Nov 18, 2016
Las Vegas
new_pure_n54_turbo__44867.1550509164.1280.1280.jpg

New PURE N54 Upgrade Turbos

-PURE designed High Flow Turbofold

-PURE High Flow Compressor Housing

-Custom Turbine and Billet Compressor Wheel

-Currently for LHD 335i only

-Can be installed on 135/535/Z4/RHD335 if the chargepipe and rear turbo upper coolant line is converted to LHD 335i

-These will not work with OEM stock inlets. Aftermarket stock sized or 2" inlet kit is required.

497whp on 93 Pump Gas Only!

n54-cast-dd-pump-gas-1.jpg

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Does this mean the world's most knowledgeable turbo vendor is the ONLY, EVER reputable twin vendor 2x as much now? I mean, any cast parts mean the whole turbo is a Chinese knock off choo choo correct?

All jokes aside, I'm glad to see this as an offering and congrats are due to the Pure guys. Personally I wish more vendors would go with a Vband option rather than one piece turbo/manifolds so that everyone gets to save time and/or money on turbo swaps or upgrades if they want and it'd benefit the vendors too as they'd get to sell two sets of turbos to a larger amount of customers, but I think this is a step in a very good direction for multiple reasons.

Hopefully now we'll be seeing some more Pure cars hit hith 600s as well, the more twin cars on the road the merrier imo!

Lexxan

Nov 6, 2016
Delran, NJ
What do the charts on the bottom say for the best run? 497.45whp/647.88tq? That can't be right, can it? Next to impossible to read.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
What do the charts on the bottom say for the best run? 497.45whp/647.88tq? That can't be right, can it? Next to impossible to read.
On TD03 turbos and California pump gas that sounds about right tbh. You either need bigger turbos or meth to break that 500 threshold if you're sticking with pump gas.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I think he's questioning the 650 ft lbs of torque.

Now that Pure has gone chinaframe, how long before RB has no choice but to do so.

Reactions: aus335iguy

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
Thanks.

Did you guys test these turbos?

No, extremely likely not. He is simply a guy who lives a state or two away from VTT and represents them online by streamlining assertions originated from the owner of the company to make them more "acceptable" to the masses. Meanwhile their offerings are still blowing up literally weekly, its like dude pull the plug already until you get it right.

Rob

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: twinturbos

colo_evo

Corporal
Jun 6, 2017
Ride
E90 335i MT
Somebody needs to figure out how to put stock r35 gtr turbos onto the n54 turbofolds. Oem reliability with 600+/600+ power potential... I'd pay a for those.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
How do these compare to the GC Lites?

While this is a new offering for the market from Pure, the cast manifold not N54 turbos, they are known for their reliability and dependability. So, while still new, you can assume they will be significantly more reliable than anything from VTT/MMP, which is what is most important given the labor/cost to install turbos.

If you want high HP a single is really the way to go. Twins have their place.

• Agree
Reactions: Rob@RBTurbo

colo_evo

Corporal
Jun 6, 2017
Ride
E90 335i MT
While this is a new offering for the market from Pure, the cast manifold not N54 turbos, they are known for their reliability and dependability. So, while still new, you can assume they will be significantly more reliable than anything from VTT/MMP which is what is most important given the labor/cost to install turbos.

I'm more interested in spool. If you're building an n54 as a drag/roll race car you need your head examined, much better platforms out there.

There is just way to much money in each company sourcing out or making there own internals for them to go this route.

But the consensus is there is no aftermarket twins available that are reliable, right? The gtr turbos live 100k miles on higher boost levels on bigger displacement engines. Plus people are pretty much giving them away when they upgrade.

BSimmi15

Private
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
BMW 335xi e92 MT
Hey XPH,

This is very intriguing, but to be honest the lack of technical data is a little underwhelming especially for Pure and their current offerings for N54.

Also, why haven't they released anything about this on any of their platforms(IG, Facebook, Forums, etc)?
Is this the Hi-Flow Turbo model but with a cast manifold?
Is it even bigger than their Hi-Flow Turbos?

I am a numbers guy so I like to digest information before I make a move. What other information can you supply other than pump gas results which are very nice by the way!! :) Very curious to hear more about this offer!

Thanks,

Bsimmi15

Reactions: Jeffman

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
While this is a new offering for the market from Pure, the cast manifold not N54 turbos, they are known for their reliability and dependability. So, while still new, you can assume they will be significantly more reliable than anything from VTT/MMP, which is what is most important given the labor/cost to install turbos.

I dont think MMP has very many failure issues with their turbos any more, at least not that I've seen. Plenty of people run them at high boost levels for quite a significant amount of miles and are either happy or go single turbo if their goals change.
Hey XPH,

This is very intriguing, but to be honest the lack of technical data is a little underwhelming especially for Pure and their current offerings for N54.

Also, why haven't they released anything about this on any of their platforms(IG, Facebook, Forums, etc)?
Is this the Hi-Flow Turbo model but with a cast manifold?
Is it even bigger than their Hi-Flow Turbos?

I am a numbers guy so I like to digest information before I make a move. What other information can you supply other than pump gas results which are very nice by the way!! :) Very curious to hear more about this offer!

Thanks,

Bsimmi15
These are literally just Stage 2 turbos in Cast form. You can do the DD option for that $2200 price or for $600 more get the hi flows and 2" snout from the looks of it. Pure has never released actual specs on their turbos.

Lexxan

Nov 6, 2016
Delran, NJ
I dont think MMP has very many failure issues with their turbos any more, at least not that I've seen. Plenty of people run them at high boost levels for quite a significant amount of miles and are either happy or go single turbo if their goals change.

These are literally just Stage 2 turbos in Cast form. You can do the DD option for that $2200 price or for $600 more get the hi flows and 2" snout from the looks of it. Pure has never released actual specs on their turbos.

So MMP Stage 3 is essentially comparable to New Pure hi-flows? Both should do ~500 on pump and up to ~700 on e85/meth?

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT

If you consider 17k miles "a significant amount of miles", sure. My MMP front turbine wheel exploded at 17k. Coated my whole exhaust in oil and the whole 9 yards.

That and the whole "out of CHRAs" 2 month warranty turnaround nonsense just left a poor taste in my mouth. And don't get me started on any of MMP's injectors.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Plenty of people run them at high boost levels for quite a significant amount of miles and are either happy or go single turbo if their goals change.

You mean they don't make 400-1000HP as claimed?! Shocking ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.