OFFICIAL VTT STAGE 2/2+ RELEASE/INTRO PRICING THREAD

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Nice numbers - damn metric system and Newton meters :p.

Any idea what is causing the drop at 3200 rpms? I'm not very adept at reading JB4 logs - is avg_ign 2.6 good or bad? I thought above 1 meant you weren't getting full timing - and it appears that cylinder 1 was running less than the rest around that rpm. If so, you may have some more in it with a tad of octane booster.

Zhelyazkov

Private
Jun 23, 2017
Bulgaria
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
For that drop I'm thinking wheel spin on the dyno, clutch slipping, WG a bit slow to react... but that's guesses only... I'm not very good in reading logs, so I'll not even try :smile: here are people who can say for sure. @ Trebila may be?
The other thing is this is the limit of the HPFP... In the spring I'll throw coils and plugs for sure and I'm considering meth PI, since E85 is not available here

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I don't see an issue with your HPFP, and I wouldn't expect an issue at this power level on pump gas. On map3, I think you'd want the avg_ign to be below 1.5 - since you're at 2.6, you aren't getting full boost, at least according to the JB4 logging guide. Your HPFP only drops to 10 at torque peak, and even that is probably 'ok'. The rest of the pull the hpfp looks fine I think - in the 12s. Hopefully someone more skilled at reading the JB4 logs will chime in. I use MHD only and it's very straightforward since nothing is being skewed.

Zhelyazkov

Private
Jun 23, 2017
Bulgaria
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
I don't see an issue with your HPFP, and I wouldn't expect an issue at this power level on pump gas. On map3, I think you'd want the avg_ign to be below 1.5 - since you're at 2.6, you aren't getting full boost, at least according to the JB4 logging guide. Your HPFP only drops to 10 at torque peak, and even that is probably 'ok'. The rest of the pull the hpfp looks fine I think - in the 12s. Hopefully someone more skilled at reading the JB4 logs will chime in. I use MHD only and it's very straightforward since nothing is being skewed.
I was looking at some logs the other night and HPFP is dropping to 9 shortly at top rpm... may be there is some more in it, but pushing it all the way is not my goal. Other people are chasing the records :grinning: Springtime, when back on the road, I'll see what more can be done but I think octane is what will be most beneficial.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I saw that, but I thought that was after the load was reduced because throttle was lifted. I always thought fuel demand was highest at peak torque, which would've been at a much lower RPM than peak power.