Expired NEW PURE N54 UPGRADE TURBOS **NO CORE CHARGE**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxan

Nov 6, 2016
Delran, NJ
Chinese doesn't automatically mean bad but public relations is everything.

Right now I'm stuck between buying the Pure 700's and a single kit. It's a hard choice because I would like to have more information than "they exist" and two cropped, blurry dyno sheets.

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
Chinese doesn't automatically mean bad but public relations is everything.

Right now I'm stuck between buying the Pure 700's and a single kit. It's a hard choice because I would like to have more information than "they exist" and two cropped, blurry dyno sheets.
I was stuck considering the same thing but then pure came out with the cheap 700s which are basically half the price of a single so i just went with it.

Reactions: Lexxan

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
I was stuck considering the same thing but then pure came out with the cheap 700s which are basically half the price of a single so i just went with it.
Sorry guys I basically just changed my mind thanks to this thread and the fact that I know I would regret it long term. I switched to the docrace 6266 BB. Good luck to those of you who are going this route.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Sorry guys I basically just changed my mind thanks to this thread and the fact that I know I would regret it long term. I switched to the docrace 6266 BB. Good luck to those of you who are going this route.

You know, if Pure would just sacrifice one set of these and cut them in half to show true inner diameter and internal surface smoothness quality, I think more people would take a chance on trying them.

Rob from RB cut some chinese cast units in half to show they were actually smaller inner diameter than advertised. That was all the proof I needed to be more cautious and do more research beforenpulling the trigger on upgraded turbos.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

Lexxan

Nov 6, 2016
Delran, NJ
You know, if Pure would just sacrifice one set of these and cut them in half to show true inner diameter and internal surface smoothness quality, I think more people would take a chance on trying them.

Rob from RB cut some chinese cast units in half to show they were actually smaller inner diameter than advertised. That was all the proof I needed to be more cautious and do more research beforenpulling the trigger on upgraded turbos.

The only reason I haven’t brought anything at all yet is because the only data on these so far is two fuzzy dyno charts. I would love to go with them and be able to do an LSD at the same time but if nothing happens I’m just going to get a single.

Reactions: matreyia

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
any update on these?

I thnk I am going get the Steamspeed turbos that use the same cast as the CG but custom usa built innards. Spools like CG lites but with big power. I been in touch with a dealer in Washington that has a channel on youtube showing dyno stuff.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I thnk I am going get the Steamspeed turbos that use the same cast as the CG but custom usa built innards. Spools like CG lites but with big power. I been in touch with a dealer in Washington that has a channel on youtube showing dyno stuff.
I would be careful of claims like that cause usually you can't get one without giving up the other so same spool is same power. Yes you can improve with better quality and so on but gc lites aren't using garbage internals and make big power already so if your looking for bigger power you should expect less response.

island road

Corporal
Nov 21, 2016
Boston
Ride
535xiT 2010 M Sport

SteamSpeed what is this a locomotive company....

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I would be careful of claims like that cause usually you can't get one without giving up the other so same spool is same power. Yes you can improve with better quality and so on but gc lites aren't using garbage internals and make big power already so if your looking for bigger power you should expect less response.

I agree, but so far there have been identical claims from users in the washington area...we shall see when I review them this year.

It does not help that CG gen2 are not for sale anymore...not a good sign. The frustrating thing is nobody...including pure and Steamspeed has posted any reviews or dynos for the n54.

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
I agree, but so far there have been identical claims from users in the washington area...we shall see when I review them this year.

It does not help that CG gen2 are not for sale anymore...not a good sign. The frustrating thing is nobody...including pure and Steamspeed has posted any reviews or dynos for the n54.

When did they pull them? They are still listed on the VTT website and show on stock.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5

You mean gc right making sure I not missing different turbo.

May 27, 2019
Ride
2010 n54 e90
Thanks... let me see something. You know what's weird why the 3 series dont have hybrid or TD04 Borg Warner upgrade. I mean you would think our upgrades would have better quality turbos. But I understand from a business stand point... the use of Chinese made products. Cutting cost is a must to a business surviving today. I know Chinese mass produce consumer products... but I will not jump on the bandwagon I say ALL Chinese products are garbage. I feel if your using Chinese made turbine frames or whatever your turbos should not be to expensive. Some of these aftermarket turbo kits are way to much. If I can purchase a frakenturbo 21bi upgrade with metal outlets for 1500 and get the same power level as say pure 600 and last as long then godamnit it's a no brainer. I have a 2010 335i e90 I just bought 1 month ago in good shape. I've been researching companies throughly and yes some are up pricing the same damn product as their competitors at a 20 to 50 percent price increase. Cause the n54 community has blow them up. I look for quality and reliability not popular. Also I know as a car enthusiast for many years price doesnt signify quality.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Thanks... let me see something. You know what's weird why the 3 series dont have hybrid or TD04 Borg Warner upgrade. I mean you would think our upgrades would have better quality turbos. But I understand from a business stand point... the use of Chinese made products. Cutting cost is a must to a business surviving today. I know Chinese mass produce consumer products... but I will not jump on the bandwagon I say ALL Chinese products are garbage. I feel if your using Chinese made turbine frames or whatever your turbos should not be to expensive. Some of these aftermarket turbo kits are way to much. If I can purchase a frakenturbo 21bi upgrade with metal outlets for 1500 and get the same power level as say pure 600 and last as long then godamnit it's a no brainer. I have a 2010 335i e90 I just bought 1 month ago in good shape. I've been researching companies throughly and yes some are up pricing the same damn product as their competitors at a 20 to 50 percent price increase. Cause the n54 community has blow them up. I look for quality and reliability not popular. Also I know as a car enthusiast for many years price doesnt signify quality.

It is really unfortunate that buyers are forced to keep quiet being held ransom by the turbo companies warranty stipulations. It's a racket in the end and we the people suffer due to dishonest turbo companies. I have yet to see serious long term turbo reviews from any company, whether it's Vargas, Pure, MMP, Steamspeed etc... there are only a rare few short term anecdotes and that's it. But if you PM some of these buyers, you find out there is a darkness behind it all and we in the front of the curtains remain totally ignorant of the reality.

I tried emailing MMP and got zero response. I wanted to ask them if their gen 2 stage 2 turbos were upgraded blades from the gen 1 blades that kept blowing up.... totally honest question and got zero reply...so I won't be dealing with those guys anymore. Steamspeed turbos literally have ZERO info in the ether and no reviews at all...and PURE Cast N54 has a fuzzy chart... are these people serious? At this rate, I should just stop my upgrades and when my turbos go out, just get new stock ones... Seriously feel like saying to all of them, "Fuck off" and just find another make and model to invest upgrades on.

Steamspeed and Tomioka Turbos do not even have the waste gate arms...I guess you are supposed to reuse your old waste gate arms and canisters... and they don't even say it anywhere in the sales pages... wtf??? What kind of shit is this?

May 27, 2019
Ride
2010 n54 e90
It is really unfortunate that buyers are forced to keep quiet being held ransom by the turbo companies warranty stipulations. It's a racket in the end and we the people suffer due to dishonest turbo companies. I have yet to see serious long term turbo reviews from any company, whether it's Vargas, Pure, MMP, Steamspeed etc... there are only a rare few short term anecdotes and that's it. But if you PM some of these buyers, you find out there is a darkness behind it all and we in the front of the curtains remain totally ignorant of the reality.

I tried emailing MMP and got zero response. I wanted to ask them if their gen 2 stage 2 turbos were upgraded blades from the gen 1 blades that kept blowing up.... totally honest question and got zero reply...so I won't be dealing with those guys anymore. Steamspeed turbos literally have ZERO info in the ether and no reviews at all...and PURE Cast N54 has a fuzzy chart... are these people serious? At this rate, I should just stop my upgrades and when my turbos go out, just get new stock ones... Seriously feel like saying to all of them, "Fuck off" and just find another make and model to invest upgrades on.

Steamspeed and Tomioka Turbos do not even have the waste gate arms...I guess you are supposed to reuse your old waste gate arms and canisters... and they don't even say it anywhere in the sales pages... wtf??? What kind of shit is this?
Yea I was looking at tomioka turbos that is B.S they dont reveal that at all. And most of the time your mechanic or tuner might not even mention it after installing them. So in most of these turbo companies warranty stipulations you cant report online the turbo failures? I didnt know MMP have stage or stage 2... on their website all I see is stage 3 and 1k. The stage 3 has been doing pretty well but few results on the 1k turbos though. Here in 3 to five months I will make my decision on my twin turbo upgrade. But as of now... I'm totally everywhere lol. Leaning more towards MMP 1K or stage 3. Hell even frakenturbo f21bi with their metal outlets for 1500 WITH A 2 YEAR WARRANTY. Cant beat that plus I will send my stock twins to be upgraded by K-POP shop who deals with high quality parts and basically they are connected with Borg Warner. And might I add... WHY ISN'T A A UPGRADE BORG WARNER TWIN KIT!? I also have a John cooper works on stage 3 with upgraded Borg Warner. Borg Warner are standard on John cooper works. My opinion is BORG WARNER TURBOS ARE THE BEST

Status
Not open for further replies.