Expired NEW PURE N54 UPGRADE TURBOS **NO CORE CHARGE**

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev210

Corporal
Feb 24, 2019
Ride
335i - 08 Coupe .
Getting thread back on track.......Pure have a strong reputation for quality. It will be interesting to see how the cast setup effects power delivery on E85 and higher boost. Looks like it wont be far off the orignial stg2s. My car has had Stg2s on for years. Stage 2's have enough power potential to run 131+mph terminal 1/4 mile, in a full weight AT car at 24psi. Enough to break lots of things. To be honest the cost of supporting the power these turbos can make is many times the cost of the turbos , regardless of which brand you get. I think alot of these threads are spending too much time on which turbo/s (its like some sort of weird N54 owner hang up) and not enough on what is actually the goal. Want to run 10s 1/4 , 180+mph 1/2 miles , roll racing or cut crazy track times, you will need to figure alot out.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Getting thread back on track.......Pure have a strong reputation for quality. It will be interesting to see how the cast setup effects power delivery on E85 and higher boost. Looks like it wont be far off the orignial stg2s. My car has had Stg2s on for years. Stage 2's have enough power potential to run 131+mph terminal 1/4 mile, in a full weight AT car at 24psi. Enough to break lots of things. To be honest the cost of supporting the power these turbos can make is many times the cost of the turbos , regardless of which brand you get. I think alot of these threads are spending too much time on which turbo/s (its like some sort of weird N54 owner hang up) and not enough on what is actually the goal. Want to run 10s 1/4 , 180+mph 1/2 miles , roll racing or cut crazy track times, you will need to figure alot out.
Exactly youbpick your brand off reliability as long as they support your goal. Next is wheel size. Every other platform you pick everything and have all specs n54 most dont even state the ar. Anyway point being is all vendors are using the same design lmao so pick who you feel comfortable with. They have all had record numbers at points but in reality for a daily going cast will prob give little more headroom with your fuel but not gonna change glory numbers much. And Alex you have passion for the sport I have nothing against you I actually liked you I just want make sure someone doesnt think they are at half power cause the pures showed 40 on their base table lol. This is the internet after all.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I don't think he abuses his car like that, but who buys after market turbos to drive like a granny?
From what I can tell, a lot of people that don't have money and try and spend as little as they can and generate as much horsepower as they can on largely worn-out equipment, and then blame the vendors or the car platform is being crap. But then again I may be a little bit jaded from all the Facebook group posts :tearsofjoy:.

Filippo

inline6xi

Lurker
Apr 30, 2019
Ride
2008 BMW 535xi
I ordered the pure600 cast upgrade turbos. was mainly looking for reliability and 500whp. thinking about throwing them on the balance machine at work and faro arming the wheels. would be cool if I could get my hands on chinese wheels to compare

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I ordered the pure600 cast upgrade turbos. was mainly looking for reliability and 500whp. thinking about throwing them on the balance machine at work and faro arming the wheels. would be cool if I could get my hands on chinese wheels to compare
That would be awesome very curious to see if they run are balanced very well and that's the only reason pure has great reliability vs some others

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93

They are 600 to 700 and you only want 500? Why didn't you get lower power units if this is your goal?

inline6xi

Lurker
Apr 30, 2019
Ride
2008 BMW 535xi
They are 600 to 700 and you only want 500? Why didn't you get lower power units if this is your goal?

Honestly I'm going off of a blurry Dyno chart that says 498 how on pump gas. I'm not planning on running any port injection. Given the bold claims I figured 500whp would be a reasonable expectation, but regardless I don't know if anyone publishes compressor maps for these n54 turbos so I could properly size them in the first place. It makes me wonder dude.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Honestly I'm going off of a blurry Dyno chart that says 498 how on pump gas. I'm not planning on running any port injection. Given the bold claims I figured 500whp would be a reasonable expectation, but regardless I don't know if anyone publishes compressor maps for these n54 turbos so I could properly size them in the first place. It makes me wonder dude.

Then when you install and test them and report real world impressions, you will be doing the entire community a great service. If these companies won't reveal real world performance for we, the community, then we will report them as we test their products.

You do the Pure cast new ones, I will do the Steamspeed cast turbos. Then follow up after 5k, 10k, thru 50k miles.

Reactions: Rob09msport

JoakimT

May 12, 2019
Ride
Bmw 335i N54
I'll be installing my pure600 cast in about a month together with a couple of other upgrades so I will write my impressions here then. Hopefully with a dyno chart too.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
From what I can tell, a lot of people that don't have money and try and spend as little as they can and generate as much horsepower as they can on largely worn-out equipment, and then blame the vendors or the car platform is being crap. But then again I may be a little bit jaded from all the Facebook group posts :tearsofjoy:.

Filippo

I agree. I hate when someone acts all puffed up just because he bought a BMW...meanwhile, the s.o.b. is a poor ass cheapskate who complains about how much the oil or gas costs. Then they don't even buy proper parts...wasting money on eBay crap and then complaining about it later.

Reactions: JoakimT

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I was just looking at edf jets and a prop rtr plane popped up on Amazon for 54 dollars. It had few good reviews and then a 1 star paragraph review complaining that it was built cheap and one little bump crash broke the prop lmao. First thing I thought of is the n54 platform. People dont follow instructions aka walnut blast, injectors good etc then buy cheap stuff and blame the cheap stuff. When on other platforms it's common knowledge summit generics and Ebay parts require modification but can work fine. BMW for some reason turbo hot parts are supposed to be bolt on with perfect clearance. That's why shit so expensive. Half the complaints if you tried on sn95 or fox you would be laughed at.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
The problem is that while many ebay parts work fine, most of the purchasers are limited in money and knowledge. Combine those two, and it's a recipe for disaster. Most people that have the money buy brand name parts and pay for install, thus avoiding those issues. There is a small but growing group (just look at Sloppy Mechanics) that uses cheap no name parts but has the knowledge to do things right - they are the ones that save big.

Reactions: Rob09msport

JoakimT

May 12, 2019
Ride
Bmw 335i N54
Got my twins today! Here are some pictures.

JoakimT

May 12, 2019
Ride
Bmw 335i N54
No not yet unfortunately. I'll have to wait until next tuesday.
I will be installing the Spec stage 2+ at the same time so I have to baby it for some time after install :sleeping:

Status
Not open for further replies.