On3 single turbo kit

twosickz

Jul 5, 2017
Ride
07 335 - motiv single n54
did you need to install studs on the hubs to use wheels nuts vs the oem style lug bolts?

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
I think it looks to be a perfect kit for what it provides. Don't know why some people hate, it looks like a perfect kit to make good power. Just think of the guys still waiting for the other guy's kit!

Gustavor

Lurker
Feb 1, 2018
Ride
2007 BMW 335i
Reviving the thread, can you link me to the fitting you said your friend used to be able to clock the turbo right?

Vdkk

Private
Sep 3, 2018
Ride
335 e92
On3 kit has been updated. The new oil drain allows full clocking of turbo. Installed mine this weekend no issues besides a bum BOOSTBOX and those stupid exhaust manifold nuts. Make sure to get 3 smaller nuts and the rest can be the OE nuts you removed.. home Depot actually had copper nuts the right thread that's what I ended up doing.

Kit was easy to install. Just took time.
On an X drive system the subframe seems to be an issue.. so I notched the rear crossbar of mine a bit to make the downstream o2 sensors fit. Other then that no fitment issue.

Misfiren54

Mar 23, 2020
1/12/17
For anyone still looking for more info on the on3 kit I just ordered one yesterday, I'll be posting as many pictures as possible as well as doing the install myself and answering any questions you have and I may have some questions also. First time doing a turbo install ever so I guess this is kind of a build thread.

First update - I called to place my order to see if they had the full kit in stock, they have everything except for the pipe that goes from the turbo to the intercooler and said they should be back in stock on those within 2-3 weeks since its a custom part and will send me one asap, cool. I went ahead and ordered it anyway and they refered me to someone who has installed their kit on the n54 motor a couple of times if I had any questions. I went along and did that and what do you know he had an extra one of those pipes that i needed so thanks to Patrick, not sure if he's on the forums or not. As far as what I ordered I got the 61mm journal option for an extra $125, wasnt going to spend anymore for a bb or such when i plan on upgrading to a precision or another vband anyway. I deleted the Wastegate since I heard they have major boost creep issues and the spring included is weak and ordered a tial mvr. I then deleted the bov and charge pipe since I already have those. I kept the intercooler option since I know my 5 inch stepped won't keep up and got their 7 inch ic included instead. After all of that it came out to 28xx then after shipping i paid 2943 total.

- Parts list so far
On3 kit - 2943

- Bought separate
Tial wg - 370
Mac solenoid - 33
Manifold gaskets - 30
Heat wrap and tape - 40
Oil/coolant - 100

Complete total is 3515 so far for everything I need. I haven't added the prices for hosing and little things i may or may not have to get but ill update it if so.

Keep in mind you can sell your current parts as well to make back some money, these prices are not accurate for everyone.
Intercooler - 250
Catless downpipes - 300
Stock turbos - 250-300
Intakes/inlets if possible.

With 800 or so back, new total.. $2715

Tune prices vary.

Also on my list to get within the 2 months index 12s, new vc, lsd, oil cooler and tires. Plan is to be done by tx2k March 16th. That's it for now.

1/18/17
Update, kit shipped out today and will be here Friday! They had most of the stuff in stock but still had to fab a couple pieces up before shipping but a week wait isn't much at all, I'll have pictures up when it gets here.

1/20/17
Boom
View attachment 1703 View attachment 1704 View attachment 1703 View attachment 1704 View attachment 1705 View attachment 1706 View attachment 1707 View attachment 1708 View attachment 1709 View attachment 1710 View attachment 1711 View attachment 1712 View attachment 1713 View attachment 1714 View attachment 1715 View attachment 1716

Came in today already, only took 2 days of shipping. Everything looks good and the parts list was accurate. They're back ordered on couplers lol but they'll send them as soon as they're in stock. I started taking the car apart today and got to the manifold bolts and called it a night, I'm going to have more pictures of some of the install I didn't take any of me taking the car apart because there's already write ups.
I know this is old but are you still in atco