the lines of the xclutch but with incentives.

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
Nice goal. Will an N54 need to have built internals and a modified head to achieve 1000HP?

For sure. My motor and head are fully built. Every upgrade option that existed was chosen, no budget.

I'm hoping I've got the right combination of parts to make it happen. I've decided that I'll be happy with 900+ hp, but really hoping to crack the 1k mark.

Ive got a great team of guys getting the car put together now. Hopefully I'll see some results here in the next month or two.

Only thing that worries me is traction once this is all done. I'm casually looking at widebody options now so that I can stuff more tire under the car.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
For sure. My motor and head are fully built. Every upgrade option that existed was chosen, no budget.

I'm hoping I've got the right combination of parts to make it happen. I've decided that I'll be happy with 900+ hp, but really hoping to crack the 1k mark.

Ive got a great team of guys getting the car put together now. Hopefully I'll see some results here in the next month or two.

Only thing that worries me is traction once this is all done. I'm casually looking at widebody options now so that I can stuff more tire under the car.
Who built the motor?

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m

I think you will need a single turbo to achieve that goal and take your time running the motor in.

I gave mine 2000miles and lots of heat cycles before I started to turn it up, some will disagree and say you don't need it but the longer you give it the more chance of the motor holding together but I've always built and ran my motors this way and never ever lost one.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

What turbo you planning on running?

Transmission?

I think you will need as much tire as you can get.

Which crank hub fix?

Best of luck!

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
I think you will need a single turbo to achieve that goal and take your time running the motor in.

I gave mine 2000miles and lots of heat cycles before I started to turn it up, some will disagree and say you don't need it but the longer you give it the more chance of the motor holding together but I've always built and ran my motors this way and never ever lost one.

No S/T has hit 1000 yet, and VTT has ecplised 900 already, and let's be honest, those aren't the best turbos the world has ever seen. A good pair of Garrett's could easily reach that high. Hell there's Corvettes making triple that on twins.

You have absolutely no scientific or theoretical evidence that your break in helps. None. I played Russian Roulette 5 times and won, so obviously it's safe.

Last edited:

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
No S/T has hit 1000 yet, and VTT has ecplised 900 already, and let's be honest, those aren't the best turbos the world has ever seen. A good pair of Garrett's could easily reach that high. Hell there's Corvettes making triple that on twins. Take your ignorant shit beliefs somewhere else. In fact, e90post would welcome you with open arms.

you have absolutely no scientific or theoretical evidence that your break in helps. None. Just more stupid statements. I played Russian Roulette 5 times and won, so obviously it's safe.
Yeah, you definitely were never hugged as a child. Also seems like someone forgot to change your diaper a time or two.