New Fuel-It! Stage 2 Bucketless LPFP

Davidwarren

Corporal
Nov 6, 2016
Louisville
Got mine installed in about 45 minutes. hardest part was the vent clip. Very easy. I didn't have any trouble bending both ends of the cotter pins with needle nose pliers. Not sure if my old LPFP was on its way out, or the higher flow compensates for an old HPFP, but my cold starts are much faster now. Previously could crank for 5-6+ times before starting. Now it fires right up.

Reactions: doublespaces

Dave@Fuel-It!

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
IL
Got mine installed in about 45 minutes. hardest part was the vent clip. Very easy. I didn't have any trouble bending both ends of the cotter pins with needle nose pliers. Not sure if my old LPFP was on its way out, or the higher flow compensates for an old HPFP, but my cold starts are much faster now. Previously could crank for 5-6+ times before starting. Now it fires right up.

Thanks for your feedback!

Are you planning on turning things up a bit??? :)

Davidwarren

Corporal
Nov 6, 2016
Louisville
Thanks for your feedback!

Are you planning on turning things up a bit??? :)
I'm considering the MHD flexfuel product when it comes out. But my main concern was just fueling limitations of the stock pump on road courses. I've had a couple times where I've gotten some fueling codes after 30+ minutes on track. Not sure if it was the LPFP or the HP, but might as well do the easy upgrade first.

Nosrok

Private
Jan 31, 2017
I have a stage 2 bucketless and love how easy it was to install. It took longer to remove that fuel tank lid, WD40 under the tabs helped a lot. Will i be able to add on the "Stage 4" to the current bucketless bracket.

Reactions: doublespaces

Dave@Fuel-It!

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
IL
I have a stage 2 bucketless and love how easy it was to install. It took longer to remove that fuel tank lid, WD40 under the tabs helped a lot. Will i be able to add on the "Stage 4" to the current bucketless bracket.

Thanks for the feedback, and glad you are enjoying it.

Going to stage 4 bucketless will be a pretty extensive upgrade, but you will be able to add on ;)

Davidwarren

Corporal
Nov 6, 2016
Louisville
So, without a sock, you get fuel cutout around half (EDIT: make that 3/4) a tank on the track. Gonna get the sock I guess!

Last edited:

COTT3series

Private
Mar 1, 2017
Ride
2008 BMW 535xi, 2007 BMW 335i.
Nice! I'll be keeping an eye on this!

Hey All,

We've been doing quite a bit of R&D lately, working on a lot of products and finally got everything in for our new Stage 2 bucketless LPFP. In this thread we'll be publishing videos, install procedures, and options.

*Stage 2 Bucketless Standard Version now available here:
http://www.fuel-it.biz/e-series-135i-and-335i-stage-2-bucketless-lpfp-upgrade/
View attachment 1251

*Update: Stage 2 Bucketless Assembly Video*

To start with, here is a brief video overview of the pump assembly and a side by side comparison with our standard Stage 2 pump.

Most are going to ask why we developed this and what the pros and cons are over our current Stage 2.

There were two reasons for this development:

First, and foremost we wanted to provide more flow and better pressures. As you can see in the video we increased flows by approximately 27%. Second, we wanted to eliminate the need to modify the stock bucket and the hassle of core deposits or DIY projects.

Stage 2 bucketless accomplishes all of those by enabling you to order a true plug and play assembly with no modifications or core exchange and achieve greater flows. This allows you to return to stock at any time should you decide to sell the car or take it to the dealer for service.

Our Stage 2 bucketless assembly will include a standard filter. With this filter in our testing you can run the fuel down to 1/16 of a tank and still be able to do full throttle pulls without fuel starvation issues. We were then able to run the tank down to zero miles showing but hard accelerations would lead to fuel starvation. Normal accelerations and casual driving was not an issue. The cost for this option will be $399.95 and we will begin taking orders on Monday Dec. 19th.

Here is a video testing with the standard filter and the tank showing empty. We did 3 accelerations like this with the tank showing empty before we ran in to fuel starvation issues.

In addition to this option we will have 2 other custom filter options that will be available in the next few weeks.

Option 1
This filter is for those that run their tank in low fuel conditions while still doing hard pulls and full throttle accelerations. Price to be determined once the production run has been completed.

Option 2
This filter will be for those canyon carvers or road course guys (and gals) that do a lot of cornering under low fuel conditions. If you're a track person this will be the filter we'll recommend for you. Price to be determined after the production run is completed. We will have the first batch of these filters in next week.

T-Style/"Option 2" Demonstration:

As always, thank you for your continued support!

Dave@Fuel-It!

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
IL
What about a stg 3 bucketless? Any plans? Currently on your stg 2, but was looking to upgrade this year to a stg 3.

I guess ask and you shall receive ;):D;)

IMG_7060.JPG

Reactions: Bmac