OCD Works Billet Valve Cover

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
Scott contacted me to clarify, the weights given are before machining. So those are the raw materials he is talking about. The machine unit will certainly weigh much less. I've updated the article to reflect this.
Why would those weights even be given?? Seems a bit irrelevant... Unless it closely resembles unit weight

Reactions: gmanz89
Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Emissions is the only reason you want vacuum at idle too. No reason you need it other than that.
Um what? This could not be any further from the truth. Remove vacuum at idle from a car like an 2.3L ecoboost, see what happens. I can tell you, its not an increase in emissions. Its oil usage, smoke at idle, etc. You NEVER want pressure in the crankcase EVER. Applying vacuum to the crankcase is beneficial in ALL situations. At idle it allows proper oil draining, venting of crankcase gasses that aren't being pulled by inlet vacuum. Under boost applying vacuum, or at least giving ALL the pressure a place to escape, not only allows the motor to make more power, its easier on all components, and allows proper draining for the turbos. You think people add belt driven vacuum pumps to scavenge the crankcase on big power race cars because it doest't do anything? You should fact check before posting something that is incorrect.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Man....this could be big. Wonder if it will have a vac pump port. Really want to see this thing.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I think it will. They were just busy with PRI. I'll reach out to them again.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
They responded to me today and said they are still working on it, and they are doing cnc programming for the N54 simultaneously. I suppose this means they are programming the CNC as they design it, but I'm not sure.

Reactions: Omar@VaderSolutions

J_hynson

May 29, 2017
Ride
2008 135i
I'm in if it has ports for vacuum as well as a option to get rid of the pcv passageways that aren't used when plugging head

Reactions: doublespaces