NFL - Which team do you root for?

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Still rooting for the New England Patriots.

To win how many more superbowls before the GOAT retires?

Some fun stats:

In the Patriots’ last three Super Bowl wins, they’ve outscored opponents in the fourth quarter & overtime 49-0.

Tom Brady in 9 Super Bowls (6-3 record): 256/390 (65.6 Cmp%), 2,838 Yds, 18 TD, 6 INT, 96.1 Rate.

16 game average: 455/693 (65.6 cmp%), 5,045 Yds, 32 TD, 11 INT, 96.1 Rate.

This is against literally the best the NFC's teams. Just insane. You would expect the numbers to be much lower.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
To win how many more superbowls before the GOAT retires?

Some fun stats:

In the Patriots’ last three Super Bowl wins, they’ve outscored opponents in the fourth quarter & overtime 49-0.

Tom Brady in 9 Super Bowls (6-3 record): 256/390 (65.6 Cmp%), 2,838 Yds, 18 TD, 6 INT, 96.1 Rate.

16 game average: 455/693 (65.6 cmp%), 5,045 Yds, 32 TD, 11 INT, 96.1 Rate.

This is against literally the best the NFC's teams. Just insane. You would expect the numbers to be much lower.

If Tom went to a shitty team, like the Browns or the Cardinals or the Niners, do you think they would play in Superbowl next year? The answer there is no and the other point to make, is that is where the best QB's get sent, the worst fucking team with the highest draft pick often with little to no chance of ever developing, often in an organization that doesn't know its head from tail, in turmoil. Also, its the Patriots, its like going to play for the Warriors.

With that said, do I think he is the GOAT? Yes, but I make that judgement based sole on his accolades. Do I think he is the most skilled quarterback of all time? No. I think the stars aligned for a very good quarterback and he deserves to bask in the glory. But Lets not make his 5 yard passes on one of the most talented teams in football, with one of the best head coaches in foot ball(real GOAT) in one of the most stable franchises, out to be too much more than it really is.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
How many hall of fame wide receivers has he had and for how many years? He has moss for what 3? and only 2 of them he performed. Gronk will be a HOF tight end. Not a ton of other offensive HOF players over the years.

What makes Brady the GOAT isn't just the superbowls, he makes less talented players better. Plenty have come to the pats and when here look great, and then when they go to another team they don't produce jack. Same person catching the ball. The Pats do they very well in general on both sides of the ball and yes, you are correct, some of that has to do with coaching.

As an example Peyton Manning had two HOF WRs basically his entire career. If Brady had those two there would be even more superbowl rings and records broken. Other QBs have had better talent during their careers and came up with work records.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
How many hall of fame wide receivers has he had and for how many years? He has moss for what 3? and only 2 of them he performed. Gronk will be a HOF tight end. Not a ton of other offensive HOF players over the years.

What makes Brady the GOAT isn't just the superbowls, he makes less talented players better. Plenty have come to the pats and when here look great, and then when they go to another team they don't produce jack. Same person catching the ball. The Pats do they very well in general on both sides of the ball and yes, you are correct, some of that has to do with coaching.

As an example Peyton Manning had two HOF WRs basically his entire career. If Brady had those two there would be even more superbowl rings and records broken. Other QBs have had better talent during their careers and came up with work records.

We can say what if all day, but the salary cap is there for a reason. Tom has the front office to thank for who he plays with, otherwise he is nothing in a poor organization, as I brought up previously.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
he is nothing in a poor organization, as I brought up previously.

You are saying the Greatest Quarterback of all time would be 'nothing' on a 'bad team', is that what you are saying? I just want it to be clear.

This video was made for you:

If Tom wanted to stack the team he would just take a salary of $1 and the Pats could use his money to get a #1 receiver and go win more super bowls.

Haters gonna hate ;)

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
You are saying the Greatest Quarterback of all time would be 'nothing' on a 'bad team', is that what you are saying? I just want it to be clear.

I am saying that as much as you are saying you like Tom's penis in your ass.

If Tom wanted to stack the team he would just take a salary of $1 and the Pats could use his money to get a #1 receiver and go win more super bowls.

You're right, and if Tom wanted to donate his 2018 salary to the needy he would, but he didn't which means what? Also nothing.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Only one of us is butthurt about a quarterback and it is not me.

Peyton got his records because he had two HOF wide receivers basically his whole career. Period. Brady never had close to the talent peyton did at WR his whole career and still put up amazing numbers. He elevated players and make them look like tier 1 talent and then when they leave the Pat's theybdo not produce shit. See Danny Amendola or Wes Welker as examples.

Haters gonna hate. If/when he gets his 7th you still will try and find a way to knock him down a peg because you have nothing else. He is the GOAT, deal with it. Records you and I will likely never seen broken. His playoff records are just absurd.

Please see:
www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/10/15/16464558/tom-brady-nfl-record-list-most-touchdowns-yards

Records owned by Brady
  • Regular season wins by a starting quarterback (207)
  • Most passing yards, regular season and playoffs (81,693)
  • Most passing touchdowns, postseason included: 590
  • Most touchdowns thrown to different receivers (71)
  • Division titles (16)
  • Playoff games started (40)
  • Playoff wins (30)
  • Playoff touchdown passes (73)
  • Playoff passing yards (11,179)
  • Super Bowl appearances (9)
  • Super Bowl wins (6)
  • Super Bowl MVPs (4)
  • Super Bowl touchdown passes (18)
  • Super Bowl passing yards (2,838)
Too bad Brady did not throw interceptions like Peyton or maybe he could have that record too! Peyton in the top 10 is sad. Poor decision making under pressure.
  • Most interceptions thrown: This isn’t a good record to have, but Brady isn’t even close. He has a little more than half the 336 thrown by Favre and isn’t top 50 all time in the category. No chance.

Edit: you have to remember this is a guy who spent his 1st 5 years on the bench behind a good QB. His numbers and records would be even more insane if he was a starter from day 1. Like insane insane records.

Last edited:
Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i

Peyton got his records because he had two HOF wide receivers basically his whole career. Period. Brady never had close to the talent peyton did at WR his whole career and still put up amazing numbers. He elevated players and make them look like tier 1 talent and then when they leave the Pat's theybdo not produce shit. See Danny Amendola or Wes Welker as examples.

Haters gonna hate. If/when he gets his 7th you still will try and find a way to knock him down a peg because you have nothing else. He is the GOAT, deal with it. Records you and I will likely never seen broken. His playoff records are just absurd.

Please see:
www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/10/15/16464558/tom-brady-nfl-record-list-most-touchdowns-yards

Records owned by Brady
  • Division titles (16)
  • Playoff wins (30)
  • Super Bowl wins (6)
  • Super Bowl MVPs (4)
Too bad Brady did not throw interceptions like Peyton or maybe he could have that record too! Peyton in the top 10 is sad. Poor decision making under pressure.
  • Most interceptions thrown: This isn’t a good record to have, but Brady isn’t even close. He has a little more than half the 336 thrown by Favre and isn’t top 50 all time in the category. No chance.

Edit: you have to remember this is a guy who spent his 1st 5 years on the bench behind a good QB. His numbers and records would be even more insane if he was a starter from day 1. Like insane insane records.

Dude. I don't actually care. Tom is a great quarterback.

Reactions: Torgus

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I take it back. Apparently, no quarterback has had a lower passer rating on pressured throws than Tom since wk 6: 21.2.

Seems like when he doesn't have the roman army in front of him he is not even ordinary. Wouldn't ya know ;)

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
As good or bad as anyone can think Brady is, I truly believe DW4 is better and will be recognized as such. Houston just needs to figure out how to protect him better. There is nothing better than hearing him break down an opponents defense in under 2 minutes.

Plus, he got kicked in the EYE and STILL threw a touchdown pass, then dropped to the ground thinking he lost his eye. Dude is legit, and an all around good guy with good values.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i

Please see:

Records owned by Brady
  • Division titles (16)
  • Playoff wins (30)
  • Super Bowl wins (6)
  • Super Bowl MVPs (4)

Hey look. The goat was massive fail. Put him under the same pressure these other quarterbacks and you've got Joe Blow. Take Tom and put him in another system like the Dolphins and he would not have the career he has. Him being the goat says more about his luck and than his skill.
Givr the guy a mediocre offense one time and he can't even make it out of the wildcard round. The dolphins just beat you for God sakes even with an elite defense.

Brady is made, the goat that actually had a system to show it off. Plenty of QBs that never did.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Right...20 years of luck, not skill. Because that makes sense.

He's a great QB that had the opportunity in one of the best systems in football to acrue those accolades.

Plenty of other QBs who never had a chance, you agree with that at least, right?