Oil leak from top of trans

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Access the harness plug seal? I don't think there is access to the transmission tunnel from inside the cabin. The GWS is an electronic box and not physically connected to the transmission like a manual. Unless you're trying to say something else.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
That’s what i was hoping ! That you could identify if that was where the oil was coming from
If nobody gets to it before me, I'll be taking tons of photos during my dct swap and I'll be able to answer this question then. I'm sure someone knows the answer this this however

juld0zer

Feb 24, 2018
Ride
135i
At best you would have to droop the transmission as far as the engine mounts will allow but it is far easier to just remove the transmission. Every person has their own limitations (large hands, patience etc).
On the M3 the additional cooler makes access even more frustrating.

This will allow for thorough cleaning, full access to the side pan seal and some car pron.

Anyone with a wet bottom pan or suspicious side pan should invest the time to inspect the connector sleeve as it is a common failure. When it leaks, Getrag have even so kindly provided a hole for the oil to escape downwards.

Reactions: aus335iguy