Expired NEW PURE N54 UPGRADE TURBOS **NO CORE CHARGE**

Status
Not open for further replies.

inline6xi

Lurker
Apr 30, 2019
Ride
2008 BMW 535xi
Just got car smogged today, so I'll be installing soon. got just about everything I need. I have a 5 series so I'll need to get the e90 rear turbo cooling lines and thats about all I have left to get

Reactions: JoakimT

socaln54

Private
Jul 25, 2018
Ride
535i
Just got car smogged today, so I'll be installing soon. got just about everything I need. I have a 5 series so I'll need to get the e90 rear turbo cooling lines and thats about all I have left to get

where are you located? I also have a e60 and was contemplating this turbos, if you can send me a PM if you don't want to share your location details publicly

JoakimT

May 12, 2019
Ride
Bmw 335i N54
So I finally got my turbos, flywheel and clutch installed. I'm still breaking in the clutch so I haven't gone wot yet but I'm slowly getting there!
When I first got my car back I noticed wastegate rattle at slow acceleration and deceleration between 1-3k rpm which made me a bit nervous. So I flashed the car back to map 0 (mhd) but the rattle was still there. So I reflashed it but used the wastegate rattle fix at 80% and now the rattle is gone! So nice to hear the turbos!
I'm also waiting for my first custom tune from twisted tuning so I'll be back with another update and probably a video later.

socaln54

Private
Jul 25, 2018
Ride
535i
So I finally got my turbos, flywheel and clutch installed. I'm still breaking in the clutch so I haven't gone wot yet but I'm slowly getting there!
When I first got my car back I noticed wastegate rattle at slow acceleration and deceleration between 1-3k rpm which made me a bit nervous. So I flashed the car back to map 0 (mhd) but the rattle was still there. So I reflashed it but used the wastegate rattle fix at 80% and now the rattle is gone! So nice to hear the turbos!
I'm also waiting for my first custom tune from twisted tuning so I'll be back with another update and probably a video later.

Wastegate rattle on brand new turbos?

JoakimT

May 12, 2019
Ride
Bmw 335i N54
Wastegate rattle on brand new turbos?
That's what I thought too but I also knew that it was not due to worn wastegates arms or flappers because they were rock solid, I checked that.
It was the actuator arm being adjusted to tight (or loose?) so the flapper made contact with the metal surface on low load.
The mhd fix makes it open slightly more on idle/low load so I started with the highest value (80%) and it worked. I've seen people with real wg rattle using 20% in mhd fix and still having rattle. But then their wastegates are worn with a lot of play. That is not my case. So the turbos are not in bad shape in any way.
I read many threads about this subject and the reason I went with the mhd fix to adjust the position with was becuase of one of Pures replies.

20190802_062232.jpg

Attachments

• 20190802_062232.jpg
    20190802_062232.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 33

dreptroman

Lurker
Feb 2, 2019
Ride
E93 335i N54
EDIT !!!! I have installed Chinese 16T turbos and failed!!!

I am looking into Pure right now but what is below is about chinese turbos NOT PURE

Well, i have installed them and failed within 3000km.

I got these turbos, got them on, got Wedge Performance 21psi tune on them, worked for almost 3000km and now they turbo siren and make no boost.

5w40Motul oil was used...

Do you think they can be fixed? or should I just start looking for something more serious.

The ebay seller is not even replying to my messages shop.turbo is the seller name so stay away.

They even had in the box some balancing sheet specs for each turbo....probably BS.

Why do you think they failed this soon?

Last edited:

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Well, i have installed them and failed within 3000km.

I got these turbos, got them on, got Wedge Performance 21psi tune on them, worked for almost 3000km and now they turbo siren and make no boost.

5w40Motul oil was used...

Do you think they can be fixed? or should I just start looking for something more serious.

The ebay seller is not even replying to my messages shop.turbo is the seller name so stay away.

They even had in the box some balancing sheet specs for each turbo....probably BS.

Why do you think they failed this soon?

I think you need to move your post - that seller does NOT sell Pure brand turbos. You might have gotten the chickety-china ones that claim to be similar to Pure, but the ones you have are definitely not Pures.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I’m interested in this topic and started a new thread -

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I am wondering if pure was so reliable cause not cast. Vtt stage 2 and alot of other stage 2 were reliable then all the cast ones came out and have issues. Hopefully that's why pure took so long

Reactions: matreyia

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I think you need to move your post - that seller does NOT sell Pure brand turbos. You might have gotten the chickety-china ones that claim to be similar to Pure, but the ones you have are definitely not Pures.
He says in the thread I just started that they’re ebay Chinese turbos. Not Pure.

Last edited:

KAIZZER

Corporal
Feb 13, 2019
New England
Ride
e89 z4 35i, Mk7.5 Gti, 02 Wrx
"Can be installed on Z4 if the chargepipe and rear turbo upper coolant line is converted to LHD 335i." I know this is somewhat self explanatory, but would someone care to elaborate and inform me of what exactly is entailed in this process please. Thanks in advance!

-Reef

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
A guy on YT bought Tomioka Turbos and one of them blew after 1k miles... so there you go folks. I didn't link the video because it's up to him to post.

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
just cranked the boost up on my pure 600s. ~78% duty cycle at 6700 rpm at 30psi. That'll do nicely.

0uX9RyU.png

Last edited:

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
Very interested in these. I’m assuming you like them? What are your supporting mods and fuel?

seem good so far, haven't had em too long. running straight e85 with pi, downpipes, inlets, outlets, etc. stock catback. I need to pull some boost out 4000 and 4500 rpm, it's pushing upwards of 700ftlbs there and this is an auto/xdrive car.

RuleN54

Lurker
Nov 6, 2019
Kansas City
Ride
08 E90 N54
seem good so far, haven't had em too long. running straight e85 with pi, downpipes, inlets, outlets, etc. stock catback. I need to pull some boost out 4000 and 4500 rpm, it's pushing upwards of 700ftlbs there and this is an auto/xdrive car.

Thanks for the reply and please keep us updated since these are so new to the market. I’m assuming you have a hpfp overdrive kit?

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
Thanks for the reply and please keep us updated since these are so new to the market. I’m assuming you have a hpfp overdrive kit?

No, using PI for extra fueling as mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.