Nizpro 6HP21 Upgrade?

Discussion in 'N54' started by doublespaces, Oct 26, 2016.

Trader History (0)
  1. doublespaces

doublespaces Administrator

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
    Over onthe Nizpro blog Simon has left a lengthy update in May on where they are at with their 6HP21 upgrade:

Here is a video of their shop car with billet input and intermediate shafts with billet basket and custom Nizpro frictions with NO software:

We will have to ask @[email protected] about the status, but apparently they have one of the Nizpro transmissions installed and were waiting for the Nizpro technician to come test drive it and make sure it is operating properly.

image_zpsmkmt6gjg.png 49791501466__5DC3E405-BFDE-4FDC-8C8B-B4179F2BFEC9.JPG

The question I have is, this transmission that you guys have, does it have their software tune on it? Or still just the hardware upgrade alone?

2. doublespaces

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
    The dollar is dropping, hopefully this doesn't mean this upgrade will cost us more :(

3. All the cool stuff is happening over seas. :(

4. doublespaces

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
  5. Correct. There are very few shops that will invest in the machines needed to do what ET does. Being that they are a certified OEM transmission refurbishment facility for BMWNA, they are required to have this capability. The key is being able to adequately calibrate the TCU to the new internal hardware, which they do in the loaded transmission dyno cell.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017